Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where's my Kronos 88?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlueLouBoyle

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The wait for the 88 in the UK is killing me!!!
•Yamaha DGX300 (Sigh)

Wishlist:
•Hohner D6
Bruce Lychee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just arrived. Setting up and report back.
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bruce Lychee wrote:
Mine has been sitting at UPS all weekend so I'm dreading the potential carnage that might arrive at my door. I guess I'll find out in a few hours.

Luckily Sweetwater double-boxed the Kronos 88. My outer box has a 12 inch gash in it. Luckily, the interior box seems to only have one small nick in it.

The true test will be if it fires up.

Korg USA Product support -- https://www.korgusa.com/contactus (For fastest service I would suggest calling them on the phone)

Outside the U.S. contact your Korg Country Distributor -- https://www.korg.com/us/corporate/distributors/
phattbuzz
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed that a lot of people are buying their Kronos from Sweetwater. Is there some big advantage that I don't know about? Do they have a deal to get their Korgs before everyone else? I notice that Kraft Music has some package deals that look nice. I don't know of anyone in my local area where I can buy one at the moment, so ordering online is the way to go.
Past Instruments of Construction: Hammond A100 w/Leslie 760, Korg R3, Roland AxSynth, Korg Poly61, Korg M1, Univox MaxiKorg, Korg MS2000, (2) Moog Concertmate MG1, (2) Hammond X5, Rhodes Mark I & 2, Farfisa Compact, Yamaha S08, Casio SK1, Strymon Mobius, Custom Bass Pedals, Burns B3 Theremin.
drchris

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I would say the opposite. SW initially indicated that because of their good relationship that they could get more units quickly, I cancelled last week after I found an 88 at another distributor and was still told that my preorder from late April would arrive in Sept from SW. I think they got overwhelmed.

Chris
EnjoyRC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly though.. if you have good communication with a Sweetwater rep, they are one of the best music hardware dealers around. They stand behind every sale. No Tax. No Shipping. Lifetime tech support. And after you've been working with a rep for a while, I've never been quoted better prices ANYWHERE.

LOL, I sound like a commercial. But, I'm not associated with SW in any way. Just appreciate the way they do business.

Korg (Kronos 88, RK-100S 2), Behringer DeepMind 12, Roland (GAIA, A-800-Pro)
Bruce Lychee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok. Mine arrived from GC unscathed, even though it wasn't double boxed. Fired up just fine although at first audio wasnt coming through the main channels. A reboot fixed that. Don't want to give any premature impressions yet.
donjuancarlos

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I have to say that from a service perspective, Sweetwater is a great way to go.
shap

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drchris wrote:
SW initially indicated that because of their good relationship that they could get more units quickly, I cancelled last week after I found an 88 at another distributor and was still told that my preorder from late April would arrive in Sept from SW. I think they got overwhelmed.

Sweetwater - along with everybody else - took pre-orders before anybody understood how limited the early availability would be. Korg got some units out of the manufacturing line before everything got disrupted and allocated them as they thought best. The large vendors (like SW) got 40 units. I was at #51, which was about "halfway down" the pre-order list. So like you, I set up a back-up order. SW's arrival date kept getting pushed back along with everyone else's. When the time came for SW to process their pre-orders, there were eleven people who couldn't be reached or whose credit card didn't go through. I'm told that the SW's "dropped pre-order" rate for the K-61s was about the same.

Guitar Center and Musician's Friend get their shipments from a common pool. They managed to screw around with their ordering system long enough that nobody did early pre-orders from them. Three weeks ago I was able to set up a pre-order there. I'm told that I'm #24 or #25 for their allotment of 40 units due July 15.

Which is why I'm trying to hand that pre-order off to someone in the Portland area on another thread here on the Forum. So far no takers.

SW wasn't alone. Every other vendor was facing similar issues. Some customers couldn't handle the frustration about arrival dates and withdrew their pre-orders or bought something else. Some did multiple pre-orders and are now falling out of line in unpredictable numbers. Some turned out to be optimistic about their available credit. The end result is that some vendors are ending up with limited inventory after their surviving pre-orders are fulfilled.
Sonar Producer, everything EastWest
Brian Moore iGuitar+Roland GI-20, Composite Acoustics 6, 12 string guitars, Multiple Ovations from when they were still worth it
Presonus Eureka (2x), TC Helicon VoiceOne
ADAM A7's and JBL 4328Ps, each for its purpose
Border Collies + Misc. Squeaky Toys
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phattbuzz wrote:
I noticed that a lot of people are buying their Kronos from Sweetwater. Is there some big advantage that I don't know about?

No. Sweetwater has very knowledgeable Sales Reps and great service (if you need it). There is also the "no sales tax" aspect if you don't live in Indiana.

I normally try to get the cheapest price, which is usually not Sweetwater. However, for big ticket items that I want to ensure there are no hassles if something goes wrong, I will buy with Sweetwater.

Sweetwater is one of the big U.S. dealers, so they usually have items in stock as soon as anyone.

Korg USA Product support -- https://www.korgusa.com/contactus (For fastest service I would suggest calling them on the phone)

Outside the U.S. contact your Korg Country Distributor -- https://www.korg.com/us/corporate/distributors/
jamsire

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EnjoyRC wrote:
panrixx wrote:
Any new K88 owners got any photos to show those who are still waiting?

A couple shots

Very nice my friend. Is there ANY POSSIBLE WAY you can measure the width of the box for me? Just width - I'd really appreciate it.

Congrats on your new purchase.

Jamsire
Bruce Lychee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shap wrote:
drchris wrote:
SW initially indicated that because of their good relationship that they could get more units quickly, I cancelled last week after I found an 88 at another distributor and was still told that my preorder from late April would arrive in Sept from SW. I think they got overwhelmed.

Sweetwater - along with everybody else - took pre-orders before anybody understood how limited the early availability would be. Korg got some units out of the manufacturing line before everything got disrupted and allocated them as they thought best. The large vendors (like SW) got 40 units. I was at #51, which was about "halfway down" the pre-order list. So like you, I set up a back-up order. SW's arrival date kept getting pushed back along with everyone else's. When the time came for SW to process their pre-orders, there were eleven people who couldn't be reached or whose credit card didn't go through. I'm told that the SW's "dropped pre-order" rate for the K-61s was about the same.

Guitar Center and Musician's Friend get their shipments from a common pool. They managed to screw around with their ordering system long enough that nobody did early pre-orders from them. Three weeks ago I was able to set up a pre-order there. I'm told that I'm #24 or #25 for their allotment of 40 units due July 15.

Which is why I'm trying to hand that pre-order off to someone in the Portland area on another thread here on the Forum. So far no takers.

SW wasn't alone. Every other vendor was facing similar issues. Some customers couldn't handle the frustration about arrival dates and withdrew their pre-orders or bought something else. Some did multiple pre-orders and are now falling out of line in unpredictable numbers. Some turned out to be optimistic about their available credit. The end result is that some vendors are ending up with limited inventory after their surviving pre-orders are fulfilled.

I had a preorder with my local GC that wasn't expected until mid-July. When I saw the 15% ad for GC the other day I noticed that the website was saying they were in stock. I called my local GC and they confirmed that some of their stores had them, so they just cancelled my order and had another store ship me one of theirs. I got it today. I paid $3600 total which reflected the max $500 discount given under the 15% coupon.
donjuancarlos

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have also got a preorder that is promised to be on the July 15 shipment. If it happens, I will cancel my Canadian preorder. Have to pay state sales tax and most likely duty to get it into Canada. Last I checked, they were still showing availability for the 15th.
shap

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, well, GC is irritating all around. Not real surprising that they are stocking stores before they ship to customers whose credit cards already have a hold on them, now is it?

shap
Sonar Producer, everything EastWest
Brian Moore iGuitar+Roland GI-20, Composite Acoustics 6, 12 string guitars, Multiple Ovations from when they were still worth it
Presonus Eureka (2x), TC Helicon VoiceOne
ADAM A7's and JBL 4328Ps, each for its purpose
Border Collies + Misc. Squeaky Toys
Bruce Lychee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't figured out how I want to arrange the Virus and GT, but the Kronos is pretty much settled in:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: