Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos due tomorrow, today I buy these ...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MidnightPackage

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:32 pm    Post subject: Kronos due tomorrow, today I buy these ... Reply with quote

The long odyssey is over tomorrow, my Kronos 61 is due to be delivered by the end of the day. I am finally going to allow myself to get a bit excited about it. In a couple of hours I am heading to my local dealer to buy a pair of these monitors. I can only afford to spend about $500 after buying the Kronos. These seem to be very highly rated for that price range. Does anybody have any opinions on these?

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Rokit8G2/
sparkie
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the KRK 5,,smaller than yours, and they are fantastic!! Perfect!! I got mine on sale at Guitar Center for $199 pair.
MidnightPackage

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, that is good to know. I have been running my mixer through a very high-end stereo (I know, I know - but I am not a professional) that has very good, and very large speakers. Being accustomed to pretty good bass response I wanted to go for the 8" model. However, I was surprised to see that they weigh 30lbs each.
Chriskk

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to have a pair of the Rockit 8's. They were fine. I now use a pair of Yamaha HS50M's. The Yamaha sounds more accurate and more focused to my ears.
MidnightPackage

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. I picked up the KRK 8" monitors this afternoon, and let the guy at Guitar Center talk me into some better cables (I have spent a bunch between the Kronos and the monitors, may as well make a premium connection between them). They are really large and heavy. I have plenty of room for them, and they will be replacing much larger speakers. I have not tried them yet. I think I am going to wait until my Kronos arrives tomorrow. I am very excited Smile
Mystic38

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Rockits are decent speakers for the price.. Keep your eyes on eBay for krk v8 for an upgrade sometime though....the equivalent of upgrading the FACS on your synth! Lol
Anyway..when he sold you "better" cables... I do assume these are balanced cables?
Korg PA4X, Nord Stage 3, Virus Ti Polar, Novation Nova II, Yamaha S70XS, MPC-X, TC Helicon Voicelive Rack, KRK VXT8 monitors, 2012 LP Standard, 1999 Am. hardtail Strat, Fender DRRI, Orange AD30HTC, Marshall Vintage Modern, 2 cans and a piece of string...
MidnightPackage

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, balanced TRS Mogami 10' cables. I paid about $50 each for them. I realize I probably overpaid, and paid for nothing, but the cables actually have a very durable and high-end feel to them, and they come with a replacement warranty.

My Kronos is "Out for Delivery" ... Smile
Melodialworks Music
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MidnightPackage wrote:

My Kronos is "Out for Delivery" ... Smile

Awesome! Very exciting!
MidnightPackage

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, very exciting! I am taking today through Wednesday off from work so I can play. My boss just emailed and asked "Did your keyboard come yet?" My wife says that UPS usually comes around 10:30 am (less than an hour from now) or at 5:00 pm (booooo). Hoping it comes soon, because I can only watch the instructional videos about 3 more times before I go crazy Smile
EnjoyRC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can imagine how you're feeling. Don't you wish UPS had more detailed tracking information than just "Out for delivery"? Wish you could see how close they were. Smile

Korg (Kronos 88, RK-100S 2), Behringer DeepMind 12, Roland (GAIA, A-800-Pro)
MidnightPackage

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really do. In fact, it was shipped Ground from California to Florida and was not scanned for six days straight. It wasn't until yesterday that I was confident I would get it today *peers out the front window*
MidnightPackage

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's here! Serial number 386. Sounds incredible. See you all in a month! Wink
EnjoyRC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats.... drewling

Korg (Kronos 88, RK-100S 2), Behringer DeepMind 12, Roland (GAIA, A-800-Pro)
EvilDragon
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adam A7x...
donjuancarlos

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man, sometimes it sucks not living in the States
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: