Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KRONOS ASSAULT – Now Online.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:24 am    Post subject: KRONOS ASSAULT – Now Online. Reply with quote

Hi all.
I've just released KRONOS ASSAULT.

CLICK HERE

Existing OASYS ASSAULT users... DO NOT buy this library. You will received an email very soon with download details for a free copy.

Any questions just ask. I will upload DVD Artwork in a few days for those who want to burn their download to a DVD. I will also release a verion of KSC Gen for KRONOS ASSAULT over the next few days.

Regards
Sharp.
kron

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It needs at least 845MB free, so that trashes out almost all of the factory sounds? Or is there a way to retain factory and load this?
Davidb
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic news for all prospective and actual Kronos users. Very Happy

For those who dont know about other James libraries, well, you´ll be amazed when you hear this one, specially the vocal content.

A "must have" for any OASYS/Kronos.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Shakil
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kron....

No, it doesn't trashes all the factory sounds....... Just the EXs.... Think of them like free sample sounds from KORG, not the factory sounds, and those are optional.
EvilDragon
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4 GB of RAM really needs to become a reality for Kronos.

Great sounds here, James!
RC-IA
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EvilDragon wrote:
4 GB of RAM really needs to become a reality for Kronos.

Great sounds here, James!

and user samples streaming
Vlad_77

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I am confused. I want to buy these because they are STUNNING. However, I have not had the time to audition the HUGE amount of patches in Kronos. If I buy these, can I select what EXs to trash/move and load Assault as well?

I realize that all of the factory sounds can be reloaded and that with Kronos we have moved away from the preset paradigm to the preloaded paradigm.

Frankly, I wish there was a way to access these directly from a USB stick.

Korg, we DO need the 4 GB, PLEASE??

Anyhow, if anyone could please clear up my confusion I would be most appreciative. There are patches in Assault that as I was listening to them, I realized I needed in my sound palette.

Thanks all!,
Vlad
Current gear: Kronos, Jupiter 80, Kurzweil PC3,Roland Fantom X8, Roland XV-88 (yep, its old, but the ACTION is heaven and those XV-3080 sounds are still wonderful for me), Radias-R, Motif ES (yeah it's older but I love the guitars Wink )
RC-IA
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes you can select what exs you want to unload, but assault requires about 850 mo... so your choice will be limited, for now. but it's quick to reload/unload thing
Morten'J

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great:) I am big fan of Jarre's Rendezvous 4

So will assault and Karo Movie,Dance,Taurus is that possible to have in once ,the is not much about how big Karo's stuff is
cello
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Assault and some of the Karo libraries (movie and Symphony) for OASYS.

Even with Sharp's reducing the samples required for the Kronos Assault, I really don't think you'd be able to load all of them at the same time.

Karo symphony for example needs the OASYS EX2 and EX3 to be unloaded just for itself - and that's with 4Gb of memory!
Kevin Nolan
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have OASYS Assault and I must say, it's a very strong library. It's like having the instrument restocked with a vibrant new sample set.

sharp released a utility called KSC_GEN (for your PC), which allows you to create subsets of the entire library to load onto the OASYS - so you can select just one sound form the library, or any subset of the library you choose. The utility is excellent - it lists the available sounds and offers an opportunity to play an mp3 phrase using it to remind you of the sound in order to make the correct selection.

So if Sharp makes that utility available for Kronos it will allow you to manage how much of the library to load onto your Kronos and hence the problem is soolved.

And I'll say again - this is a very capable library - very nice indeed - I really mean that. It's the real deal - a great expansion pack full or excellent samples and programs. Worth every penny (and I am in no way connected with Sharp - I'm saying this on merit alone).

Kevin.
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the very kind words guys.

Kevin actually hits on a very good point. By default, there is no way to automatically customise a Sample Library on the keyboard itself. The LOAD PCG and RAM option will load the same samples to memory more than once if they are used in other Program sound, which in turn a complete waste of memory.

KSC GEN totally solves this problem and no other KORG Format library in the world has such a tool available. You simply select the sounds you want in your custom library and KSC GEN writes a KORG Script file that tell your keyboard what samples to load, never loading the same one twice.

The end result being, you get a totally optimised and custom version of your library with the minimum amount of memory possible being used. Darn clever even if I so myself. Cool

Regards
Sharp
jemkeys25

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can be busy for years with the stock kronos, i'll just wait till they're free.
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jemkeys25 wrote:
you can be busy for years with the stock kronos, i'll just wait till they're free.

What makes you think I'd ever release them for free in the future ?

Regards
Sharp.
operaman

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jemkeys25 wrote:

Dude, it's comments like this that bother me. As a professional opera singer I believe you SUPPORT artists and sound design is an art. If you do not want to PAY for more samples more power to ya, but how about not crapping on the sound designers and "insinuating" for lack of a better term piracy.

It really ticks me off when I read this. I suppose I should not be paid for my performances since you could tape me once and just listen to the rebroadcast right? I sure hope all of your software is paid for though remarks like you gave cast that in a bad light.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: