Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

UC 59 Random Decay Arp Bass

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:45 pm    Post subject: UC 59 Random Decay Arp Bass Reply with quote

By chance I stumbled on this sound and immediately grasped that this is very useable as the ARP-Bass in Herbie Hancock's "Chameleon".

But the last thing I need for this purpose is random decay.
Is the random factor Karma generated?

Kronos beginner question: how do I get rid of the random decay?
I would like to use this bass with my own filter settings and constant decay.
Ksynth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try lowering the FX Send 1 knob for a quick adjustment?

Adjust realtime knobs / Karma slider that governs the delay amount or FX amount etc

You can copy the whole sound to your own User bank and then adjust that delay then save your own version.
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not delay, but decay Very Happy
I don't see at a glance, where the random factor is generated and how to stop that. Thanks anyway!
burningbusch
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EG - EG1 (FILTER) - LEVEL MODULATION. Turn OFF. Then fool with the envelope to get the proper settings. Probably want to up the filter resonance.

Busch.
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Busch!

I started looking at the LFO page, or search for a moduation matrix for destinations, and then suspected some Karma function.

Still not familiar with the filter settings (compared to Moogs and Access) and general layout of AL-1, but some things are clear at a glance and for the rest the fun to dive in is definitely there! GREAT VA's on board!

I'm a bit frustrated about the Rhodes high range problem at the moment once more.
It seem's the problem is not so much to get rid of unwanted/unnatural bell tone character, but to get the upper range of the Rhodes models to rock, swing and kick. The sustain of well adjusted near-pickup-positions is compeletely missing, and all you get is that weak "pling" sound. First attemps to cure that with some modelled cabinet valve compression failed: I only get some distortion into the "pling" sound, but no substance.

@Dan
These Rhodes are simply the best up to the middle range, but I think both in the sample base and in the modelling something should be updated to get a real kicking Rhodes in the upper range (all three models). The Clavias, which have quite a dead tone due to small samples, are clearly better in this area, delivering the real upper punch and kick for soloing, as are the Scarbees and of course a well adjusted real Rhodes. A Rhodes just MUST be able to bark and shout in the upper range (with only the very high tones "plinging").

Not meant bad or agressive in any way, just sincere feedback with a faint hope to be heard. Smile
And if you only added a dry "kick butt" Mk I to this engine, at any time in the future, I would already be more than happy. It is not easy to do dynamic soloing with the present dry tones (you have to add modulation effects to make this charateristic forgotten at least a bit): you always end up with sounding a bit like a music box, and that just ain't cool.

All in all the Kronos is by far(!) the best muti-purpose-board I have EVER played in my life.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: