Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Have fun with the Kronos

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:37 am    Post subject: Have fun with the Kronos Reply with quote

I will use my time now to explore the Kronos and get into it's programming fast, and make some music. So I won't post here for a while. I guess it might be more fun posting in this board later on, when more posters own and play a Kronos, and are ready to exchange some substantial stuff about THAT here.

Of course anybody is free to use a forum like this for all kinds of smalltalk and chatter, including silly amounts of superficial JP-80 discussions and whatnot. Laughing

But Akos reminded me that I have a choice too, like not to spend my time like that, and rather concentrate on essentials. Thanks for some nice help from some, making my learning curve a little less steep, and I wish all of you a lot of fun with the Kronos, now or later!
aron
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have fun Jim, will miss your posts!
RonF
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aron wrote:
Have fun Jim, will miss your posts!

um....really! Ditto! I hope its not for too long, Jim. Touch base and stay connected!
Favorite Gear: Kronos 61, M3, Z1, Radias, KPro, KP3, Moog Voyager, Foogers, Virus TI, Jupiter 80, Integra7, GAIA, SPD-30, Kiwi 106, RE-201, MC808, RC505, MV8800, DSI P6 and OB6 and P12, Ensoniq SQ80, EMU MP-7, Eventide H7600, Eclipse, SPACE, Pitchfactor, Timefactor, Looperlative LP-1, Axe FX Ultra, Nord Modular, DSI Tetra, Tempest, PEK, JDXA, Eurorack Modular, Octatrack, MDUW, Monomachine, A4, RYTM, Waldorf Q Phoenix, MWXTk, Blofeld, TR8.
JPWC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of luck,

I gave up on the RolandClan, when all the discussion about the Fantom G turned into compliants or whines. Interestingly enough I returned in the last few days, they are now getting bombarded by jewelry sales (?).

The postings here concerning the JP80, PC3 or Motif XF are generally very fair and subjective and show these instruments in a good light. I really enjoy this.

Korgforums gets an excellent, A+ rating in my book.

Maybe the reason there doesn't seem to be a lot of content concerning the Kronos operations is because Korg has done a good job, Great Operating System, Easy to understand User interface, and the best manual set in the business.

The biggest problem with the Kronos has been the lack of it.

So there again, good luck, but don't expect much more when you come back.

I would love to read about peoples development of workflows on the Kronos. I am slowly developing mine.

Oh, and don't tell Roland but I think the JP80 discussions here have sold more JP80's than their own site/videos or even RolandClan. (I can say this forum has put the JP80 on my short list, just need the funds.)
Kronos-6, Krome, M3, Radias, KingKorg, microKorg, KP-2, KP-3, KO-1, KO-1 PRO, Karma, microX, monotron, monotribe, PadCONTROL, Wavedrum Mini, Volca Keys, Beats, Bass, Sample, monotron Duo & Delay, microArranger, M1, Wavestation, Volca Sample, Keys, Beats & Bass, MS-20

JD-XA, JD-Xi, Aira (system 1, TB3, TR8, MX-1), Prophet 12, Mopho X4, Jupiter-80, FA-06, D50, CS1x, CZ101, DX200, AN200, analogFOUR, MachineDrum, MonoMachine, Motif XF6, Virus Snow, Nord Lead 2X, OP-1, MFOS, Tenori-on, QY100, QY70, meeblip se, miniBrute, microBrute, Bass Station 2

Last edited by JPWC on Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:17 am; edited 1 time in total
aron
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah one would think there are a ton of people here with the Jupiter but last I saw there were only 2.
synthguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would LOVE to be able to afford a Kronos, Jupiter-80 and Motif XF, but I have to pick my addictions as I can afford them. And unless I can sell off a few things, it's going to be a while before I can afford my Kronos.

Have fun, Jim, and let us know how your desert island experience is going! I hope to be joining with my own adventures in a month or so. Very Happy
madbeatzyo111

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim, make some good music and come back and show it off!

Also, I hope you will be able to enjoy the irony that this thread will probably become another JP80 discussion. The Jupiter will follow you around wherever you go until you get one, don't fight it anymore!!! Razz
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim, enjoy the Kronos!

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
EvilDragon
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enjoy it! Post soundbites and experiences, at least! Smile
Rocness

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:56 am    Post subject: Re: Have fun with the Kronos Reply with quote

jimknopf wrote:
I will use my time now to explore the Kronos and get into it's programming fast, and make some music. So I won't post here for a while. I guess it might be more fun posting in this board later on, when more posters own and play a Kronos, and are ready to exchange some substantial stuff about THAT here.

Of course anybody is free to use a forum like this for all kinds of smalltalk and chatter, including silly amounts of superficial JP-80 discussions and whatnot. Laughing

But Akos reminded me that I have a choice too, like not to spend my time like that, and rather concentrate on essentials. Thanks for some nice help from some, making my learning curve a little less steep, and I wish all of you a lot of fun with the Kronos, now or later!

Waite a minute I thought you where leaving , that was quick because you came right back complaining aging about JP-80 . Ozy may have done crazy stuff but he never did what you just did .
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I changed my mind to a certain degree: you are completely correct in noticing this. Laughing

The one thing that disturbed me most and became the final cause for retiring from here were the constant JP-80 offtopics, as you know very well from other threads. And the final one provoked my reaction after retiring, yes.

After these threads have moved to the proper places I can live much better with the normal level of casual asides in here. I will still concentrate on making music and work my way into the Kronos, just as I said, and post here much less than I did before, for a while.

I hope that is a small consolation for you, even if you now don't get rid of me completely. Wink
Having clarified my point of view, I won't answer further ad personams concerning this. Back to the Kronos.

Do you own or plan to buy one?
I'm looking forward to see your valuable on topic contributions!
Rocness

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimknopf wrote:
Yes, I changed my mind to a certain degree: you are completely correct in noticing this. Laughing

The one thing that disturbed me most and became the final cause for retiring from here were the constant JP-80 offtopics, as you know very well from other threads. And the final one provoked my reaction after retiring, yes.

After these threads have moved to the proper places I can live much better with the normal level of casual asides in here. I will still concentrate on making music and work my way into the Kronos, just as I said, and post here much less than I did before, for a while.

I hope that is a small consolation for you, even if you now don't get rid of me completely. Wink
Having clarified my point of view, I won't answer further ad personams concerning this. Back to the Kronos.

Do you own or plan to buy one?
I'm looking forward to your valuable on topic contributions!

Jim I have an Oasys , so I do understand your love for the Kronos especially the beautiful SGX-1 and EP-1 that the Oasys didn't get yet .
The Kronos is really a hard value to beat .The beautiful electric piano alone may be worth the price so enjoy it . KARMA is also an amazing tool to have at the push of a button . It takes some time to get use to .

Here's a little tip I learnt with Karma , go to the time signature and change it around you can get some interesting different results . Also research random seeds in karma it can help you get more predictable results like a traditional arpeggiator .
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much for the Karma tip! The learning curve for the rest was and still is so steep for me, that I need more time to get to Karma finally. But I'm certainly willing to do so.

Yes, the EPs are gorgeous, and I have spent and will spend time programming some useful variations. Will put them online casually.
ScoobyDoo555
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got to admit - I'm in the same boat. I've become a bit more of a lurker (when I've got time to surf, that is).

Dan
Yamaha SY77 & KX88, SSL Nucleus, Korg Kronos 61, Wavestation A/D, Access Virus B, Roland XP30, DeepMind12D, System 1m, V-Synth XT, Focusrite Red16Line, Unitor 8, Akai S3000 XL, Alesis Quadraverb+, Focal Shape Twins, Full fat iMac, Logic Pro X, ProTools 2021, loadsa plugins.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: