Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PCG Tools for Kronos(X), Krome, Oasys,M3/M50,Tritons, ...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant


Joined: 08 Feb 2007
Posts: 9002
Location: Netherlands

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

markn wrote:
michelkeijzers wrote:
jbeliz wrote:
Im having trouble loading anything on this software, i have chose 2 different pcg files one for m3 and one for kronos and the program does not respond and exits automatically. Any solution to this?


Dear jbeliz, sorry to hear that. So far nobody complained about such problems. Can you maybe send one of the PCG files to me (michelkeijzers@hotmail.com) so I can check into it?


Same problem here... canīt load any pcg file, neither on WinXP nore on Win7.
Tried the normal factory preload.pcg from Kronos 2015 as well as various own pcg.files.


Can you send log files? Without any more information it's impossible to find the cause.
_________________

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see http://pcgtools.mkspace.nl
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
markn
Full Member


Joined: 15 Nov 2011
Posts: 204
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes with pleasure. Where do find them? Didnīt find any logs in the PCG-Tools Program Folder...
_________________
Kronos88, Kronos 2/61, Dave Smith Pro-2, Minimoog Voyager, MacBook Pro, LogicProX - and a whole bunch of older stuff...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant


Joined: 08 Feb 2007
Posts: 9002
Location: Netherlands

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

markn wrote:
Yes with pleasure. Where do find them? Didnīt find any logs in the PCG-Tools Program Folder...


They are stored automatically by Windows, I think you can see them by the start page, looking for log books (I have a Dutch Windows, so the exact translation might be a bit different).
_________________

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see http://pcgtools.mkspace.nl
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
markn
Full Member


Joined: 15 Nov 2011
Posts: 204
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

michelkeijzers wrote:
markn wrote:
michelkeijzers wrote:
jbeliz wrote:
Im having trouble loading anything on this software, i have chose 2 different pcg files one for m3 and one for kronos and the program does not respond and exits automatically. Any solution to this?


Dear jbeliz, sorry to hear that. So far nobody complained about such problems. Can you maybe send one of the PCG files to me (michelkeijzers@hotmail.com) so I can check into it?


Same problem here... canīt load any pcg file, neither on WinXP nore on Win7.
Tried the normal factory preload.pcg from Kronos 2015 as well as various own pcg.files.


Can you send log files? Without any more information it's impossible to find the cause.


Actually i didnīt really know which files to send. The problem disappeared with Windows10 anyway.
_________________
Kronos88, Kronos 2/61, Dave Smith Pro-2, Minimoog Voyager, MacBook Pro, LogicProX - and a whole bunch of older stuff...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant


Joined: 08 Feb 2007
Posts: 9002
Location: Netherlands

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

markn wrote:
michelkeijzers wrote:
markn wrote:
michelkeijzers wrote:
jbeliz wrote:
Im having trouble loading anything on this software, i have chose 2 different pcg files one for m3 and one for kronos and the program does not respond and exits automatically. Any solution to this?


Dear jbeliz, sorry to hear that. So far nobody complained about such problems. Can you maybe send one of the PCG files to me (michelkeijzers@hotmail.com) so I can check into it?


Same problem here... canīt load any pcg file, neither on WinXP nore on Win7.
Tried the normal factory preload.pcg from Kronos 2015 as well as various own pcg.files.


Can you send log files? Without any more information it's impossible to find the cause.


Actually i didnīt really know which files to send. The problem disappeared with Windows10 anyway.


I'm sure it has to do with some settings or access to a file ... But I'm glad Windows 10 removed the problem (although I don't have the problems on my Windows 7 system).
_________________

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see http://pcgtools.mkspace.nl
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant


Joined: 08 Feb 2007
Posts: 9002
Location: Netherlands

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:31 pm    Post subject: New (small) release of PCG Tools: version 2.7.2 Reply with quote

New (small) release of PCG Tools: version 2.7.2

Link: http://pcgtools.mkspace.nl
Code:
Language: A new Polish translator announcement: Marcin Aleksander.
Improv  : Set list slot descriptions in PCG windows can be shown as a single line (Korg Kronos).
Bug Fix : Prevented crash when clearing a combi while no set lists present (RedKross2014).
Bug Fix : Instead of crashing when loading an unsupported file, a message is shown.
Links   : MK Editor and Korg Fans added to external/contributors links.

_________________

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see http://pcgtools.mkspace.nl
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
coyote144
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant


Joined: 29 Apr 2012
Posts: 198

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all your great contributions, Michel Wink
_________________
New Timelapse Kronos soundset:
http://www.barbandco.com/store/c14/Sons_%2F_Musiques.html
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant


Joined: 08 Feb 2007
Posts: 9002
Location: Netherlands

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coyote144 wrote:
Thanks for all your great contributions, Michel Wink


Thank you very much!
_________________

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see http://pcgtools.mkspace.nl
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
glenny g



Joined: 05 Dec 2012
Posts: 8

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:29 pm    Post subject: PCG TOOLS and broken Setlist links Reply with quote

Hi there. Thanks for building this program - very handy.
I have an an issue where I save a COMPLETE pcg file (including setlists), load it onto PCG TOOLS, sort some programs or combis that are used in Setlists, and then my Setlists no longer point to the correct programs/combis if they have been moved.

So does PCG TOOLS not alter the Setlist data so that the progs/combis are refernced correctly after they have been moved by a Sort operation?

Thanks for any help.
TidyKronos does maintain the links, but the interface isn't as good.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant


Joined: 08 Feb 2007
Posts: 9002
Location: Netherlands

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:33 pm    Post subject: Re: PCG TOOLS and broken Setlist links Reply with quote

glenny g wrote:
Hi there. Thanks for building this program - very handy.
I have an an issue where I save a COMPLETE pcg file (including setlists), load it onto PCG TOOLS, sort some programs or combis that are used in Setlists, and then my Setlists no longer point to the correct programs/combis if they have been moved.

So does PCG TOOLS not alter the Setlist data so that the progs/combis are refernced correctly after they have been moved by a Sort operation?

Thanks for any help.
TidyKronos does maintain the links, but the interface isn't as good.


Hello Glenny,

Yes it should keep the references intact, so you found a bug!
I found the problem and fixed it in my working version. Since this is a major bug, I will make a new release within a week, hopefully already tomorrow if I can find the time.

Thanks for notifying!
_________________

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see http://pcgtools.mkspace.nl
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant


Joined: 08 Feb 2007
Posts: 9002
Location: Netherlands

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:04 pm    Post subject: PCG Tools 2.7.3 Reply with quote

Dear reader,

PCG Tools 2.7.3 has been released.

For Korg Kronos users, this is a must-install, it fixes a problem when moving, sorting or compacting programs/combis that set lists referencing those moved programs/combis were not synchronized.


Kind regards,

Michel (developer of PCG Tools)
_________________

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see http://pcgtools.mkspace.nl
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
cobi
Junior Member


Joined: 05 May 2012
Posts: 84
Location: Cologne, Germany

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I saw that Korg (at least Korg Germany) put your PCG tools on their Kronos product page.

Congratulations!

I hope they pay you well for that. You have well earned it Very Happy
_________________
Hardware: Kronos 88 X, M50 73, Yamaha PSR 750, Roland Octacapture
Software: Mixcraft Pro Studio 7.5, Korg Legacy: M1, MonoPoly, MS-20, Polysix, Wavestation, OP-X Player
iPad: iElectribe, iM1
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant


Joined: 08 Feb 2007
Posts: 9002
Location: Netherlands

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cobi wrote:
Hey, I saw that Korg (at least Korg Germany) put your PCG tools on their Kronos product page.

Congratulations!

I hope they pay you well for that. You have well earned it Very Happy


Thank you ... indeed Korg Germany put my application on their website.
No money involved (however, credits instead).
_________________

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see http://pcgtools.mkspace.nl
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Andriessen



Joined: 15 Oct 2011
Posts: 9

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:52 pm    Post subject: PCG file only contains 2 program banks Reply with quote

Hi Michel,

I created a new PCG in PCG Tools and in PCG Tools the file looks good. It contains the default setlist and my special setlist, all KRONOS default combi's, a special combi bank (U-A) for my special setlist, all default program banks, two special program banks for my combi's (U-AA and U-CC).

However, when I copy it to a USB stick and open it in the Kronos (version 3.03) the PCG file only contains a directory Setlists and Programs and the Programs folder only contains I-A and I-B.

The file size of the PCG is 146M, but the two files visible add up to 60M.

Any idea what is happening here? I reformatted the stick but that did not help. I restarted the Kronos but that did not help either.

When I try to load the PCG file it says: "the file was created on an older version of the Kronos". What is causing this error message?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant


Joined: 08 Feb 2007
Posts: 9002
Location: Netherlands

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:28 pm    Post subject: Re: PCG file only contains 2 program banks Reply with quote

Andriessen wrote:
Hi Michel,

I created a new PCG in PCG Tools and in PCG Tools the file looks good. It contains the default setlist and my special setlist, all KRONOS default combi's, a special combi bank (U-A) for my special setlist, all default program banks, two special program banks for my combi's (U-AA and U-CC).

However, when I copy it to a USB stick and open it in the Kronos (version 3.03) the PCG file only contains a directory Setlists and Programs and the Programs folder only contains I-A and I-B.

The file size of the PCG is 146M, but the two files visible add up to 60M.

Any idea what is happening here? I reformatted the stick but that did not help. I restarted the Kronos but that did not help either.

When I try to load the PCG file it says: "the file was created on an older version of the Kronos". What is causing this error message?


I don't know if I understand you completely. however, the file from 146 MB seems to be a so called virtual banks PCG file, which can only be used with PCG Tools to store a massive amount of banks, more than the Kronos can handle.

The other two files should be readable on a Kronos, even if they are from an older OS. I assume you got the error with the 146 MB file? And did the other two files work ok? Or are those other two files not created by PCG Tools at all (but used to 'merge' ?

Anyway ... if you need that 146 MB file, copy only the necessary programs, banks, set lists TO a regular file (about 30-50 MB) and that file should load fine on the Kronos.

Maybe I should change the file format of the virtual file a bit, so it cannot be read at all on a Kronos to prevent such problems.
_________________

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see http://pcgtools.mkspace.nl
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59  Next
Page 55 of 59

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group