Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

EV5 Expression Pedal for Wah effects

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:55 pm    Post subject: EV5 Expression Pedal for Wah effects Reply with quote

I still have a Roland EV-5 expression pedal. I would like to use it as Wah Wah pedal, especially for Kronos EPs. Any Oasys or Kronos user around here who

a) knows if there are any compatibility issues between the EV5 and Korg gear
b) can tell me in a few keywords how to program an EP patch with Wah effect for use with the expression pedal.

I ask because it is much faster to accomplish after getting an aswer from someone with experience than to work your way through parameter guides from scratch - where I read a lot of stuff these days anyway. Razz

Last edited by jimknopf on Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no idea on the EV-5 but I use an expression pedal for WAH effects (I use a Yamaha FC-7). It's a piece of cake. Set up one of the WAH effects as an insert effect and you assign the Expression pedal to it.
Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that was incredibly easy: no parameter guide needed.
Note: the EV-5 knob setting has to be set to 0 to work properly.

1. Global -> Controllers/Scales ->Foot Pedal assign ->cc#04

2. In the EPiano EXi you have the choice between the two most important Vox Wahs 847 and 848 (I most times prefer 847 for Rhodes sounds).
Set the mode to Pedal Wah and the source to foot pedal,
and then tweak pedal manual, open and close values.

or
2. In HD-1 programs you put the St. Vintage/Custom Wah into an active insert, set Sweep mode to Dmod and then again assign source to foot Pedal.
Then tweak away, beginning with the "Custom Suitcase EP" Preset as a good starting point.
New88KEYS

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McHale wrote:
no idea on the EV-5 but I use an expression pedal for WAH effects (I use a Yamaha FC-7). It's a piece of cake. Set up one of the WAH effects as an insert effect and you assign the Expression pedal to it.

I have the FC -7 too but can't get it to work under the global settings. Is is possible or do I hAve to do what u said for ea . organ program?. Am new to Korg. Hope u can clarify

Better yet, can please provide step by step instructions
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: