Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos 61 just arrived !!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ant.dwrit@googlemail.com

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:58 am    Post subject: Kronos 61 just arrived !! Reply with quote

I hope this is not a sensitive issue with people who have pre-ordered from the likes of Bonners, Digital village etc. but I was checking the sites for availability and came across 'gear4music.com' they were showing yesterday, for 4 July delivery. I paid extra for sat. morning delivery and its just arrived on my doorstep. Time is a bit scarce today as I have friends coming round later for the Haye v klitschko flight. here is my day- unboxing this afternoon and real boxing tonight. anyway on a serious note, gear4music very impressed with them and this is where I shall be buying any future gear.
cheers, Ants.
kron

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats man..!
How much did you pay in total?
ant.dwrit@googlemail.com

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Kron, £2599+£13 for the Saturday delivery. Just finished the first session with it, 90 minutes just flew by. It sounds fantastic and the layout and menus are quite similar to the M3, there's just a hell of a lot more to take in. Would have been playing for hours but have to go out, also friends coming round tonight so it will have to wait till tomorrow.
I managed to sneak it in while the wife was at work, its safely in the back bedroom now with all my other stuff and she never goes in there.
So overall quite a result !!
Ants
panrixx

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ant.dwrit@googlemail.com wrote:
.....I managed to sneak it in while the wife was at work, its safely in the back bedroom now with all my other stuff and she never goes in there.
So overall quite a result !!
Ants

Nice one. Unfortunately, I would not get away with that. My wife pops her head into my room every now and again. As she talks to me I see her eyes 'scanning' to see if there is somethimg in the room she has not seen before Rolling Eyes
cello
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

panrixx wrote:
My wife pops her head into my room every now and again. As she talks to me I see her eyes 'scanning' to see if there is somethimg in the room she has not seen before Rolling Eyes

I think I married your wife's sister! Wink Laughing Shocked
franzlp

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When it comes to your new Kronos you can't be worried about what the wife thinks. You need to be proud and a macho man about it. Very Happy
cello
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

franzlp wrote:
When it comes to your new Kronos you can't be worried about what the wife thinks. You need to be proud and a macho man about it. Very Happy

LOL - that's one approach...

But here's my reality...

Me: "Honey, I'd like to get an OASYS. It's expensive but it's the best there is and our music is going to really benefit from having it in the studio"

Her: "Hmmm, how much?"

Me: "Around £4,000 - I can get it used off eBay."

Her: "What? You're kidding right - for a secondhand keyboard?"

Me: "Well your cello cost a lot more - it's 250 years old; it must be on its 50th owner by now."

Her: "But I earn a living from that"

Me: "Well we can earn more if I get the world's best keyboard. It'll help your career."

Her: "Okay then."

18 months later...

Me: "Honey, I'd like to get a Kronos"

Her: "What's that then?"

Me: "It's the best keyboard currently available"

Her: "No it isn't."

Me: "Don't you start..."

Her: "Well, you told me the OASYS was the best"

Me: "Yes, I did, you're right honey, dear - and it is, was, oh - I don't know. But this is the next generation of the OASYS"

Her: "Well, you don't need it if it's what you've already got - and how much is this?"

Me: "It does a little bit more. About £2,500"

Her: "But that's cheaper than the other one. How come if this Kronos is better?"

Me: "Look, it's complicated. I think it would be a good thing because all the fab work we've done with the OASYS will be doubled by the Kronos"

Her: "Well, sell the OASYS and get the Kronos"

Me: "Not that easy, OASYS prices have gone down because of the Kronos - anyway, it's better to have them both because then our work will be even better - and I love this OASYS! And remember your instrument cost the same as a small house"

Her: "Maybe, but I don't want two of them. Get it if you must, but I am not happy..."

Me: "Would you like a new dress or some new shoes, darling?"

... Laughing Wink Rolling Eyes
Pips

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enjoy, mine arrived last Thursday - just loving it
JimH

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I buy whatever I want because I'm not married. And you guys aren't making me wish I were. Smile
panrixx

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JimH wrote:
I buy whatever I want because I'm not married. And you guys aren't making me wish I were. Smile
There are other benefits Wink
shap

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

panrixx wrote:
JimH wrote:
There are other benefits Wink

Oh, definitely. It's actually much easier to cook for two. Very hard to buy fresh groceries for just one person.
Sonar Producer, everything EastWest
Brian Moore iGuitar+Roland GI-20, Composite Acoustics 6, 12 string guitars, Multiple Ovations from when they were still worth it
Presonus Eureka (2x), TC Helicon VoiceOne
ADAM A7's and JBL 4328Ps, each for its purpose
Border Collies + Misc. Squeaky Toys
panrixx

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that is right. Also, who else would answer the phone/door when you are totally occupied on the Kronos?
shap

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

panrixx wrote:
Also, who else would answer the phone/door when you are totally occupied on the Kronos?

Why the heck would I want to open the door or answer the phone when I know perfectly well that it isn't a KRONOS calling?Laughing
Sonar Producer, everything EastWest
Brian Moore iGuitar+Roland GI-20, Composite Acoustics 6, 12 string guitars, Multiple Ovations from when they were still worth it
Presonus Eureka (2x), TC Helicon VoiceOne
ADAM A7's and JBL 4328Ps, each for its purpose
Border Collies + Misc. Squeaky Toys
Rockitman

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:23 pm    Post subject: wife Reply with quote

I managed to hide the new kronos from my wife for a few days.
I have to admit it arrived at the worst time, when we had a few bills to pay. What surprised me was that when she found out, she wasn't mad.
She does suggest that I have a problem, an addiction to new keyboards.
I didn't try to explain that "this one is different", I just agreed that I probably am a keyboard addict. I added that I could have worse addictions...is there a 12 step program for this?
RonF
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:39 pm    Post subject: Re: wife Reply with quote

Rockitman wrote:
...is there a 12 step program for this?

There IS! Buy 12 new keyboards.....and the 13th one will seem less of a big deal to you! Shocked
Favorite Gear: Kronos 61, M3, Z1, Radias, KPro, KP3, Moog Voyager, Foogers, Virus TI, Jupiter 80, Integra7, GAIA, SPD-30, Kiwi 106, RE-201, MC808, RC505, MV8800, DSI P6 and OB6 and P12, Ensoniq SQ80, EMU MP-7, Eventide H7600, Eclipse, SPACE, Pitchfactor, Timefactor, Looperlative LP-1, Axe FX Ultra, Nord Modular, DSI Tetra, Tempest, PEK, JDXA, Eurorack Modular, Octatrack, MDUW, Monomachine, A4, RYTM, Waldorf Q Phoenix, MWXTk, Blofeld, TR8.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: