Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Will there be expansion libraries for purchase/download?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lando

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mystic38 wrote:

1. you will never run out of stuff to do with the Kronos such that you need expansions
2. if you cannot get sufficient inspiration with what is inside the Kronos today.. spending extra money on expansions wont fix your problem!

I disagree, for instance the string sounds in Kronos won't ever fill my needs no matter how hard I program the HD1 sounds, but fortunatly there is:

http://www.karo-sounds.com/

I totally agree to what you are saying when it somes to the VA:S but even a sound library as vast as the one in Kronos can't cover all possible bases so fortunatly people and companies can expand it!

So as a reply to OP: yes there will be third party sound libraries, in a very near future.
Scott
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On one hand, the Korg "defenders" are right... no matter how many libraries you add to a Motif XF (and you have to add some just to get to as much as the Kronos already comes with), the Motif is still simply sample playback, whereas the Kronos is sample playback, VA synthesis (in assorted flavors), FM synthesis, EP and string modeling, and complete tonewheel organ emulation.

OTOH, for those who dismiss the Yamaha, music isn't about sheer quantity and versatility alone. People have spend a lot of money just to get a Rhodes piano that does nothing but Rhodes piano. Or a Minimoog just for its particular unique palette, whatever.

Not wanting to deal with the weight of a weighted Kronos, I got the 61... and so far, I think the best mate for it, for having a lightweight 88 for driving some of its sounds, is a Yamaha MOX8, which is a good feeling board with lots of controller capability that also happens to have all the Motif XS sounds, some of which I like quite a lot, and I think will also complement the Kronos nicely.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: