Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Drone on....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RonF
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Randelph wrote:
Are all these nifty ways to achieve drones applicable to the M3 as well?

Thanks,
Randy

Absolutely. They pretty much mirror each other in this regard. Very cool stuff!
Favorite Gear: Kronos 61, M3, Z1, Radias, KPro, KP3, Moog Voyager, Foogers, Virus TI, Jupiter 80, Integra7, GAIA, SPD-30, Kiwi 106, RE-201, MC808, RC505, MV8800, DSI P6 and OB6 and P12, Ensoniq SQ80, EMU MP-7, Eventide H7600, Eclipse, SPACE, Pitchfactor, Timefactor, Looperlative LP-1, Axe FX Ultra, Nord Modular, DSI Tetra, Tempest, PEK, JDXA, Eurorack Modular, Octatrack, MDUW, Monomachine, A4, RYTM, Waldorf Q Phoenix, MWXTk, Blofeld, TR8.
RonF
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a follow up.....I borrowed a friends Boss FS6 latch-able foot switch, to demo this purported "glitch" using CC-66. I can report two things.....

1. The FS6 does not present the same issue as the Yamaha pedal, in that it does not freeze the sequencer even after you release the "latch". I can play a program, and depress the pedal to engage CC66....the program drones. I can now switch to Seq mode, still hearing the droning program, and sure enough...the sequencer tracks are frozen, stuck on track one. BUT....as soon as I release the latch, by pressing again on the pedal.....the Sequencer un-freezes immediately. This is unlike the yamaha pedal, which continued to cause the sequencer to freeze even after the latch was released...until a reboot, or until I unplugged the pedal.

2. As I just said....using CC66 absolutely does cause the sequencer to lock into track one, even while the sequencer is idle. Only when you release the latch does it free up. I find this odd, myself. An earlier poster suggested this was intentionally due to the possibility that if you switch tracks, that it would lead to hung notes (who do not get their note off command). But this seems absolutely contrary to SST implementation all over the KRONOS elsewhere. CC66 is akin to holding a note or chord on the keyboard....which is exactly what you can do with SST....hold a chord, switch programs or MODES, and it will continue to play the held chord until you release the keys. In other words.....it sends the note-off commands even while in a different program or mode. Works wonderfully, in fact! Why would using a pedal to accomplish the same thing cause a different reaction from the keyboard? Still seems like a bug to me.
Favorite Gear: Kronos 61, M3, Z1, Radias, KPro, KP3, Moog Voyager, Foogers, Virus TI, Jupiter 80, Integra7, GAIA, SPD-30, Kiwi 106, RE-201, MC808, RC505, MV8800, DSI P6 and OB6 and P12, Ensoniq SQ80, EMU MP-7, Eventide H7600, Eclipse, SPACE, Pitchfactor, Timefactor, Looperlative LP-1, Axe FX Ultra, Nord Modular, DSI Tetra, Tempest, PEK, JDXA, Eurorack Modular, Octatrack, MDUW, Monomachine, A4, RYTM, Waldorf Q Phoenix, MWXTk, Blofeld, TR8.
sparkie
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyway to "Hold" the combis?? I like this drone effec t especially on bells....cool!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: