Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PX5D Song updater quirks, can't loop own midifiles perfectly

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Guitar Effects and Tuners
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MatsEriksson

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:14 pm    Post subject: PX5D Song updater quirks, can't loop own midifiles perfectly Reply with quote

Hi all. Tried to post this hidden in another thread but no reply as of yet, so Ill post it here, to see if it will wake up anyone, having the same issues.

-----------

I have used - or tried to use - the songdupdater for a while now. I was able to create a decent backing track in BandInABox that were within the limitations of how large and which format a MIDI file can be for Px5d to handle. It all sounds ok, and loads into the PX5d well.

BUT! there's no way in h*** theres a chance to make it loop around in perfect tempo! No matter what I do. SMF format 0 or 1, PPQ 480 or less, midi this or midifile that. Doesn't matter. I've spent weeks on this. The factory preset files does this without skipping or adding the slightest beat.

Regardless of MIDI editor that I use. Cubase, Acid, Cakewalk, you name it.

Even when I do a "re-save" those default files under different name (to not overwrite original ones) they perform flawlessly, if there should be anything hidden that a save adds to a file to make it perform "unloop". I've tried most things, editing of events, and checked all system exclusive things and so on. It sounds like the Pandora - when it starts the cycle again - tried to "load" something, say patches or anything. There's and audible skip, that makes you play a 16th shorter, regardless of 48ppq or 480 ppq.

Any ideas?

I want my own songs to loop around without missing a beat, just like the regular default ones of Korgs own songs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Guitar Effects and Tuners All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: