Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The best.....But in what context???
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shakil
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laste7: "I think, somebody who made the descission to buy a Kronos will of course say that the Kronos is the best....why should he buy one, if not???? "

Yes, only before buying a gear..... once it's used and broken into, the opinion can change dramatically. You may find limitations/frustrations/shortcomings/flawed design choices..... etc, after taking it home and actually using in your studio or live.....
aron
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought it because I used to own a Rhodes, polysix,dx7,piano,lead synths so it seemed like a natural fit. Oh and my pc361 broke and i needed a new keyboard to replace for certain gigs.

I mainly play live gigs. The Kurzweil still beats it for live but in only one area for me. Polyphony.

I find the Kronos to be one of the most fun keyboards I have ever owned. I'm lucky that I don't have to choose. The s90es, Kronos, pc361, vl1 made a spooky combo.
Laste7

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shakil wrote:

Yes, only before buying a gear..... once it's used and broken into, the opinion can change dramatically. You may find limitations/frustrations/shortcomings/flawed design choices..... etc, after taking it home and actually using in your studio or live.....

Yes, but this is not a problem of Korg, it's a selfmade problem. that means you bought without checking the technical datas. And finally not asking the reseller for a 30-days-money-back guarranty... Smile
Mystic38

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, but that is a myopic view.. Shakill is correct

There are many many things about how any item as complex as a workstation operates that is not included in the manual.. Workflow and how to stuff, even if included are all workstation, or worse, sound generator centric not music and studio centric..

Laste7 wrote:
Shakil wrote:

Yes, but this is not a problem of Korg, it's a selfmade problem. that means you bought without checking the technical datas. And finally not asking the reseller for a 30-days-money-back guarranty... Smile

Korg PA4X, Nord Stage 3, Virus Ti Polar, Novation Nova II, Yamaha S70XS, MPC-X, TC Helicon Voicelive Rack, KRK VXT8 monitors, 2012 LP Standard, 1999 Am. hardtail Strat, Fender DRRI, Orange AD30HTC, Marshall Vintage Modern, 2 cans and a piece of string...
ScoobyDoo555
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Wife's consent..... Reply with quote

panrixx wrote:
techman09 wrote:
Wife's consent.....
Oh man this is the realm I will be entering into in about two months.... somebody pray for me, lol...
Without making it too obvious, now is the time to treat her as though she was the only woman on earth and spoil her Wink

Yes, Yes. Lull her into a false sense of security!!! Twisted Evil

My good lady has been with me for nearly 20 years now (14 married), and she knows how much pleasure and joy music brings me. She then also enjoys the financial benefits of my "joy" Laughing

We both win - speculate to accumulate.....

DAn Laughing
Yamaha SY77 & KX88, SSL Nucleus, Korg Kronos 61, Wavestation A/D, Access Virus B, Roland XP30, DeepMind12D, System 1m, V-Synth XT, Focusrite Red16Line, Unitor 8, Akai S3000 XL, Alesis Quadraverb+, Focal Shape Twins, Full fat iMac, Logic Pro X, ProTools 2021, loadsa plugins.
Mystic38

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Wife's consent..... Reply with quote

Hmm.. My words would be "it keeps me out of her hair and off the streets" Smile

ScoobyDoo555 wrote:
panrixx wrote:
techman09 wrote:
Wife's consent.....
Oh man this is the realm I will be entering into in about two months.... somebody pray for me, lol...
Without making it too obvious, now is the time to treat her as though she was the only woman on earth and spoil her Wink

Yes, Yes. Lull her into a false sense of security!!! Twisted Evil

My good lady has been with me for nearly 20 years now (14 married), and she knows how much pleasure and joy music brings me. She then also enjoys the financial benefits of my "joy" Laughing

We both win - speculate to accumulate.....

DAn Laughing

Korg PA4X, Nord Stage 3, Virus Ti Polar, Novation Nova II, Yamaha S70XS, MPC-X, TC Helicon Voicelive Rack, KRK VXT8 monitors, 2012 LP Standard, 1999 Am. hardtail Strat, Fender DRRI, Orange AD30HTC, Marshall Vintage Modern, 2 cans and a piece of string...
ScoobyDoo555
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol
Yamaha SY77 & KX88, SSL Nucleus, Korg Kronos 61, Wavestation A/D, Access Virus B, Roland XP30, DeepMind12D, System 1m, V-Synth XT, Focusrite Red16Line, Unitor 8, Akai S3000 XL, Alesis Quadraverb+, Focal Shape Twins, Full fat iMac, Logic Pro X, ProTools 2021, loadsa plugins.
RonF
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you remember the golden age of keyboards when "new release models" from the big three actually brought you a sound palette or creative technology you had NEVER seen or heard before!?? Those were the days! And THAT was a reason to buy a new keyboard. Remember the INTRODUCTION of sampling? FM synthesis? Heck....remember when MIDI was first introduced?

Today....its the subtle details which are in a new keyboard, usually its an improvement to workflow or sound quality (rather than sound palette) that either connects with you or not. With KRONOS, its the whole package for me.....high end converters for premium sound quality, SSD, large touch screen and interface, KARMA, 9 consolidated engines, streaming samples, etc. None of this is earth shattering on its own....not like the original introduction of wave sequencing or polyphonic phrase arpeggiators....but as a package its very compelling, and my work flow, sound quality, and ease of use has never been so high on any keyboard I have owned (many!!!).

But I do miss the days when I would go to the music store to demo a new keyboard or module that was released at NAMM, and my eyes and ears would drop to the floor because it was brand new sonic territory. WOW! Ooooo! Ahhhh! In those days the keyboard would sell itself to you. You HAD to have it....or you would be left behind.

Today....assuming that we all are in this to make music ultimately....the SOUNDS you get from Yamaha or Korg or even Roland (and others) are tried and true technology, with subtle variances (pros and cons abound). Its the specs....the features.....the work flow....and perhaps the style of music you play and like....that leads you in a direction of one of these keyboards. What KRONOS is, is the most well spec'ed and feature packed keyboard, at its price point, in history....and for many THIS is very compelling. Its cool, for me, how it has reprised my interest and love of FM synthesis.....an entirely OLD technology.....sounding wonderful and new again.

: )
Laste7

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mystic38 wrote:
Sorry, but that is a myopic view.. Shakill is correct

There are many many things about how any item as complex as a workstation operates that is not included in the manual.. Workflow and how to stuff, even if included are all workstation, or worse, sound generator centric not music and studio centric..

Laste7 wrote:
Shakil wrote:

But if I don't try it, I will not know. And I will not know by just testing it one or two hours at the resellers shop.
Again: I have a 30 days money back guarranty, I will try it at home a long time and I bring it back if I think that it is not the right thing for me....and get my money back.... I did not say that Shakill said something wrong...

By the way: Right know I did not hear anything from a Kronos owner who
is angry about his discission to buy one...
CfNorENa

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laste7 wrote:
By the way: Right know I did not hear anything from a Kronos owner who is angry about his discission to buy one...

With the possible exception of BasariStudios. Wink
Laste7

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CfNorENa wrote:
Laste7 wrote:
By the way: Right know I did not hear anything from a Kronos owner who is angry about his discission to buy one...

With the possible exception of BasariStudios. Wink

Smile Yes, I did read it....but please do not ask for a comment to his problems...
Chriskk

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The concept of a workstation is outdated as far as studio work in concerned. Why would a person solely rely on one workstation when there are so many great soft synths and samplers?
apex
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:23 am    Post subject: Re: Thou doth protest too much, methinks. Reply with quote

Hanon_CTS wrote:
Zeroesque wrote:
Hanon_CTS wrote:
What does Kronos have that I don't already?

Play one. Smile

That's taken nicely out of context.

I didn't say that I wasn't ever going to buy a Kronos. I'm just going to wait until I've gotten the most from my M3. Then, as I have done since the Trinity to Triton transition, wait until people are selling off their used previous model for the new "Latest, and Greatest".

Sure, I got a used Triton Classic when everyone else was buying the Extreme version.
I'm still watching the prices on the used Oasys, just waiting for the day that it dips into the $3K range.

I'll probably get the Kronos about 3 years later than some, but look at all of the tips, tricks, and patches that'll be available for it by then.

Calm down forumites! The surest way to reveal doubts about your attitudes and purchase habits is to get overly defensive about it.

Cheers, Hanon

why are you waiting on the oasys to drop into the $3000 range when you can have the Kronos for that same price?... isn't the Kronos better than the O?

YouTube -
https://www.youtube.com/juliusdeberryjr

Facebook -
https://www.facebook.com/majesticstudiosllc

Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/majesticstudios_jld/
Sina172
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Sina172 on Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
techman09

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:05 pm    Post subject: Outdated?? Reply with quote

Quote:
The concept of a workstation is outdated as far as studio work in concerned. Why would a person solely rely on one workstation when there are so many great soft synths and samplers?

I have never had as much fun with the PC screen and softsynths as I have had with a workstation.... Is that a good enough reason?? (And I do not think that many of us are "solely" relying on the workstation...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: