Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Editor
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ksynth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:31 pm    Post subject: Editor Reply with quote

Any news re the Editor / VST plugin for the Kronos?

There's plenty to explore already just using the Kronos but.....
RKfan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the VST plugin came with the Kronos?

Isn't it on one of the disks?
RC-IA
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RKfan wrote:
I thought the VST plugin came with the Kronos?

Isn't it on one of the disks?

korg is still working on it, should be great Very Happy
ScoobyDoo555
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back page of the Kronos brochure states that it's a download....
Yamaha SY77 & KX88, SSL Nucleus, Korg Kronos 61, Wavestation A/D, Access Virus B, Roland XP30, DeepMind12D, System 1m, V-Synth XT, Focusrite Red16Line, Unitor 8, Akai S3000 XL, Alesis Quadraverb+, Focal Shape Twins, Full fat iMac, Logic Pro X, ProTools 2021, loadsa plugins.
marianghioda

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any news yet?
I have about 200 MIDI songs to transfer in Kronos, I would like to have the editor......
If not, at least let me know, so I can get started....
NavidSyed

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marianghioda wrote:
Any news yet?
I have about 200 MIDI songs to transfer in Kronos, I would like to have the editor...

why would you need an editor for that? just load them using a USB thumb drive or USB hard drive? in sequencer mode you should be able to edit them to you liking... Question
Bald Eagle
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope Korg makes the size of the fonts in the PC editor larger than the touch screen.

The fonts on the M3 Editor are smaller than the touch screen unless you're willing to reduce the resoultion of the monitor. I hope the same is not true with the Kronos.
cynkh
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know people are getting antsy about the VST editor (myself included, or should I say: myself b[]especially[/b]). Has anyone played with "mapping" patch parameters within the PCG files yet? I'm working on a project with another Korg Forums member and have my own little patch "conversion" project going on as well where I'm attempting to get the offset locations and value range for each of the parameters in an MS-20EX patch, a PolySixEX patch, an AL-1 patch, etc. I'm curious if anyone else has attempted this or is looking to do so. It's an offline approach to basically library management but could be useful for "converting" Virus, Radias, JP-8000, Nord Lead, etc patches en masse.
I can't wait for the proper editor to finally come out to really mine the Kronos but I'm finding the touch screen interface and associated Help command are keeping me from ever having to power up my 'puter or RTFM (read the fine manual)!
Whenever the editor is available, I'm sure this group will be the first to find out!

Cheers!

Hardware:
Kronos 61, microKORG, MoPho, Rogue, Aira System-1, Aira TB-3, Aira TR-8, MC-202, TB-303, (KMS-30), Juno 6, Alpha-Juno 1 (PG-300), SH-201, MC-09, Virus TI Snow, K2000, MPC-1000, X-Station 25, MultiMix-16FW, Ableton Live Push

Software:
Logic Pro 9, Korg Legacy Collection, Komplete 8, vCollection 3, Sylenth1, microTonic
marianghioda

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NavidSyed wrote:
marianghioda wrote:
Any news yet?
I have about 200 MIDI songs to transfer in Kronos, I would like to have the editor...

why would you need an editor for that? just load them using a USB thumb drive or USB hard drive? in sequencer mode you should be able to edit them to you liking... Question

It's much easier to do all the edits in Cubase 5, with a mouse, I have macros, instead of the little (but nice) touch display of Kronos.
BetaMark

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RC-IA wrote:
korg is still working on it, should be great Very Happy

Hope it won't be long, because I plan to integrate the Kronos with Logic. In fact, it was the fantastic integration between Logic and my M50 via the plugin editor that prompted me to reserve a Kronos sight-unseen.
curvebender
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't be surprised if Korg also released some sort of editor/controller app for the iPad, just like Yamaha have done for the Motif XF.
cynkh
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What we be even more fantastic if they had the iPad app also able to export your iMS20 patches to the Kronos and/or use its control surface real-time. I know it works as a MIDI controller with the Apple USB camera kit so it doesn't seem like too much of a stretch.

Hardware:
Kronos 61, microKORG, MoPho, Rogue, Aira System-1, Aira TB-3, Aira TR-8, MC-202, TB-303, (KMS-30), Juno 6, Alpha-Juno 1 (PG-300), SH-201, MC-09, Virus TI Snow, K2000, MPC-1000, X-Station 25, MultiMix-16FW, Ableton Live Push

Software:
Logic Pro 9, Korg Legacy Collection, Komplete 8, vCollection 3, Sylenth1, microTonic
marianghioda

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any news yet?
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in no hurry as well, and have a lot of understanding for some delay in delivering the editor.

What I would find appropriate two months after release though, is some Korg staff feedback about the state of things.

The reason for asking is trying to plan: if I know it doesn't take long I don't have to invest too much time in porting midi and audio stuff over to the Kronos from previous projects on other hardware and software. The present sequencer is ok for some recording, but not well suited for heavy importing/editing.

So for the sake of planning - please give us a hint.
Broadwave
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cynkh wrote:
What we be even more fantastic if they had the iPad app also able to export your iMS20 patches to the Kronos and/or use its control surface real-time. I know it works as a MIDI controller with the Apple USB camera kit so it doesn't seem like too much of a stretch.

Korg could go one step further and also make the editor (or a copy of the Kronos OS) available for the iPad. Just imagine... a 10" screen with capacitive touch over WiFi - Mmmm, nice.

Another factor to take into account about the for coming editor is that Korg aren't just producing something that edits a single engine (like the M3), there's a further 8 engines to consider... no simple undertaking, so I'm not surprised there's a delay.

We'll get it soon, hopefully.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: