Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Got My New 88 Kronos

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rderderian

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:56 pm    Post subject: Got My New 88 Kronos Reply with quote

Fedex ground dropped off the keyboard at noon. I quickly reboxed my Motif XS8 that is now listed on Ebay. Sweetwater put it inside another box to protect the Korg box plus I got Candy...I love tootsie rolls.

Quickly hooked up the New Kronos 88. Played for 1 hour before I had to break for lunch with the family.

Quick Review

1. Key action is great. No issues with noice from the keys.
2. Piano sounds (German and Japan) are much better than on the Motif
3. Karma - I love it
4. You can quickly add a drum track by pushing a button..so much better than on the Motif.
5. The quality of the sound beats the M3 88. So much clearer. The Motif sounds are very good also expecially horns and strings but the Kronos offers so much more.
6. Touch screen is fantastic...so much bigger than the M3 88 was. Also, much easier to use touch than to go through menus like on the Motif. No issues so far with font or selecting. I have not even adjusted it yet. Screen is bright and clear and seems to work better than the M3.
7. Combi's beat the Motif XS paterns hands down. Karma and the Combis will allow much more creativity then the Motif.
8. 9 Engines...It will take weeks to get to them all
9. Quality - Everything works properly. No key issues, no dial issues. I would rate the quality at this point as high.
10. Weight and size. The Kronos 88 keyboard is light...especially compared to the Motif XS8. Also, the keyboard take up less space then the Motif.

Overall....I love it. I already know I made the right choice in getting the Kronos 88, and selling the Motif XS8 and Korg M3 88.

Now back to playing...
KapnKrunch

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats, man! Mine comes next week Wednesday from SW. I plan to become a Kronos isolationist, sleeplessly buried in my studio surviving only on SW Tootsie Rolls and water.

Well, at least that's the plan, until I run it by my wife... Confused
EnjoyRC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Got My New 88 Kronos Reply with quote

rderderian wrote:
Sweetwater put it inside another box to protect the Korg box plus I got Candy...I love tootsie rolls.

Bit-O-Honeys!!!!!!!!

Korg (Kronos 88, RK-100S 2), Behringer DeepMind 12, Roland (GAIA, A-800-Pro)
LyonsT

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pics plz Very Happy Laughing Laughing Rolling Eyes
Borsini Piano Accordion
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: