Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Initial Impressions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mjmclendon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:43 pm    Post subject: Initial Impressions Reply with quote

Had the Kronos for a few days now. Retired a Roland X to get this workstation. For a new Korg owner like me, the manual is a necessity to navigate the essentials.

However, after a little study, it is easy to capture a quick idea in the Sequencer and save it on the local disk or external USB memory.

Cannot edit the sequencer results very easily though, as there is no piano roll or other visual aid. Looks like a lot of little dots on the screen! Sample editing has no index counter so you do not know where you are when listening to the sample. My instinct is that sample editting would have used the touch screen interface to select and audition sample segments of interest. So bottom line is that song editing is not easy on this feature release. Integrating samples with sequences in the editor is not gonna be fun I bet.

Transferring data between my computer and the Kronos is via sneaker net using USB Flash Memory sticks! Can this be right in 2011? I may be missing something here... I'll keep reading.

The keys feel great and the sounds are incredible. I like it a lot. Roland was bad about firmware and feature updates. Here's hoping that Korg is interested in continued feature development on this platform.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: