Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Using faders

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rosen Sound
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:39 am    Post subject: Using faders Reply with quote

Man im loving this Kronos!

I saw in the videos that he could select the cutoff knob of say polysix and assign a fader to it.

I would like to do this!

I cannot find it in the manual if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

Current gear: Korg Kronos 61, Oberheim OB-8, Alesis Vortex
Past Gear: Triton Extreme w/moss & ram, Korg Radias, Kurzweil Micropiano, Triton classic, & Karma
Come visit my Burbank California repair shop/recording studio! Rosensound.com
And my band: Sirion.us.com
StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant
KARMA Developer<br>Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:44 am    Post subject: Re: Using faders Reply with quote

robbinhood wrote:

I saw in the videos that he could select the cutoff knob of say polysix and assign a fader to it.

I would like to do this!

I cannot find it in the manual if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

I may be misunderstanding your question, but if you make sure the Control Surface Mode is RT/KARMA, then if you are in program mode, doesn't the first knob control filter cutoff for the program?

danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:01 am    Post subject: Re: Using faders Reply with quote

robbinhood wrote:

I would like to do this!

That's something you can do with Tone Adjust.
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
Rosen Sound
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well when i adjust it can i save it like that permanently? What i want to do is adjust my effects while lowering and raising cutoff and reso. lemme know if this is possible nd thanks for the replys so far Smile

Past Gear: Triton Extreme w/moss & ram, Korg Radias, Kurzweil Micropiano, Triton classic, & Karma
cynkh
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's possible to use AMS to re-assign any of the knobs/faders' CC values and then patch it to the appropriate parameter in the synth engine of your choice.
I recommend getting to the parameter page of your engine and pressing the Help button while the AMS option is showing on your screen- I've found this to be invaluable.
I'll have another look at this thread when I'm in front of my Kronos again and get you some more detailed information if the question hasn't already been addressed by that point.

Cheers!

Hardware:
Kronos 61, microKORG, MoPho, Rogue, Aira System-1, Aira TB-3, Aira TR-8, MC-202, TB-303, (KMS-30), Juno 6, Alpha-Juno 1 (PG-300), SH-201, MC-09, Virus TI Snow, K2000, MPC-1000, X-Station 25, MultiMix-16FW, Ableton Live Push

Software:
Logic Pro 9, Korg Legacy Collection, Komplete 8, vCollection 3, Sylenth1, microTonic
StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm at my Kronos now, and I'd still like to mention that, by default, the first knob is assigned to filter cutoff already. For example, try Program U-E001 Unison Stab Saw (a polysix program). Knob two is already attached to resonance. And, when you adjust them, and save the program, those adjustments are applied to the program. Try it! (you can always reload the original from the Preload folder on your hard drive).

It's important to note that using the Real-Time Knobs to adjust the sound *will be* applied to a program when you save it - but in combi mode, it works differently. The positions of the knobs (or their effects) will not be saved when you store a combi.

Rosen Sound
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StephenKay wrote:
I'm at my Kronos now, and I'd still like to mention that, by default, the first knob is assigned to filter cutoff already. For example, try Program U-E001 Unison Stab Saw (a polysix program). Knob two is already attached to resonance. And, when you adjust them, and save the program, those adjustments are applied to the program. Try it! (you can always reload the original from the Preload folder on your hard drive).

It's important to note that using the Real-Time Knobs to adjust the sound *will be* applied to a program when you save it - but in combi mode, it works differently. The positions of the knobs (or their effects) will not be saved when you store a combi.

Thanks so much for your reply Stephen, I've been a long time KARMA fan since the karma mw and it was a real drive for me to get the kronos!

I took your earlier advice and thankfully it worked! the knobs even has one specifically for envelope depth and all of that and i was very very happy. I am still hoping theres a way to use the faders though. If there is please let me know, Im currently downloading this huge manual(s). I don't know which one would have it. Operations of parameter guide.

Also I remember when the M3 came out, korg did this thing where say you had 1 string sound with fast attack, then the same one with a longer attack, you could save it to one program slot as a variation. Can kronos do this? Also even though this isnt the right thread, im wondering if say in setlist mode I can use tone adjust without changing my custom programs. for example I have my harpsichord, and Im wondering if i can transpose it down an octave without affecting the actually program and it only being like that in set list and in that particular slot. Also I'm having issues finding the PADS in setlist mode.. which should really be there!

Ive NEVER owned something this powerful that has stumped me this hard! that is a good thing! thanks korg for this beast on an instrument!

Rosen Sound
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cynkh wrote:
It's possible to use AMS to re-assign any of the knobs/faders' CC values and then patch it to the appropriate parameter in the synth engine of your choice.
I recommend getting to the parameter page of your engine and pressing the Help button while the AMS option is showing on your screen- I've found this to be invaluable.
I'll have another look at this thread when I'm in front of my Kronos again and get you some more detailed information if the question hasn't already been addressed by that point.

Cheers!

That sounds like it would work, but what im wondering is will is SAVE when i adjust it? I guess i should just fire up the kronos and try!

Thanks for the reply man its been helpful

cynkh
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I misunderstood the question. Good thing we have some serious experts roaming these halls Wink! (It's always a little different trying to cram a forum session in while on a quick break at work).
Good luck and kick out the jams!

Cheers!

Hardware:
Kronos 61, microKORG, MoPho, Rogue, Aira System-1, Aira TB-3, Aira TR-8, MC-202, TB-303, (KMS-30), Juno 6, Alpha-Juno 1 (PG-300), SH-201, MC-09, Virus TI Snow, K2000, MPC-1000, X-Station 25, MultiMix-16FW, Ableton Live Push

Software:
Logic Pro 9, Korg Legacy Collection, Komplete 8, vCollection 3, Sylenth1, microTonic
StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

robbinhood wrote:
I am still hoping theres a way to use the faders though. If there is please let me know, Im currently downloading this huge manual(s). I don't know which one would have it. Operations of parameter guide.

Well, as Dan said, you could do this on the Tone Adjust page. Set the Control surface Mode to Tone adjust, go to the Control surface Tone adjust page, you could select Filter Cutoff from the list of params and assign it to a slider, same thing with resonance, etc. - But it's kind of a lot of work when the knobs are already set up that way... But it's another way to edit a lot of params that aren't assigned to the knobs....

Quote:
Also I remember when the M3 came out, korg did this thing where say you had 1 string sound with fast attack, then the same one with a longer attack, you could save it to one program slot as a variation. Can kronos do this?/quote]
I'm not getting this question exactly...

Also even though this isnt the right thread, im wondering if say in setlist mode I can use tone adjust without changing my custom programs. for example I have my harpsichord, and Im wondering if i can transpose it down an octave without affecting the actually program and it only being like that in set list and in that particular slot.

Absolutely. That's what the Control surface Tone Adjust mode/page is for.

Quote:
Also I'm having issues finding the PADS in setlist mode.. which should really be there!

There really isn't a Pads Page per se in Set List Mode. All that you can do, to use the onscreen pads, is to select the program or combi in the Set List, and then use the Menu Command button to "Edit Program" or "Edit Combi", which takes you directly to that program or combi, and then you can select the Pads page. But note that you can still use an external pads device while in the Set List mode to trigger the pads without leaving the Set List. Hope that helps.

Last edited by StephenKay on Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
jg::
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that you might find the knobs easy to get used to, as Stephen suggested. However, using Tone Adjust also has the advantage that the assignments can automatically be transferred with the Program when you use it in Combi or Song mode.

jg::
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: