Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

USB midi and firmware updating doesn't work on Win7-64bit

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg X-50 / microX
View previous topic :: View next topic  
luiel

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:11 pm    Post subject: USB midi and firmware updating doesn't work on Win7-64bit Reply with quote

Hi all~ I'm using microX with Windows 7 SP1 64bit.
After I've connected the USB cable into my PC, KORG USB-MIDI Driver shows following information.
-----------------------------------------------
File version
User mode driver : 1.13.00.03
Kernel mode driver :1.06.00.01

Advanced
Device List... -> microX #1
-------------------------------------------------
But the microX Editor is not synchronized with microX without any errors.
(All COMBI patch name is InitialCombiA000....)
Also I'm unable to update the device firmware with microX Updater win 105 due to the 'Update device is not found.' error.
And Sonar 8 and Sonar X1 couldn't find my microX as a MIDI device.
Does anyone has any idea about this?
soflames

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:50 pm    Post subject: Re: USB midi and firmware updating doesn't work on Win7-64bi Reply with quote

Hi there might be a simple problem , I had once ,it was just a faulty midi cable.That might be in your case.
luiel

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi but it is a USB cable connection not a MIDI cable used.
Akdmeh

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read manuals.
You need to turn on the instrument with "page 1 and page 2" buttons to enable special update mode.
After that you can upgrade OS.
mdorren

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

same problem... even with the page 1 and 2 boot up. Since I (and the original poster) get the "Update device not found" I would guess that it is midi usb driver related.

Akdmeh... Do you personally run Win 7 64 bit and have successfully updated using the page one and two method?

Perhaps someone can help me with this.... very frustrating. Latest korg usb drivers have been installed. Subsequently the microx editor cannot communicate... thus my guess regarding the driver.

Thanks,
Marty
pagliacci

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:42 am    Post subject: same situation Reply with quote

Thus I have the same problem... yes I have gone thru the steps to upgrade the system software, whence the updater advised I already had the latest version of the system software. That's hard to believe b/c for the life of me I can't find a way to verify what system software version I'm running on my X-50.

I'm using Cubase6 w/Win7 64bit.

Could we all petition for Korg to give us a 64bit version of (at least) the VST plug-in for Cubase6? I see the USB Midi program does allude to a 64bit option. Nothing this USB MIDI interface does is 64bit however, since it will only start itself reliably as a x32 program. Optioning it for running as "Admin Only" doesn't do the trick either.
camille78

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:53 pm    Post subject: X50 USB DRIVERS for win 7 64 bit Reply with quote

I Would like to buy X50, but when I test a friend of mine X50 keyboard, it appears this Keyboard doesn't work under WIn 7 64 bits OS.

I installed the latest X50 USB driver. Under Cubase these is no X50 midi device. Then, I updated the latest version of the x50 system (under vista 32 bit, because if I try to do that under Win 7 64 i also get the "Update device not found" message).

This is clearly a 64 bit driver problem.

Will Korg update very soon this 64 driver and make the X50 working under Cubase or other 64 Music production soft ?

Thanks in advance for your answer. Because I really love the sound of this Keyboard !!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg X-50 / microX All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: