Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Resample from sequence play

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tomd

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:58 am    Post subject: Resample from sequence play Reply with quote

I have searched for specifics in both the oper guide and param guide but the info is vague at least to me. I've tried doing it myself but with no results.

What I am trying to do is bounce portions of some of my midi tracks (not the whole song and not all tracks) into audio tracks to free up the midi for both polyphony and more fx. (I am really trying to do everything in the Kronos rather than Kronos and my DAW).

I'm pretty sure the Kronos can do this and I'll probably feel real stupid when I find out how to do it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Mike Conway
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is an old video I did, but the concepts can be applied to what you are doing. Instead of using multiple song slots, you can do what you need on one song.

Multiple Combi Recording

Please note, at the 5:55 mark I talk about turning other track levels down. If you are recording through the L/R outs, like in the video, then this is how you will isolate the tracks you want recorded. Turn the Metronome level down or off, also.

There are other ways to route a track. If you aren't using the Master or Total FX, you can route after your IFX to a Record Bus (1 - 4) and set the Audio track source to the corresponding record bus. This will record the sound and the IFX. on the IFX tab, if effects are Chained, go to the last effect in the chain and set its output bus to one or two (if in stereo) of the Record busses.
tomd

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Your video was very helpful. I guess I'm more of a visual person and seeing it done makes much more sense to me than reading it in the manuals.
Tom
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: