Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos Flight Case
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rosen Sound
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Custom cases only ADD to standards.
if its for a 61 key keyboard, the price stays the same whether one is 5 inches longer or not.
You add on stuff for the type of latches (like 9 bux each) and gimmics like plush and stuff like that.

personally the only thing i do is the the two latches and dolly wheels.

im paying 500 flat

Current gear: Korg Kronos 61, Oberheim OB-8, Alesis Vortex
Past Gear: Triton Extreme w/moss & ram, Korg Radias, Kurzweil Micropiano, Triton classic, & Karma
Come visit my Burbank California repair shop/recording studio! Rosensound.com
And my band: Sirion.us.com
nowtime

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

500$ - Ouch! Out of my league, unfortunately.
Rosen Sound
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would rather spend 500 to protect my 3000+ investment then 100 bux just to find out it broke anyway.

btw, theyre in north hollywood california

Past Gear: Triton Extreme w/moss & ram, Korg Radias, Kurzweil Micropiano, Triton classic, & Karma
Synthesizedclapping

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

robbinhood wrote:
Custom cases only ADD to standards.
if its for a 61 key keyboard, the price stays the same whether one is 5 inches longer or not.
You add on stuff for the type of latches (like 9 bux each) and gimmics like plush and stuff like that.

personally the only thing i do is the the two latches and dolly wheels.

im paying 500 flat

Is plush worth it? An how do you get them to retro fit the Case for knobs and sliders and the joystick?
Rosen Sound
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the plush will be under the foam so no Smile

Well I am going to bring my keyboard in and get it all measured, im getting it standard with wheels and 2 latches
if you want i can just ive them your email or something and maybe they can make the same thing for you!

Synthesizedclapping

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

robbinhood wrote:

Well I am going to bring my keyboard in and get it all measured, im getting it standard with wheels and 2 latches
if you want i can just ive them your email or something and maybe they can make the same thing for you!

oh ok thanks. i see on the craft store you can buy crushed velvet plush for much much cheaper than $150. Evil or Very Mad

And thanks for the offer but unfortunately i wont be ordering until fall. (73 key). I'll remember in the future though thank you very much.
Synthesizedclapping

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

robbinhood wrote:

Can you upload pictures of the a&s cases you already have showing what makes them better exactly? I'm still a bit skeptical.... Smile thanks
Rosen Sound
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Synthesizedclapping wrote:
robbinhood wrote:

Can you upload pictures of the a&s cases you already have showing what makes them better exactly? I'm still a bit skeptical.... Smile thanks

Theres no magic plate on it that says IM BETTER
its more you gotta feel it to believe. if you live in LA ide be glad to show you one. when you close a latch, you can just TELL

Synthesizedclapping

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

robbinhood wrote:
robbinhood wrote:

Theres no magic plate on it that says IM BETTER
its more you gotta feel it to believe. if you live in LA ide be glad to show you one. when you close a latch, you can just TELL

Nope new York. I guess your right. But if I'm gonna get a good case I need to cut back stand wise cause I don't have the money for two good things like that. If there's such thing as a good stand... I guess i feel that say the pro stage gear case, you could just take a box cutter and cut custom holes, buy more pieces of foam and customize it yourself, and then purchase some silk crush to sow over all the foam for a lot cheaper than 200$ extra.
StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant
KARMA Developer<br>Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out Road Ready Cases

http://store.roadreadycases.com/dyn_prodlist.php?k=154216

I have one of these (the 61 with wheels). The wheels are great, greatly simplifies trucking it through an airport (or anywhere for that matter).

I've used it for my M3-61, my Karma, whatever. I'm sure the Kronos will fit in it as well (haven't tried it yet). One of the cool features is they have these Z-lock inserts of hardened foam, that you can remove one or more layers from any side, and snap back in. It basically can fit almost any keyboard exactly, because of that. You can use it for one keyboard of a certain dimension, then, if you have another similar keyboard that is slightly deeper and less wide, you can remove a few from one side, lock them into the other side (and they do lock, it's really quite innovative) - and it works well.

Taken my keyboards to NAMM on the airlines multiple times through TSA with this baby, everything's fine every time. Except for that stupid printed sheet they put in the keyboard about how the TSA felt it necessary to manhandle my keyboard and move other stuff around - don't pack footpedals and cables in there when travelling through airlines. No matter how carefully you arrange that stuff so it won't damage the keyboard, the TSA will just remove it and throw it right back in on top of your keyboard and slam it shut.

Synthesizedclapping

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StephenKay wrote:

I have one of these (the 61 with wheels). The wheels are great, greatly simplifies trucking it through an airport (or anywhere for that matter).

I've used it for my M3-61, my Karma, whatever. I'm sure the Kronos will fit in it as well (haven't tried it yet). One of the cool features is they have these Z-lock inserts of hardened foam, that you can remove one or more layers from any side, and snap back in. It basically can fit almost any keyboard exactly, because of that. You can use it for one keyboard of a certain dimension, then, if you have another similar keyboard that is slightly deeper and less wide, you can remove a few from one side, lock them into the other side (and they do lock, it's really quite innovative) - and it works well.

Taken my keyboards to NAMM on the airlines multiple times through TSA with this baby, everything's fine every time. Except for that stupid printed sheet they put in the keyboard about how the TSA felt it necessary to manhandle my keyboard and move other stuff around - don't pack footpedals and cables in there when travelling through airlines. No matter how carefully you arrange that stuff so it won't damage the keyboard, the TSA will just remove it and throw it right back in on top of your keyboard and slam it shut.

Certainly a good price. I think I've found the one!
PinkFloydDudi

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StephenKay wrote:

Certainly a good price. I think I've found the one!

I also have a roadready case for my 88 Triton. It has been tossed around a bit, brought on very long rides in a trailer being pulled by a van, been on airplanes, etc. Great quality case...although very heavy.

Handles, locks, padding inside - all great.
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any chance they'll come to the states?

Sweetwater rep called today. They are UNAVAILABLE in the US.

grrrrrr.....

-Mc
Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).
Synthesizedclapping

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McHale wrote:
Any chance they'll come to the states?

Sweetwater rep called today. They are UNAVAILABLE in the US.

grrrrrr.....

-Mc

Can't they make them available?
nowtime

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This could all change soon as soon as the 61/73/88's are all moving and shipping, Korg could put heir focus onto the cases. Any week now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: