Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hook up USB-keyboard to Kronos' USB-port?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ralf421

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:44 pm    Post subject: Hook up USB-keyboard to Kronos' USB-port? Reply with quote

Hi everybody,

I don't have a Kronos yet, but wonder if it's possible to hook up one of these USB-keyboards (e.g. Korg's microKEY) directly to the Kronos' USB-port as a second manual?

Actually, I hope it works, but I'm not sure.

It would be great if anybody could test that quickly, or maybe someone has already checked it out.

Thanks a lot,
Ralf
RC-IA
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Won't work, no driver on kronos for this, i think
ralf421

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ups, that's bad news. So there's no way of connecting this Controller-to-USB-box either?
http://www.eowave.com/instruments.php?prod=53

For my needs, one continuous pedal is not enough, so I was hoping to expand the Kronos easily with that thing, and the microKEY for a small lightweight second keyboard.

Really not working? :-(
robinkle

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ralf421 wrote:
Ups, that's bad news. So there's no way of connecting this Controller-to-USB-box either?
http://www.eowave.com/instruments.php?prod=53

For my needs, one continuous pedal is not enough, so I was hoping to expand the Kronos easily with that thing, and the microKEY for a small lightweight second keyboard.

Really not working? Sad

I'm taking a guess here, you could a controller with midi cables, or rout the signals through a computer.
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

USB devices (including USB controllers) need device drivers (specialized software) to work. These are normally either part of the Computer Operating System (e.g. WinXP or Mac OSX) or provided by the manufacturer and installed by the user.

Since the Kronos has a closed proprietary Operating System no USB device will work unless Korg has designed their OS to support it. The Kronos OS has been designed to use/recognize USB drives but not other USB devices (like a USB keyboard).

Unless you are willing to use a computer in your setup, you will have to use a second keyboard that has an actual MIDI OUT port which you would connect to the Kronos MIDI IN.

Korg USA Product support -- https://www.korgusa.com/contactus (For fastest service I would suggest calling them on the phone)

Outside the U.S. contact your Korg Country Distributor -- https://www.korg.com/us/corporate/distributors/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: