Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Will there be expansion libraries for purchase/download?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jlc2296

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:55 pm    Post subject: Will there be expansion libraries for purchase/download? Reply with quote

Will third party sound libraries be available for the kronos? It desperately needs some. I think the motif XF+ the Xspand your World expansion pack with 300mb of extra patches, still rivals this new korg. All korg needs is a ton of extra sounds available for download/purchase. Any word on it???
TSUNAMI
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Will there be expansion libraries for purchase/download? Reply with quote

DON'T FEED THE MOTIFATOR TROLLS PEOPLE !!!

jlc2296 wrote:
Will third party sound libraries be available for the kronos? It desperately needs some. I think the motif XF+ the Xspand your World expansion pack with 300mb of extra patches, still rivals this new korg. All korg needs is a ton of extra sounds available for download/purchase. Any word on it???

13in Retina MacBook Pro, Quadcore i5 27in 8GB iMac, Logic Studio 9.1, Ableton Live9, Push, Volca Beats, Korg KRONOS 61, Korg Arp odyssey, Roland D50, Yamaha SY85, Moog Sub37, Roland TR8, Roland SP808, Korg NanoPad2, Eventide H9, Presonus 1602, Alesis M1 MkII, Yamaha APX5, Fender Splattercaster, DrumKat DK10, 1000 miles of cable !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gargamel314
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think one pet troll is enough for now ...
cello
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And that's one too many... Laughing
LyonsT

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha, give me a break. Laughing
Borsini Piano Accordion
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:14 am    Post subject: Re: Will there be expansion libraries for purchase/download? Reply with quote

jlc2296 wrote:
Will third party sound libraries be available for the kronos? It desperately needs some.

The Kronos has TONS of sounds. It can already load AKAI and SoundFont libraries.

jlc2296 wrote:
I think the motif XF+ the Xspand your World expansion pack with 300mb of extra patches, still rivals this new korg.

You may think that, but you would be WRONG. All the Motif XF can do is sample playback. The Kronos has nine synth engines, which provides a world of opportunity for sound development.

jlc2296 wrote:
All korg needs is a ton of extra sounds available for download/purchase. Any word on it???

Yamaha has done a great job lining up third party sounds and libraries, primarily through a handful of vendors.

Tell us, do you even own a Motif XF? If so, why are you even here? If you do own a Motif XF, the only reason you would be here is if you are already bored with your Motif XF.

Enjoy your Motif XF, I will enjoy the Kronos.

Korg USA Product support -- https://www.korgusa.com/contactus (For fastest service I would suggest calling them on the phone)

Outside the U.S. contact your Korg Country Distributor -- https://www.korg.com/us/corporate/distributors/
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:09 am    Post subject: Re: Will there be expansion libraries for purchase/download? Reply with quote

jlc2296 wrote:

You should see it differently. On Korg you get lots of GB of sample data. On the Yamaha you have to pay for some extra 300 MB.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
franzlp

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree Martin that it's a little green jealousy as it looks to me....

I think there were several great ages in the synth timeline...

Age of Moog - late 60"s to early 80's (Minimoog et al.)

Age of Yamaha - late 80's early 90's (DX-7 and so on)

Age of Roland - 90"s (D50)

Age of VST's - late 90s and 2000's

NOW- Age of Korg - Oasys , Kronos platform workstations....
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and yes, there are plans for expansion libraries.
Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).
CfNorENa

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

franzlp wrote:
I think there were several great ages in the synth timeline...

Age of Moog - late 60"s to early 80's (Minimoog et al.)

Age of Yamaha - late 80's early 90's (DX-7 and so on)

Age of Roland - 90"s (D50)

Age of VST's - late 90s and 2000's

NOW- Age of Korg - Oasys , Kronos platform workstations....

My timeline would be a little different:

70s: Age of Moog (with Roland in second place, Oberheim in third)
80s: Age of Roland (with Yamaha in second, Oberheim in third)
early 90s: Age of Korg (workstations)
late 90s: Age of hardware VAs (Access, Waldorf, Nord)
early 2000s: Age of VSTis
late 2000s: Age of boutique modulars
2010s: AGE OF KRONOS!
rderderian

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the Motif XS and the Kronos and the XSpanded sounds (which were free) are an improvement over what came with the Motif, but the Kronos Karma and Combis beat the patterns of the Motif by a long shot.

The Korg M3 also had a set of free sounds and combis offered some time after the keyboard came out. They also offered 2 sets of combis and sounds for the keyboard for a reasonable fee. I am guessing the same thing will happen down the road.

I am selling the XS now on Ebay as the Kronos is all I need and is alot more fun to play then the Motif.

Basically Kronos has more to offer than the Motif. In any case, if there are additional sounds, combis etc, it will be a bonus, but as of now, the Kronos has plenty. Also, for every sound or combi offered on the Kronos, you can edit the sounds/combi to make 1000's of new sounds and combis.
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:28 am    Post subject: Re: Will there be expansion libraries for purchase/download? Reply with quote

jlc2296 wrote:

And it still sucks...right?
Mystic38

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find this quite an amusing thread..

so i will be a bit excessive with sweeping generalisations to make a point (apologies in advance).. Very Happy

let me see...

1. many folks who buy the kronos have never so much as programmed a synth patch..... yet you just bought 9 synths!

2. it took me months of learning and experimentation to make the best out of a simple MS2000.. and it still can produce sounds far better than i program....... yet the simplest engine in the Kronos is more complex than that... thats a lot of work ahead.

3. many folks who buy the kronos have never USEFULLY programmed an arp....and you have just got Karma, and then the editor..

So, If you buy a Kronos, you have YEARS of work to get the best out of it.. but dont worry!!!, you can throw it away and use the presets from the next new workstation..

any synth is a tool folks.. learn to use it... after all

1. you will never run out of stuff to do with the Kronos such that you need expansions
2. if you cannot get sufficient inspiration with what is inside the Kronos today.. spending extra money on expansions wont fix your problem!
Korg PA4X, Nord Stage 3, Virus Ti Polar, Novation Nova II, Yamaha S70XS, MPC-X, TC Helicon Voicelive Rack, KRK VXT8 monitors, 2012 LP Standard, 1999 Am. hardtail Strat, Fender DRRI, Orange AD30HTC, Marshall Vintage Modern, 2 cans and a piece of string...
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mystic38 wrote:
2. if you cannot get sufficient inspiration with what is inside the Kronos today.. spending extra money on expansions wont fix your problem!

And that is actually the biggest problem most musicians have and end
up always buying the latest and also the greatest (which in most cases is not).
franzlp

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes exactly it's called the culture of instant gratification. When you buy this kind of instrument you have to wear 2 hats. One is the musicians hat and the second is the electrical engineer's hat. This instrument requires learning, that means picking up the manual which I am sure is as big as a phone book. This is not a "Jimmy needs more sounds so let me but more sounds from the internet" Put on your thinking cap otherwise you should have just bought a VST. My thoughts.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: