Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Question for Dan or Jerry or anyone at Korg
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ultimate Dj
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:50 am    Post subject: Question for Dan or Jerry or anyone at Korg Reply with quote

Hello,
I don't know if anyone from Korg will read this or respond but I don't know what else to do to try to get some response.
My name is David and I participated (was a finalist) in the recent Korg Kronos video contest that ended on Friday with the winning video.
Personally, I am very surprised and disappointed that I have not heard anything from Korg over the past three weeks. I don't know if I did something wrong or if I was disqualified for some unknown reason. I have sent them many emails and can not understand why after all the time and effort I put into this contest that I have gotten no reply or anything.
There was never any request for my address so I do not know how I could even receive the MR-2 Recorder.
If there is anyone who reads this that could help me out on this I would be very grateful.

Dj

Last edited by Ultimate Dj on Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:19 am; edited 2 times in total
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I read some other posts, am I correct in understanding that you were selected as a Finalist?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2b0fQtmXqw

If so, I would suggest calling/phoning Korg USA on the phone. Tell them you see you were selected as a finalist, and you thought finalists receive a free MR2 recorder, but that you have not been contacted at all.

P.S. -- Just a thought, but have you signed into your YouTube Account and checked to see if you have any Personal Messages?

Korg USA Product support -- https://www.korgusa.com/contactus (For fastest service I would suggest calling them on the phone)

Outside the U.S. contact your Korg Country Distributor -- https://www.korg.com/us/corporate/distributors/

Last edited by MartinHines on Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jan1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It reminds me of the contest synthgear.com organized in januari where people could guess what the KRONOS was.
I won that contest, and I received an email from them asking me for my address details so that they could send me the monotron.
But, after sending them my details I never received anything, nor did I hear from them again, even after sending another email asking them if something had gone wrong.

I guess they must be really poor to cheat people like that.
And that for, what, the equivalent of 50 Euro's?

I hope you have better luck with KORG, David.
panrixx

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQCgXBf7H0U

Mr Griffo gets his new Kronos 73
Ultimate Dj
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MartinHines wrote:
If I read some other posts, am I correct in understanding that you were selected as a Finalist?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2b0fQtmXqw

If so, I would suggest calling/phoning Korg USA on the phone. Tell them you see you were selected as a finalist, tell them you thought finalists receive a free MR2 recorder, but that you have not been contacted at all.

P.S. -- Just a thought, but have you signed into your YouTube Account and checked to see if you have any Personal Messages?

Yes, you are correct. I was a finalist.
I will take your suggestion and call them first thing tomorrow. Its not something that I would expect I would have to do but I guess it is necessary.
I have checked my PMs at my Youtube account and there is nothing there either.
Thank you for your suggestion!

Jan1 wrote:
It reminds me of the contest synthgear.com organized in januari where people could guess what the KRONOS was.
I won that contest, and I received an email from them asking me for my address details so that they could send me the monotron.
But, after sending them my details I never received anything, nor did I hear from them again, even after sending another email asking them if something had gone wrong.

I hope you have better luck with KORG, David.

I'm sorry to hear what happen to you! It's terrible to promise something and not come through with it.

Thank you and I do as well, for I would expect for a much higher standard from a name like Korg.
Thank you my friends.
Rocness

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jan1 wrote:

Hey Jan , I remember that contest and to me it was a complete fraud . I remember emailing SG guys for some clarification on the contest and could smell the BS a mile away . I guess one of there staff had a last minute better answer than yours and when I say last minute I mean like right after the Kronos was revealed .
RichF

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi DJ,

We tried to send a few emails to you, that have bounced back. We just sent another one, which seemed to go through. Please check your inbox, and if you reply with your mailing address, we'll be all set.

Thanks again for your terrific video!

-Rich
Jan1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rocness wrote:
Jan1 wrote:

Hey Jan , I remember that contest and to me it was a complete fraud . I remember emailing SG guys for some clarification on the contest and could smell the BS a mile away . I guess one of there staff had a last minute better answer than yours and when I say last minute I mean like right after the Kronos was revealed .

Well, apparently some people couldn't care less about honesty and integrity.

For me the issue is not even the monotron, I can live without one.
It's the fact that SG blatantly lied to me & others, and cheated with the contest.
Honour and integrity are worth more to me than all the money in the world, but apparently the guys from SG have no qualms about selling out for less than 50 Euros....
Mike Conway
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korg sent me an nice email, yesterday.

It's not uncommon for runners up to not be contacted, though Korg did handle it on the web page. I really didn't need an email saying:

"You Lost" Twisted Evil

Frankly, I was not expecting a consolation gift, so this is waaaaaaaaaay cool!

As for a past experience, I was announced as a runner up in a film festival and supposed to get a $700 prize. Never got paid.
ddavilyx

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Question for Dan or Jerry or anyone at Korg Reply with quote

Ultimate Dj, KORG is "NOT" known for their support or customer service.
theshinenz

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Question for Dan or Jerry or anyone at Korg Reply with quote

ddavilyx wrote:

Whats the point of you posting any messages on this forum if you are not even interested in the Kronos? Every message you post it some sort of dig at Korg. Are you that bored?
PinkFloydDudi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Question for Dan or Jerry or anyone at Korg Reply with quote

ddavilyx wrote:

Cause unlike Yamaha and Roland, they don't need to repair stuff constantly!!!

(2 can play at the cheap digs game!)

Twisted Evil
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Question for Dan or Jerry or anyone at Korg Reply with quote

ddavilyx wrote:

That's B.S. Care to enlighten us with some examples? I can point you to entire forums that do nothing but talk about how poor Roland's build quality is.
Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).
panrixx

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we have another Troll Wink
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

panrixx wrote:
I think we have another Troll Wink

That's what I was thinking especially since I very very rarely read reports about bad support from Korg.
Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: