Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PCG Tools for Kronos(X), Krome, Oasys,M3/M50,Tritons, ...
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 59, 60, 61  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:35 pm    Post subject: PCG Tools for Kronos(X), Krome, Oasys,M3/M50,Tritons, ... Reply with quote

PCG TOOLS
This FREE Windows (or Mac with VMWare Fusion) application can read Korg PCG (and more types) and SNG files from various Korg synthesizers and models.

It is an application for managing programs, combis and set list slots and can be used as an offline librarian and list generator (and more).

You can download it for free at: http://pcgtools.mkspace.nl
[/url]Supported models:
- Korg Kronos (X)
- Korg Oasys
- Korg Krome
- Korg M3 (including Radias board)
- Korg M50
- Korg Triton Extreme (including MOSS board)
- Korg Triton Classic
- Korg Triton Rack
- Korg Triton Studio
- Korg Triton LE
- Korg TR
- Korg Karma
- Korg Trinity V1, V2, V3 (including Solo/Moss board)
- Korg Trinity
- Korg TR-Rack
- Korg microSTATION
- Korg microKORG
- Korg microKORG XL
- Korg microKORG XL Plus
- Korg MS2000
- Korg 01/W
- Korg 01/W FD
- Korg 01/W pro
- Korg 01/W pro X
- Korg 01R/W
- Korg 03R/W
- Korg M1
- Korg M1R
- Korg M1EX
- Korg M1R-EX
- Korg M3R
- Korg T1
- Korg T1EX
- Korg T2
- Korg T2EX
- Korg T3
- Korg T3EX
- Korg Z1
- Korg Z1EX

DISCLAIMER
I am not responsible for corrupt PCGs. Therefore, always make a backup first and test regularly. I do not own all models so testing has been very limited.

I am not responsible for the content of the PCGs being used with the application.

COPYRIGHT
PCG Tools is a free application, however the executable and the source code may never be used for commercial reasons.
Also the application may not be spread except by the developer. It may not be uploaded to web sites, peer to peer networks, spread by email or by other means without permission of the developer.

The reason for this, is that the developer maintains a list of people who are using PCG Tools and when a new update is available, it will be send to everybody on this update list, to make sure everybody always receives the latest version.

This application is not affiliated by Korg, so requests, bugs, wishes, questions etc. should be directed to michel.keijzers@hotmail or being posted on the main PCG Tools thread (this thread).

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/

Last edited by michelkeijzers on Mon May 05, 2014 9:25 pm; edited 45 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:36 pm    Post subject: Versions Reply with quote

The history list is part of the manual from version 1.6.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/

Last edited by michelkeijzers on Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:18 pm; edited 39 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:37 pm    Post subject: Installation and How to Start Reply with quote

(FOR FUTURE USAGE)

Last edited by michelkeijzers on Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:57 pm; edited 5 times in total
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know why there is no X/DELETE Option, i will ask some of the Mods
or if they see this to Delete this post.

Last edited by BasariStudios on Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:32 am; edited 1 time in total
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:37 pm    Post subject: Future ideas Reply with quote

The wish list is removed and will be part of the manual from version 1.6.

Last edited by michelkeijzers on Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:08 pm; edited 74 times in total
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:39 pm    Post subject: Known Issues List Reply with quote

The known issue list will be part of the manual from version 1.6.

Last edited by michelkeijzers on Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:09 pm; edited 27 times in total
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FOR FUTURE USAGE

Last edited by michelkeijzers on Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:59 pm; edited 7 times in total
Rosen Sound
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(for future purposes)

Current gear: Korg Kronos 61, Oberheim OB-8, Alesis Vortex
Past Gear: Triton Extreme w/moss & ram, Korg Radias, Kurzweil Micropiano, Triton classic, & Karma
Come visit my Burbank California repair shop/recording studio! Rosensound.com
And my band: Sirion.us.com
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basaristudios: no problem at all ... it's good that you are keeping a look on (strange) messages in the forum. I also with there was a way to insert a message.

Update report: currently I'm busy with making support for the Korg Triton Extreme. It's for selfish reasons lol ... since I have that one myself. But of course I will make it public when ready.

I will probably have limited time the next 3 weeks occasionaly (vacation/having visits from abroad) but in a month or a bit more I hope to have support for
- Korg Kronos (already finished)
- Korg Oasys (already finished)
- Korg Triton Extreme (busy with it and looking good)
- Korg Triton Studio (will not be difficult after the TEX support)
- Korg Triton LE (idem)
- Korg Triton (idem)
- Korg Triton Rack (idem
- Korg Karma v1/v2 (probably also not difficult)
- Korg M50 (will be more work, but I have one myself so that helps)
- Korg M3 (hopefully not too difficult after finishing the M50).

After this it will be time for new features.

Keep you posted and have a good time,

Michel

McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds great! I can test on the Triton, M50, M3, and Kronos...
Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks very much ... I will do tests on my Triton Extreme and M50 first, for the Triton and M3 I can use any help.

michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:50 am    Post subject: permofryed Reply with quote

permofryed made me aware of some (partial) Kronos files that could not be read by my app, thanks for that.

Also I want to make some improvements in the user interface and a manual. Because I have visit and vacation during the next weeks I have very limited time. but I promise to spend some time to make fixes and improvements available within about 4 weeks from now.

If people encounter problems please let me know and I will address them.

michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a very simple idea to check if patches are more or less the same: by checking the (byte) content of one program to another I might add a feature to find identical or more or less identical patches in a PCG. Would anybody be interested in this?

Con: of course it matters a lot if a waveform changes or just a controller value.

SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be awesome to quickly see if patches are "similar", but I'm afraid you're right and would need a much more sophisticated check for that to work with usable results. Even if you check if the waveforms used are the same, the envelopes and filters could make a huge difference, and then again some waveforms are quite similar so having different waveforms doesn't mean the patches will sound very different.

In the end, the Korg-created categories work quite well, and otherwise some reorganizing by ear.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sander, yes you are completely right in that.

In that case, I think I will stick to check if there are really identical patches (programs/combis) in a PCG. And I could add some value that can be filled in to allow how many bytes a patch may differ to be shown.

E.g.:

0 difference
I-A000 Piano 1
I-G123 Piano X
I-G126 Copy of Piano X

0 difference
I-B123 Brass
I-G123 Brass m

1 difference
I-G054 Guitar
U-G123 Guitar Changed

When there are differences, people can themself check how similar they really are by listening.

But this way you can find easily patches that are only changed in a few values, and thus probably be used for moderating by either yourself or others.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 59, 60, 61  Next
Page 1 of 61

Jump to: