Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sustain pedal with external keyboard

View previous topic :: View next topic  
amosdef

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:48 pm    Post subject: Sustain pedal with external keyboard Reply with quote

I'm trying to set up a combi that uses both the Kronos (61) and an 88 key keyboard. When I set up the external keyboard on a separate midi channel, I cannot get use the sustain pedal that's hooked up to the Kronos. When it's set to midi channel 1(g), it works, but I need to have sounds play individually on each keyboard. My Alesis Fusion had an option for enabling the internal keyboard as well as an external midi keyboard for each sound, which allowed me to use one sustain pedal and one midi channel for both keyboards. I really don't want to have to have another sustain pedal connected to the external keyboard for this to work. Any help is greatly appreciated.
sani

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately (for whatever reason), the sustain pedal hooked on a Kronos will work only on the global channel. If you want to sustain notes played from the additional keyboard, you have to put a pedal on it to.
theshinenz

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My sustain works fine in a combi, if you want it to work all you have to do is set a channel to the midi channel of your external keyboard, as an example lets say its on channel 2, set channel two to EXT or EXT2 then in the timbre zones page set the keyzone to c-1 bottom and c-1 top then it won't actually make any sound on the kronos but will send the sustain or any other midi command to channel 2....waaalaaa.
amosdef

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried this, but I may not be understanding your setup. For instance, I'm looking to have let's say a string sound on the Kronos (top keyboard) and a piano sound on the bottom keyboard (set to midi channel 2) I would like the sustain pedal to work for both sounds when pressed. If I don't want the sound to sustain, I will use the midi filter settings to disable it. Basically, I was hoping for a way to get sustain on all channels globally with one pedal. If I hook it up to the bottom keyboard it works on midi channel 2 only. If I hook it up to the Kronos, it works on midi channel 1g only. If there's a way around this with your method, please let me know. Thanks.

If not, this should be considered in any upcoming software updates, as I find it very useful when setting up combis to share the sustain pedal over many channels/keyboards

theshinenz wrote:
My sustain works fine in a combi, if you want it to work all you have to do is set a channel to the midi channel of your external keyboard, as an example lets say its on channel 2, set channel two to EXT or EXT2 then in the timbre zones page set the keyzone to c-1 bottom and c-1 top then it won't actually make any sound on the kronos but will send the sustain or any other midi command to channel 2....waaalaaa.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: