Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PCG Tools for Kronos(X), Krome, Oasys,M3/M50,Tritons, ...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 59, 60, 61  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just received a PM that the software runs fine with Mac OSX 10.6.6 running Windows 7 within VMware Fusion. Probably it works with almost any Mac running at least Windows XP too.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next item I am programming is XML output.
Just because it is quite easy. Estimated delivery time: weekend.

After that it will be support for other models or command line interface.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

0.1.5.62 14-Aug-2011
Feature: All lists can be generated in XML format.
Improv: Output file can be set (and opened by connected application)
Improv: Screen layout changed.
Bug fix: CSV File format improved (can handle commas in names of patches)
Bug fix: If the PCG file cannot be read, the app does not crash but gives a message box.

I also spent time for making a command line interface (passing arguments instead of a GUI), but this cannot be published on the usual way. If somebody wants that version, please let me know and I will send it.

michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:43 pm    Post subject: New update Reply with quote

And it is time for another update. This time as promised something for everybody (not supporting more synth models this time).

This time differences lists are added. Some fragments look as follows:

Code:

Program I-A074
 6 Diffs: U-E062
Program U-A000
 6 Diffs: U-A001
 7 Diffs: U-A002
Set List Slot 000/024
 4 Diffs: 000/027
 8 Diffs: 000/025
 25 Diffs: 000/029
Set List Slot 000/030
 24 Diffs: 000/031

This list shows for every program, combi and set list their similar patches. You can define how many bytes a patch should differ maximally and you can select to ignore patch names and ignore descriptions (for set list slots). Of course most usual options apply (like selecting which program, combi banks and set lists to take into account) and output is in text, CSV or XML.

Some ideas to use this lists for:
- you have once copied programs or combis but you are forgotten where you copied them from (or you want to have a list of them)
- you can check if someone just copied patches with small differences or if it are real new patches
- you want to know which patches are equal or similar.

However, take into account that one byte difference can make a very big difference, it depends on the parameter but this is almost impossible to automate.

0.1.6.64 18-Aug-2001
Feature: Differences List.
Improv: Changed parameters in command line interface.

michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next update will be a feature that is NOT about generating lists: it is a mini-editor to edit the names of programs, combis and set list names including the 512 character set list slot descriptions.

panrixx

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent Smile
Kevin Nolan
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michel -

Firstly - congratulations, and thank you, for an excellent utility.

Excuse me if this has been asked elsewhere - can this utility be used to manage PGC files on computer. Specifically - it'd be a massive organisation and time saver if programs from one PCG file could be dragged-and-dropped into another PCG file. It would allow us to build and manage out personally Kronos / OASYS libraries on or MAC / PC.

This would be a huge time save, and a save on wear-and-tear on the synth buttons in particular (for those of us how manage out instruments and reconfigure them quite a lot).

There's a 3rd utility called xfactory for Yamaha synths (I use it for my EX5) and it's astounding - I can literally create EX5 files on my computer by dragging and dropping programs from various EX5 libraries and create my own new libraries according to my needs - it has revolutionised the way I use the instrument.

Is there any way you could see fit to develop that - even for a fee per purchase of the software.

Alternatively - does anyone know of another utility that can do this (or I wonder if the forthcoming Kronos DAW integration software will contain a librarian allowing for this level of management)?

Kevin.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin Nolan wrote:
Michel -

Firstly - congratulations, and thank you, for an excellent utility.

Excuse me if this has been asked elsewhere - can this utility be used to manage PGC files on computer. Specifically - it'd be a massive organisation and time saver if programs from one PCG file could be dragged-and-dropped into another PCG file. It would allow us to build and manage out personally Kronos / OASYS libraries on or MAC / PC.

This would be a huge time save, and a save on wear-and-tear on the synth buttons in particular (for those of us how manage out instruments and reconfigure them quite a lot).

There's a 3rd utility called xfactory for Yamaha synths (I use it for my EX5) and it's astounding - I can literally create EX5 files on my computer by dragging and dropping programs from various EX5 libraries and create my own new libraries according to my needs - it has revolutionised the way I use the instrument.

Is there any way you could see fit to develop that - even for a fee per purchase of the software.

Alternatively - does anyone know of another utility that can do this (or I wonder if the forthcoming Kronos DAW integration software will contain a librarian allowing for this level of management)?

Kevin.

I am sorry but this feature is not yet available. I ultimately have the goal to make this and I might start on it after the current feature. However, this will take me a lot more time. I will probably use the following sub features before making it possible:
- possibility to move a program/combi/set list slot inside a bank (by up/down it).
- copy a bank to another bank inside the same PCG (not useful but I need the functionality to move to another bank)
- possibility to load 2 PCGs instead of one.
- copying programs/banks between the two (what you want).
- drag & drop would be nice but this alone takes me some time to figure it out.
- other features: sorting programs in a PCG by category or by name (alphabetically).

Don't count it will be finished within a month tough. I only do it in my (more or less sparse) free time.

Charlie
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Michel!
I've read your post at Karma Labs, clicked the link there hoping it will bring me to a download link - but it seems I'm blind an cannot find a link to your software. Embarassed
I'd be interested in the Mac-Version. Where can I get it - please! Wink
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charlie wrote:
Hi Michel!
I've read your post at Karma Labs, clicked the link there hoping it will bring me to a download link - but it seems I'm blind an cannot find a link to your software. Embarassed
I'd be interested in the Mac-Version. Where can I get it - please! Wink

I sent a PM.

Charlie
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Michel - looking forward to using your program! Very Happy
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charlie wrote:
Thank you Michel - looking forward to using your program! Very Happy

It's sent. Btw, you are user number fifty which makes me even more willing to continue with the development. (but sorry Charlie, no price for being number 50 except for a thank you for showing interest in my app).

Charlie
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yippieh - I'm #50! Cool
Got the mail and will give it a try soon. Of course you'll get my feedback by then. Very Happy
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charlie wrote:
Yippieh - I'm #50! Cool
Got the mail and will give it a try soon. Of course you'll get my feedback by then. Very Happy

Thanks, feedback is always welcome.

michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:39 am    Post subject: Update Reply with quote

It has been some time ago I updated PCG Tools. Reasons where:
- vacation (away from computer)
- thinking about what to create next
- checksum for Kronos PCG files

With some help of others (thanks), I have managed to be able not only generate lists (existing functionality), but also:

PATCH LISTS ON GUI: All patches are shown on the GUI. This makes it possible to select them to perform actions like:

EDIT PROGRAM NAMES: From now on you can edit names of any program in a PCG file.

EDIT COMBI NAMES: Same but for combination names.

EDIT SET LIST NAMES: Same but for set lists.

EDIT SET LIST DESCRIPTIONS: Tired of editing those (max) 512 characters in the Kronos: do it from a normal keyboard instead!

Much more features will be added (hopefully) soon.

Update involves:
0.2.0.75 3-Sep-2011
Feature: Show banks with programs, combis and set list slots on GUI.
Feature: Ability to change names of Programs, Combis and Set List Slots.
Feature: Ability to change descriptions of Set List Slots.
Improv: CHanged text "Kronos PCG File Name" to "PCG File Name.
Bug Fix: Default settings/enabling of UI checkboxes for filtering on text.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 59, 60, 61  Next
Page 3 of 61

Jump to: