Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Roland Articulation Phrasing... Anything similar?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bruce Lychee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:08 pm    Post subject: Roland Articulation Phrasing... Anything similar? Reply with quote

I've been watching some videos on the Roland V Synth GT. The one thing that really stuck out to me as interesting was the Articulation Phrasing technology. It seems pretty amazing. Can anyone with experience comment on its usefulness as an expressive tool for live playing? Does it work as well as the demo videos illustrate or is it less useful during actual playing.

Also, does any other company have something similar? I have access to a used GT for cheap and thought it might be worth picking up for the Articulation Phrasing technology alone.
Mystic38

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is unclear whether aspects of the ap synthesis are included in the supernatural modeling in the jp80 however the vsynth is one of the landmark synths in the last 10 years IMO.. It is a great complement to any studio
Korg PA4X, Nord Stage 3, Virus Ti Polar, Novation Nova II, Yamaha S70XS, MPC-X, TC Helicon Voicelive Rack, KRK VXT8 monitors, 2012 LP Standard, 1999 Am. hardtail Strat, Fender DRRI, Orange AD30HTC, Marshall Vintage Modern, 2 cans and a piece of string...
MidnightPackage

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure if it's comparable, but the articulation on the Yamaha Tyros seems pretty amazing to me.
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MidnightPackage wrote:
I am not sure if it's comparable, but the articulation on the Yamaha Tyros seems pretty amazing to me.

The Tyros SA voices are just that, ready to use voices...

The Ap synthesis engine of the V-synth allows you to create the most amazing and imaginative synth voices ever heard...

A comparable synthesis engine that allows for accoustic simulations would have made the Kronos complete... If there is one weak spot in the Kronos that leaves room for improvement, its this kind of synthesis.
Bruce Lychee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. I was also wondering if it is going to appear in the Juno. Nothing in the releases thus far mentions it. I also wonder if a more advanced version is being developed that is worth holding out for. Can you import sampled sounds and apply the Articulation?
Chriskk

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The Ap synthesis engine of the V-synth allows you to create the most amazing and imaginative synth voices ever heard...

Yep. The V-synth would be my desert island synth.
Bruce Lychee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found a mint GT being sold locally on CL this morning. I called the guy and asked if he was interest in working a trade for my CP1. We worked out a trade pretty quickly. I got home an hour ago and have been playing with the GT. I love the AP synthesis and can see the GT being a great tool for playing leads.

Thanks for the input guys.

Mystic38

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enjoy!..

a great decision.. as there there are plenty of decent pianos, but only one Vsynth (ok..three , but you get my point! Smile
Korg PA4X, Nord Stage 3, Virus Ti Polar, Novation Nova II, Yamaha S70XS, MPC-X, TC Helicon Voicelive Rack, KRK VXT8 monitors, 2012 LP Standard, 1999 Am. hardtail Strat, Fender DRRI, Orange AD30HTC, Marshall Vintage Modern, 2 cans and a piece of string...
Bruce Lychee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mystic38 wrote:
Enjoy!..

a great decision.. as there there are plenty of decent pianos, but only one Vsynth (ok..three , but you get my point! Smile

Indeed. I lost out a little financially but got the much better end of the deal creatively. I know it is a great tool for sound creation, but the AP technology makes playing the board so much fun.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: