Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Map top or bottom 8 keys to Pads?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
EnjoyRC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:53 am    Post subject: Map top or bottom 8 keys to Pads? Reply with quote

The Kronos still has the whole PAD engine in it like the Oasys and M3. I'm aware that it has a touch screen mode for the PADs. Velocity determined by where you touch.

Can we map the bottom 8 or top 8 keys to the configured PADs? That way you could have true physical touchable triggers. Where we still program the 8 Pads the same as we always did. Same Pad setup page. Just a special way to map to keys.

Korg (Kronos 88, RK-100S 2), Behringer DeepMind 12, Roland (GAIA, A-800-Pro)
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not entirely sure, so it would be nice if somebody can confirm it:

According to the parameters guide, pg 768, karma switches 1-8 can be assigned to midi 00..119 (globally).

And according to page 1104 CC 110-117 are for the pads, so it should be possible to assign them directly to the pads.

Downside is that it is global, so probably you cannot use the karma switches for other purposes then.

I wonder if it is possible to assign them per program/combi differently.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
DaveBoulden

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hope it is possible to map them to the keys as I have one song in our set where I have some pad assigned chords that are both too wide to play with one hand and I am concentrating on what I play with the right hand at that particular point, and since my focus is not on the pad playing, it'd be much better if there is something physical to touch for the pads as there is no tactile feedback with a touchscreen for "playing without looking".
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please write here if it works so others can use the same idea.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the Operation Guide:

Triggering pads from MIDI or the keyboard

You can set up the pads to be triggered from an external MIDI source, such as the Korg padKONTROL. To do so:

1. Go to the Global P2: Controllers page.

2. Under MIDI CC# Assign —Vector Joystick / Pads, set Pads 1‐8 to the desired MIDI notes.

You can also use MIDI CCs, if you prefer. With CCs, the value of the CC is used as the pad’s “velocity.”

It’s as simple as that; the pads will now respond to the specified notes or CCs on the Global channel.

Be aware, however, that this will completely dedicate these notes to triggering the pads; they will no longer trigger sounds normally. For this reason, you may wish to assign notes either below or above the standard keyboard range (for instance, C-1 through G-1).

All of this also applies to notes played on the Global Channel from the local keyboard, with the same restriction: the assigned notes become dedicated to playing the pads.
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the clarification.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: