Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Purchased (and walked out with) Kronos 88 Today!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trinity2112
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparkie wrote:

Sina I guess you came into money or something

If he did it was within the last 6 months. Read ALL of his posts in the thread below. They explain quite a bit:

http://www.stevepavlina.com/forums/intention-manifestation/55864-getting-into-theta-during-day.html
Current Korg Lineup: Kronos 61, Oasys 76 · M3-61/RADIAS · Trinity Plus/HDR · 01/WFD · 01R/W · X3R · M3R · Wavestation EX · Wavestation SR · Triton Rack/MOSS · Z1EX · TR-Rack · Karma · D3200 · iM1 · iWavestation · iMono/Poly
Other Synths: Berhinger Deepmind 12 · iProphet · Moog Model D
Dearly departed: X3
cello
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trinity2112 wrote:
sparkie wrote:

Sina I guess you came into money or something

If he did it was within the last 6 months. Read ALL of his posts in the thread below. They explain quite a bit:

http://www.stevepavlina.com/forums/intention-manifestation/55864-getting-into-theta-during-day.html

OMG! Fascinating and deeply, deeply disturbing... Laughing

Does this mean then that sina believes he can have this mountain of gear in a studio bigger and better than Vangelis', ergo it already exists in his mind? And by communicating its existence merely affirms his will to make the inevitable (in his view) happen?
Sina172
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Sina172 on Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zeroesque

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the best response I can come up with (from the excellent movie, Office Space):

Peter Gibbons: Our high school guidance counselor used to ask us what you'd do if you had a million dollars and you didn't have to work. And invariably what you'd say was supposed to be your career. So, if you wanted to fix old cars then you're supposed to be an auto mechanic.
Samir: So what did you say?
Peter Gibbons: I never had an answer. I guess that's why I'm working at Initech.
Michael Bolton: No, you're working at Initech because that question is bullshit to begin with. If everyone listened to her, there'd be no janitors, because no one would clean s**t up if they had a million dollars.

Oh, and you've got the wrong Carnegie.
cello
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zeroesque wrote:
This is the best response I can come up with (from the excellent movie, Office Space):

Peter Gibbons: Our high school guidance counselor used to ask us what you'd do if you had a million dollars and you didn't have to work. And invariably what you'd say was supposed to be your career. So, if you wanted to fix old cars then you're supposed to be an auto mechanic.
Samir: So what did you say?
Peter Gibbons: I never had an answer. I guess that's why I'm working at Initech.
Michael Bolton: No, you're working at Initech because that question is bullshit to begin with. If everyone listened to her, there'd be no janitors, because no one would clean s**t up if they had a million dollars.

Oh, and you've got the wrong Carnegie.

Laughing

And yes, Scottish I think - Andrew wasn't it? Wink
franzlp

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, Sina is sounding like the "winning" guy on TV. Ah the fast lane to a crash landing. All or nothing, black or white, my way or the highway.... in the end that never works regardless of the illusion. Absolutes don't reflect the real world. Like music , life has shades and gradual crescendos that slowly reveal the theme of your music or your life. Instant gratification does not fulfill and leaves a harsh aftertaste to a large event. You'll notice that natures really doesn't draw in rigid straight lines rather in curves and it is the journey through the simple that shows you the answers to the most complex answers in life. Einstein knew this, Socrates did to as well as Kennedy.... maybe Sina will see that instead of 3 dimensions we are dealing with many more. Now back to playing.
Trinity2112
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sina172 wrote:

Looks like you guys have found my secret! Mr. Green

It's no secret to anyone. You're a compulsive lair living in a convoluted fantasy. I don't know what's more disturbing - the idea that you're not even aware of your constant lying OR that you are.
Current Korg Lineup: Kronos 61, Oasys 76 · M3-61/RADIAS · Trinity Plus/HDR · 01/WFD · 01R/W · X3R · M3R · Wavestation EX · Wavestation SR · Triton Rack/MOSS · Z1EX · TR-Rack · Karma · D3200 · iM1 · iWavestation · iMono/Poly
cello
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

franzlp wrote:
maybe Sina will see that instead of 3 dimensions we are dealing with many more. Now back to playing.

Seriously good point about dimensions!

My brother in law is a mega senior physicist. We often have a cigar and whisky out on his balcony in London and he tries to help me get my head round things 'out there'.

Usually, however, he only makes life MORE difficult for my poor old head, for example, with his last revelation, that there are 11 recognised dimensions with more expected to be discovered... Shocked

However, even better comment about getting back to music - love it.
Sina172
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keywhiz61

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sina172 wrote:
It's all being contracted out. It's a 25,000 Sq. Ft. house, being expanded to 30,000 Sq. Ft.

There are gonna be 32 rooms in total. 12 of those rooms are gonna be strictly for keyboards and the other rooms are gonna be control rooms and writing rooms, there's gonna be a lounge to just listen to music and relax, surf the web, etc. There's also gonna be a couple of live rooms, vintage rooms and 2 mastering rooms.

The acoustics of the rooms are gonna depend on what main monitors I get to match the sound acoustically and that's all taking place next month. We are redoing the power, A/C and lighting and we're wiring the entire house with top-grade pro audio and audiophile cable lines: MIT, AudioQuest, Vovox, Analysis Plus, Canare, Apogee, Shunyata, XLO, Zu Audio, Ultralink, Tara Labs, Moon Audio, Cardas, StraightWire, Kimber Kable, Zaolla, Mogami, Transparent Cable, etc.

The interesting part of all this is that I'm maintaining the vibe of the house as part of the design in each room. It's SO luxurious and beautiful and that's exactly the sort of vibe I wanna be in when I make music.

Sina

Sounds really cool! I'd love to see what that place looks like! Any chance you can post some pics?
Sina172
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trinity2112
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Truth hurts, doesn't it. And yes, you are a mad man.

I wasn't the first to call your bluff (not even close) nor will I be the last.
EvilDragon
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dany wrote:
drama1 wrote:
Since the M3 has the best of HD1 sample set,...

This is wrong, since the M3 uses the EDS (Enhanced Defintion Synthesis) and the OASYS and KRONOS the HD1 (High Definition) Synthesis (among all the other engines).

True, but note that drama1 mentioned SAMPLE SET, not synthesis. So, M3 has the best SAMPLES from HD1-based synth, which was the OASYS.

ON TOPIC: If sina lived in Europe, he would've ALREADY had 100 Kronii. Laughing Laughing Laughing
Sina172
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Sina172 on Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
Trinity2112
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sina172 wrote:

I CAN'T post pictures right now and if you don't believe that YOUR problem.

Oh, it's no problem at all. It's just a matter of simple curiosity. Lots of members have asked for pictures after reading about your massive home and collection of gear. What's wrong with that? Hell, a picture of two of the studio construction would be very cool to see. YOU do own a camera, don't YOU?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: