Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KRONOS OWNERS :-) Are you Stage or Studio based?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

What do you / will you use your Kronos for?
Only on stage / live. Never in a studio.
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
Only in a studio. Never live.
38%
 38%  [ 24 ]
Mostly live. Some studio.
25%
 25%  [ 16 ]
Mostly studio. Some live.
20%
 20%  [ 13 ]
Roughly the same, Live and Studio.
12%
 12%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 63

iixorbiusii

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:31 am    Post subject: KRONOS OWNERS :-) Are you Stage or Studio based? Reply with quote

I wonder what Kronos owners are doing with their Kron-i?
Personally, I never play live and only work in a 'studio'. Therefore for me, the flexibility of software synths is ever more attractive a proposition.
However, I can see that if I was a live musician, the reliability of a workstation or proper synthesizer cannot be beaten at this moment in time.

I'm not voting though because I don't have a Kronos!
Cheers.
iix.
drchris

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have also been a soft synth guy for a while, but the Kronos is changing that for me. I bought it thinking it would primarily be a studio board for me and that I would continue playing live with my soft synth setup. The Kronos is simply so much more flexible and expressive that it has become my main board for both studio and live play.

Thanks for the question, I'll enjoy reading other responses!
Chris
PinkFloydDudi

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:08 pm    Post subject: Re: KRONOS OWNERS :-) Are you Stage or Studio based? Reply with quote

iixorbiusii wrote:
I wonder what Kronos owners are doing with their Kron-i?

"Kronoi" I believe some latin-knowing person stated...lol.

I don't have my 73 yet, but do have it pre-ordered and will be mostly using it live with some "home-studio" use here and there.
hazabikit

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:53 pm    Post subject: Re: KRONOS OWNERS :-) Are you Stage or Studio based? Reply with quote

PinkFloydDudi wrote:

Actually, it's Greek...
iixorbiusii

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:19 pm    Post subject: Re: KRONOS OWNERS :-) Are you Stage or Studio based? Reply with quote

hazabikit wrote:
PinkFloydDudi wrote:

Actually, it's Greek...

Laughing It'd be interesting to hear from Korg themselves, as to what the plural of Kronos should be !! I am sure they discuss things like "how many Kronos' / Kronoses / Kronoi / Kronos's" they need to sell this month! It must be in their lexicon somewhere Very Happy
PinkFloydDudi

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:36 pm    Post subject: Re: KRONOS OWNERS :-) Are you Stage or Studio based? Reply with quote

hazabikit wrote:
PinkFloydDudi wrote:

Actually, it's Greek...

Consider me corrected! Laughing
JPWC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since it just a Name and not truely a species,

would it actually be; "how many of the Kronos have we sold?", " we just recieve 15 of the Kronos instock." Laughing

And by the way, while the keyboard is not Greek, but the Parameter guide is definetly "Greek" to me.
Kronos-6, Krome, M3, Radias, KingKorg, microKorg, KP-2, KP-3, KO-1, KO-1 PRO, Karma, microX, monotron, monotribe, PadCONTROL, Wavedrum Mini, Volca Keys, Beats, Bass, Sample, monotron Duo & Delay, microArranger, M1, Wavestation, Volca Sample, Keys, Beats & Bass, MS-20

JD-XA, JD-Xi, Aira (system 1, TB3, TR8, MX-1), Prophet 12, Mopho X4, Jupiter-80, FA-06, D50, CS1x, CZ101, DX200, AN200, analogFOUR, MachineDrum, MonoMachine, Motif XF6, Virus Snow, Nord Lead 2X, OP-1, MFOS, Tenori-on, QY100, QY70, meeblip se, miniBrute, microBrute, Bass Station 2
madbeatzyo111

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:54 pm    Post subject: Re: KRONOS OWNERS :-) Are you Stage or Studio based? Reply with quote

iixorbiusii wrote:

Laughing It'd be interesting to hear from Korg themselves, as to what the plural of Kronos should be !! I am sure they discuss things like "how many Kronos' / Kronoses / Kronoi / Kronos's" they need to sell this month! It must be in their lexicon somewhere Very Happy

In my mind, both the singular and plural forms are one and the same, much like the word moose.

To wit:
    One Kronos
    Two Kronos
    Many Kronos
RichF

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest, I'm still up in the air on the pluralization. Sometimes it's Kronii, sometimes it Kronoses, sometimes it's Kronos, sometimes it's "Kronos units."

In general, I try to talk about only one of them at a time to avoid confusion. Smile

-Rich
cello
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Collective noun for a group users of the Korg Kronos must be Kronies! (ie Cronies) Laughing LOL

Edited to add that I voted studio only!

Last edited by cello on Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RichF wrote:
To be honest, I'm still up in the air on the pluralization. Sometimes it's Kronii, sometimes it Kronoses, sometimes it's Kronos, sometimes it's "Kronos units."

In general, I try to talk about only one of them at a time to avoid confusion. Smile

-Rich

Hope not to to sound like some smart alec, but I happen to know old Greek, and there the plural of masculine words with -os at the end is -oi. So the correct plural would be "Kronoi".

Call it like you like Laughing
RichF

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not smart alecy at all... I don't speak a word of Greek (well, I guess one word), so that's helpful for me. Smile
felsineus

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also remember a little of ancient greek. O' Krónos, oi Krónoi... yes, but so you change alphabet (from greek to latin) in a funny way... word Kronoi is english spoken "kronee" in modern greek... and "kroh-noh-ee" in ancient greek...well, we think, we can not be sure... so, better kroni? No! Kronos is a God, he is One... We can have many Kronos, If Kronos want.... We can have many Kronos, If Kronos want.
Sina172
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Sina172 on Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Subpar

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RichF wrote:

-Rich

Freakin hillarious!!!

Laughing

Dustin
Aka Subpar
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: