Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KRONOS ASSAULT – Testers needed.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Sharp, can all these be loaded without having to first remove any of the original programs?

No, because KORG used up every bank. You have to unload some EXs anyway in order to free up 850MB of RAM, so it’s not going to make a difference. You have no choice.

Not unless KORG add more banks and RAM.

Quote:
I bought your Assault when I owned the Oasys.. I sold it though, so does that count for the Kronos?

Everyone who purchases OASYS ASSAULT will be on the mailing list for the free copy of KRONOS ASSAULT.

Regards
Sharp.
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad Sad
sparkie
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was hoping for a different answer.. I should have known.
MidnightPackage

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:
No, because KORG used up every bank. You have to unload some EXs anyway in order to free up 850MB of RAM, so it’s not going to make a difference. You have no choice.

Sharp, could you, or somebody else, let me know how to unload some EXs, and how to load ASSUALT, and then restore the original EXs? I just got my Kronos yesterday, and I am new to Korg instruments. I want to try out your product, but I am a little bit nervous I might do something permanent to my Kronos. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys.

I'm actually wrong. Bank U-G is free, so you can use the OPEN option in disk mode to load KRONOS ASSAULT to U-G. You still need to unload EXs data from GLOBAL mode to free up sample ram though.

Hope to release KRONOS ASSAULT in the next hour or so. I'm uploading right now. It's a big file. 803 MB

Regards
Sharp.
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MidnightPackage wrote:
Sharp wrote:

Sharp, could you, or somebody else, let me know how to unload some EXs, and how to load ASSUALT, and then restore the original EXs? I just got my Kronos yesterday, and I am new to Korg instruments. I want to try out your product, but I am a little bit nervous I might do something permanent to my Kronos. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Sure thing. Its dead easy.

1: Press the GLOBAL button
2: Touch the Tab in the top right of the screen.
3: Select “Expansion Sample Setup” and un-tick what you want to unload.

To load them again at any point, just tick the boxes and press OK.

Have no fear, you can't screw this up.

Regards
Sharp.
sparkie
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp are you looking at ..and using Kronos .. or OASYS?? The layout and tabs are different..
MidnightPackage

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I am definitely not seeing what you are describing Sharp. Also, how does one move the ASSAULT files to the Kronos? I thought the Kronos would show up as another drive on my PC, but that doesn't seem to be happening (yes I loaded the drivers). Sorry to be so dense.
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparkie wrote:
Sharp are you looking at ..and using Kronos .. or OASYS?? The layout and tabs are different..

Sorry... I'm sooo sleepy right now. You guys need to go to the KSC Auto Load page in GLOBAL mode. The steps above are for OASYS only.

Regards
Sharp.
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MidnightPackage wrote:
Also, how does one move the ASSAULT files to the Kronos? I thought the Kronos would show up as another drive on my PC, but that doesn't seem to be happening (yes I loaded the drivers). Sorry to be so dense.

Got to disk mode and to the Utility Tab. There you will find a COPY option that will allow you to copy from one drive to another.

For example, COPY from a Pen Drive to the SSD.

Regards
Sharp.
MidnightPackage

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Sharp. I was able to copy the ASSUALT files to my Kronos. I unchecked the PRELOAD.KSC file and added the ASSAULT.KSC and performed the Auto-Load Now function. So, it would seem I am all loaded, but I have no idea how to access these sounds. Again, I apologize for being so dense about this. In the end if I can get this working, anybody can Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: