Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sina172
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:23 am    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

Last edited by Sina172 on Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Chriskk

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Roland and Yamaha are SCREWED!

I don't know why you bash other manufacturers.

Anyway, Korg is far behind Roland and Yamaha in terms of sales and profits. Plus, Yamaha is a majority owner of Korg.
billysynth1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Anyway, Korg is far behind Roland and Yamaha in terms of sales and profits. Plus, Yamaha is a majority owner of Korg.

Your source?

Vas
I am a student of classical piano...I am not a classical pianist.
Kontrol49
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sod the Kronos Sina.....when's your 656,000 channel SSL desk coming??that was supposed to give you some real street cred man Rolling Eyes ....then you truly will be removed from the Dimwit Label you so proudly wear Shocked

We're all waiting in anticipation for the pics of it and your studio full of Excessive Gear you have.

c'mon,c'mon the suspense is too much Silenced
Sina172
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sina172
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vlad_77

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sina172 wrote:
Chriskk wrote:
Quote:

I don't know why you bash other manufacturers.

That MAY be true, but once people see the value to KRONOS brings compared to Roland and Yamaha, it's gonna sell better than every one of them combined.

The Fantom-G is a complete FLOP. And to pay $3700 for a half-a**ed featured instrument is ludicrous.

The Motif XF is a phenomenal keyboard, but it doesn't stand a CHANCE against KRONOS.

They are priced almost identically and KRONOS has 9 Synth Engines, Set List, and MUCH more under one roof.

Kurzweil, other than the Orchestral collections they offer, is nothing more than redundant, compared to KRONOS, IMO.

Sina

Hi Sina,

I seem to remember you at I THINK Roland Clan. LTNS.

I have a Kronos and I love it. I also have a PC3x and love it too. Redundant? How can a Kurzweil be redundant when the architectures between the two instruments are (excuse the pun) vastly different? They are as different from one another as a Fender is to a Gibson. While I do agree that the G was a flop, my agreement is because Roland failed to deliver on ARX which COULD have beaten Korg to the punch. That being said, people are making great music with Fantom G, Yamaha XF, PC3K, etc.

Why does this have to be a bashing thing? Look at it this way: we musicians are the ones who benefit as each company pushes the envelope.

The other night I MIDI'ed the Kronos and PC3x together and the two together are simply STUNNING. EACH has strengths and weaknesses and I like that actually. Again, I love the Kronos as you do. But, no company is screwed. It's capitalism man, and if you think that Roland, Yamaha, and Kurzweil are just going to give up the ghost, you are delusional man.

Ahimsa,
Vlad
Current gear: Kronos, Jupiter 80, Kurzweil PC3,Roland Fantom X8, Roland XV-88 (yep, its old, but the ACTION is heaven and those XV-3080 sounds are still wonderful for me), Radias-R, Motif ES (yeah it's older but I love the guitars Wink )
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chriskk wrote:

Check your facts, man. You're way off.
Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).
shap

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chriskk wrote:
Plus, Yamaha is a majority owner of Korg.

At one time, Yamaha did take a significant position in Korg. That position was later bought back by Korg.
Sonar Producer, everything EastWest
Brian Moore iGuitar+Roland GI-20, Composite Acoustics 6, 12 string guitars, Multiple Ovations from when they were still worth it
Presonus Eureka (2x), TC Helicon VoiceOne
ADAM A7's and JBL 4328Ps, each for its purpose
Border Collies + Misc. Squeaky Toys
jahrome

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:47 am    Post subject: Re: 2 Days in a row, playing the KRONOS at GC. Reply with quote

Sina172 wrote:

I'm also fine with the build quality of the KRONOS. I see nothing wrong with it. I did try to pull out the Data Wheel, and to my surprise it comes right off. Weird. It doesn't really concern me because when I put it back on it's fine. But it IS weird. Whether or not it becomes bigger issue, time will tell. But I HIGHLY doubt it.

Sina

You are surprised? You HIGHLY doubt it will be an issue? What made you decide to pull out the data wheel?
kbrkr
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Sina172"]
Chriskk wrote:
Quote:

The Motif XF is a phenomenal keyboard, but it doesn't stand a CHANCE against KRONOS.

Sina

Kronos has a LOT of catching up to do; the Motif is on the back and frontline of almost every tour and worship stage in the country and has outsold almost every other keyboard in the market for years. It is a GO TO keyboard for most performers. Remember, there is a reason for this.

Good, healthy competition is great for all of us!!!
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="kbrkr"]
Sina172 wrote:
Chriskk wrote:
Quote:

Sina

Kronos has a LOT of catching up to do; the Motif is on the back and frontline of almost every tour and worship stage in the country and has outsold almost every other keyboard in the market for years. It is a GO TO keyboard for most performers. Remember, there is a reason for this.

Good, healthy competition is great for all of us!!!

Next to that, Yamaha has probably the next big thing piled up allready for after this summer...
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bachus wrote:
Next to that, Yamaha has probably the next big thing piled up allready for after this summer...

Oh, you mean another slight variation of the Motif?

Been there, done that... for over 10 years.
Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).
RonF
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:52 pm    Post subject: Re: 2 Days in a row, playing the KRONOS at GC. Reply with quote

jahrome wrote:
Sina172 wrote:

I'm also fine with the build quality of the KRONOS. I see nothing wrong with it. I did try to pull out the Data Wheel, and to my surprise it comes right off. Weird. It doesn't really concern me because when I put it back on it's fine. But it IS weird. Whether or not it becomes bigger issue, time will tell. But I HIGHLY doubt it.

Sina

You are surprised? You HIGHLY doubt it will be an issue? What made you decide to pull out the data wheel?

Just the fact that its become such a big topic on these forums alone is a fair reason why many people may fiddle with the data wheel when demo'ing a KRONOS and contemplating a purchase...or even after having purchased a KRONOS. This contributes to how these things "get going". The simple fact is....the KRONOS data wheel was not designed to be "Pulled Out", or otherwise fiddled with! It was designed to spin on its axis. I have an idea.....don't fiddle with it! And I will bet that 99+ percent of the time....it will do nothing other than spin on its axis for you and provide you with years of faithful service. Theres a great old saying, which I have successfully applied to my gear over the years....."take good care of your sh*t, and it will take good care of you!"
Mystic38

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:11 pm    Post subject: Re: 2 Days in a row, playing the KRONOS at GC. Reply with quote

well, that is part of the problem, the data wheel does NOT have an axis to spin around..unlike any other knob/wheel i have ever encountered...it does not take an engineering phd to see it is a weak design concept.

as far as the abuse cos u know theory..Jahrome does not appear to me to be someone who throws his gear around, was the first here AFAIK to get a Kronos and the wheel simply fell off while scrolling...... methinks i would be kinda irritated too

and since may folks here have an engineering or logical background it is clear that the data wheel actually
RonF wrote:
jahrome wrote:
Sina172 wrote:

Sina

Just the fact that its become such a big topic on these forums alone is a fair reason why many people may fiddle with the data wheel when demo'ing a KRONOS and contemplating a purchase...or even after having purchased a KRONOS. This contributes to how these things "get going". The simple fact is....the KRONOS data wheel was not designed to be "Pulled Out", or otherwise fiddled with! It was designed to spin on its axis. I have an idea.....don't fiddle with it! And I will bet that 99+ percent of the time....it will do nothing other than spin on its axis for you and provide you with years of faithful service. Theres a great old saying, which I have successfully applied to my gear over the years....."take good care of your sh*t, and it will take good care of you!"

Korg PA4X, Nord Stage 3, Virus Ti Polar, Novation Nova II, Yamaha S70XS, MPC-X, TC Helicon Voicelive Rack, KRK VXT8 monitors, 2012 LP Standard, 1999 Am. hardtail Strat, Fender DRRI, Orange AD30HTC, Marshall Vintage Modern, 2 cans and a piece of string...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: