Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Digital recordin

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Sequencers / Audio recording packages.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kardo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:49 pm    Post subject: Digital recordin Reply with quote

hi guys can somebody tell me how to record audio from pa2x pro digital output using SPDIF cable?
i have connected it to my soundcard and i can hear evrything from my monitors but i cant record anything of what i play in cubase..
Pepperpotty

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kardo,

Firstly, have you checked to make sure that you have the line in set up for recording? You can do this by right clickling on the volume icon on the bottom right hand side of your screen. Select recording devices and make sure that line in is enabled for recording as well as playback.

Secondly, do you know what sound card you have installed in your pc and can you view it in Cubase?

Go to devices - device setup. - VST audio system. Can you see your soundcard listed there? Cubase doesn't work with all soundcards, particularly integrated ones. I use an audio interface with mine but I'm aware of the problem as it means that I can't monitor my mixes through my pc speakers. I have to monitor it through the interface.

I'm not really an expert with Cubase, I got it free with my interface and don't really use it and I find that the free version seems to be a bit buggy. If you want some some software that you can use to plug in your instrument straight in to your soundcard try Music Creator 5. It's what I use (with my audio interface) but I've also tried it by plugging my guitar and keyboard straight in to the soundcard and it works fine. And it's only about £35 and it's pretty user friendly.

Or, if you want to use Cubase, I would definitely recommend an audio interface as the best way to record.
kardo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i use saffire le which its an audio soundcard but it has digital output and input too...i always record like analog " i think its name like that" but this time i bought an digital cabel and connected it to my sound card and i removed the audio cabel...i used only the digital cabel...i could hear evrytihg i play in my keyboard...but i know how to record what i play on the keyboard?
sorry that i cant explain better cause of my bad english
Pepperpotty

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like you just need to set up the new line in. You were previously using an analogue line in to input 1 for example so input 1 is set to record. So now you are using input 2 with your new digital cable. You need to tell your computer to record from input 2.

The fact that you're hearing it through your speakers shows that this is a problem with the recording side of things. Did you check in device setup that the correct line in is selected?
kardo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i checked in device setup and its only input 1 and 2 are active for the output left and right in my keyboard...but i removed them both...and i use now only the digital cable but i cant find the digital input in the device setup in cubase...i dont know what it gonna name ..but i could not find anything about it
Pepperpotty

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out this youtube clip which shows you how to correctly configure Cubase to work with your soundcard.

You should be selecting the ASIO Saffire option on the VST audio system page and then selecting inputs 5 and 6 for your SPDIF cable.

Heres the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWK6s2uHuKg
kardo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you very much bro
it works perfect now Smile
Pepperpotty

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome. Glad you got it sorted.

I'm not a bro by the way. I'm a sis. Smile
kardo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry Embarassed Very Happy
Pepperpotty

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think quite a few people on here assume I'm a guy. Maybe I should have picked a girlie user name. I don't think that there are too many girls on the forum as it does tend to be men that are more in to digital music and computers and such Smile
Charley Brown

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alland:

Thank you for your advice. You have been very helpful. The 'Forum' is a treasure.

Thanks again ~ Charley Brown
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Sequencers / Audio recording packages. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: