Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Saying good bye

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShaunKorg

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:58 pm    Post subject: Saying good bye Reply with quote

Well I'm switching to an Electro.

I love my SV1 for what it is. However, recent changes to our set list mean I need organ tones more than half the time.

I've been thinking about this for a long time now. I will miss weighted keys on the piano tunes. I thought about getting a used Hammond XK1 to mount above my SV1 but I don't want to carry around two boards. I'll make the sacrifice on the keyboard action.

I thought about the new weighted electro too, but I can't afford a brand new board. A deal popped up on a used Electro 3.

Thanks to every one who's interacted here.

My final bit of advice is that the SV1 is awesome when you buy it for WHAT IT IS! It's a compact, stylish, and fairly light weight vintage piano emulator. There are extra sounds like organs and strings to get you through a gig. But, Rhodes, Wurlys and Clavs with a nice keyboard action are what the SV1 is about. And that is the standard it should be judged by.

Lastly, I hope the industry takes a nod from Korg when designing new keyboards. Keyboards are mostly ugly. Guitars are sexy to look at. Vintage keys like organs and pianos were as much furniture as they were instruments so looks mattered. But when digital keyboards started coming out everyone fell into the idea that it can just look like a black plastic rectangle with so many controls it looks more like a computer than a instrument. The world needs sexy looking keyboards so I hope the SV1 is the beginning of a change in that direction.
Hanon_CTS

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:20 pm    Post subject: one for the other? Reply with quote

Hi Shaun,
do you have to sacrifice one for the other?
It seems as if one would complement the other very well, and give you options for rehearsal, or just traveling light.

Possibly at some point use the hammer action keyboard to trigger the piano sounds of the Electro, or like your Hammond idea, be a second manual for the Electro.

Just a thought.

Cheers, Hanon
Thunder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Shaun
You can't trigger organ with weighted action keyboards in a proper way.
Even Clavia has released a shortboard of Nord 3 with weighted keys.
There is never gonna be a jack of all trade keyboard on the makret!
You need an organ!
Chriskk

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
But when digital keyboards started coming out everyone fell into the idea that it can just look like a black plastic rectangle with so many controls it looks more like a computer than a instrument.

Black digital synths are sexy to me. I was never interested in the Trinity, the Triton & the M3 because of their colors.
razeontherock

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Triton Extreme has that dark blue, which is pretty cool. For organs, just get a Korg X5DR and you're good to go. Should be about $125, with the whole memory full of nothing but great organ sounds! It was hard for me to pare those down to have anything else on the X5 ...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG SV-1 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: