Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sequencer, end of song/stopping song, "note off" q

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Knightshift

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:29 pm    Post subject: Sequencer, end of song/stopping song, "note off" q Reply with quote

Hi, when reaching the end of a song/when stopping the sequence manually, the sequencer seems to send a all notes off msg on all midi chanels. This consequently also affects the notes played on the keyboard itself. Is there a way a sound played on the keys can continue to sound even if the sequence stops?
RonF
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My advice would be to add blank measures to the end of your sequence, to run the full length of your performance, so you can continue to play the keybed without interruption or glitch. The sequencer, while running, is the mater tempo and clock for the entire Kronos system. Stopping it, is likely to create an audio glitch, while the sequencer tempo track surrenders back to the global clock, so to speak. My guess would be, from a design perspective, that this is part of why it generates a All Notes Off command on STOP. Depending on what patch you are playing on the keybed (especially if it has any tempo parameter mapping, such as an LFO, step sequence, KARMA, etc...) you are likely to hear it, in an non-musical way. JMHO.
Favorite Gear: Kronos 61, M3, Z1, Radias, KPro, KP3, Moog Voyager, Foogers, Virus TI, Jupiter 80, Integra7, GAIA, SPD-30, Kiwi 106, RE-201, MC808, RC505, MV8800, DSI P6 and OB6 and P12, Ensoniq SQ80, EMU MP-7, Eventide H7600, Eclipse, SPACE, Pitchfactor, Timefactor, Looperlative LP-1, Axe FX Ultra, Nord Modular, DSI Tetra, Tempest, PEK, JDXA, Eurorack Modular, Octatrack, MDUW, Monomachine, A4, RYTM, Waldorf Q Phoenix, MWXTk, Blofeld, TR8.
Shakil
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about using PAUSE instead of STOP?
Knightshift

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great suggestions, I'll try both of them to see which works best for me. At the moment I have set the song legth exactly to the end of each song, so the STOP happens automatically. For both solutions I have to add some measures at the end of the songs (and I work for 95% in with sequnces on KRONOS, so there is some work for me to do). I'll post my impressions as soon as possible.
Thx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: