Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PCG Tools for Kronos(X), Krome, Oasys,M3/M50,Tritons, ...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 59, 60, 61

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jokeyman123

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding PCG Tools. I recently acquired a rather unusual Korg-the SP500 which is now a part of my other Korgs the microKorg XL and microKontrol. I haven't tried yet, but is it possible PCG will be able to access any internal data from this though its midi ports? It seems to have no provision for saving any of its internal data to a computer-I am specifically interested in accessing the internal song memory-without having to render multitrack compositions in real time to a DAW, which seems my only other option. Strange that this external storage was omitted-since the SP500 can store a pretty generous amount of song/sequencer data. I can't write sysex code-but I do have the sysex implementation chart for this. I just don't see any provision in the Sp500 for initiating a sysex dump. would be useful to be able to dump all the song memory in one sysex file, to clear song memory for additional muitltrack compositions. i know this is an older board-and was never specified as a "workstation" but would still be useful to initiate a sysex dump.
KorganizR

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Jokeyman123: As this is your first post, welcome to the forum! Smile

Not sure if PCGTools is going to support the SP500 on short term (it's a digital piano with presets and song memory, not a workstation with programs, combis, etc.). And as far as I know, PCGTools does not use a live MIDI link (e.g. to trigger a SysEx dump on the SP500), it uses offline file communication only. But to help you out I'd like to present a quick alternative that might be useful. If this is off-topic for this thread and stretches too far, please consider creating a separate thread instead, probably in the "Korg Pianos (General)" section.

So here's my hint: Because you mention PCGTools I presume you're using a Windows PC to communicate via MIDI with the SP500. I'm also assuming that you're able to basically interpret the MIDI implementation chart you mentioned and are familiar with MIDI messages in hex format. If so, you can try the freeware tool "SendSX" from Bome Software to communicate on SysEx level with the keyboard. I'm sure there are alternative programs, but I find SendSX to be very simple and useful. You can send/receive binary data and files (editable as hex text) to/from connected MIDI equipment.

In the "Midi Out" text input window of the SendSX program, type in the hex text message RECORDER DATA DUMP REQUEST (32H) as found in the SP500 SysEx implementation chart (I believe it is 6 bytes in total and contains "F0 42 30 5C 32 F7"), to let the PC request a SysEx data transfer from the SP500. If all goes well, in the SendSX "Midi In" text window, you'll receive a RECORDER DATA DUMP message (66H) as a response from the SP500, containing all internal song data, which you can save to a file on your PC. To be sure, please check the response for proper SysEx header (F0H) and EOX trailer (F7H) bytes. After saving the file (usually with .SYX extension) using SendSX, you can clear your song memory on the SP500 for new use. You can resend the stored .SYX file back to the SP500 using SendSX when you need to. Hope this helps.
Jokeyman123

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks much Korganizr! Just what I needed to know. Yes there is a dump command for the song/sequencer memory. and Bome. sounds familiar-I am on Windows 7 which I've kept (all my drivers work) and I kept a legacy copy of XP on another computer for my older stuff. I can of course input sysex, hex but not experienced enough to write music software although I've dabbled with Visual Basic and some C++-but only for my own curiosity. I will give the Bome program a try, also have Midiox and a slew of DAWs from over the years. Well, here we go on another huge group-I am Jokeyman at the casiomusicforums, alesismusic and yamahamusicians. Was also active in many of the yahoo music groups before they went io-for the groups that could, and am an original member of the GEMClub-still have the Equinox and an old WX2 I'm trying to restore-almost there. I can attach the SP500 midi imp chart but i can interpret it with your directions-will get me there. this is an interesting Korg-the menu system is pretty comprehensive for a digital piano-for more complex stuff, I have several workstations when I want to wrap my head around headier programming/editing/experimenting with sounds.

Several of my earlier synths were (my first was) the Poly 61, also had the DW6000 and 8000 for a long time, and learned sampling/editing with the Korg DSS-1 all of which are long gone. Couldn't resist this Korg-apparently uses the TP40 weighted keys-same as my 8HD Fusions which are very comfortable to play. Had to buy the SP500 from Japan-I always go for the unusual/obsolete machines it seems-are always a challenge! Very Happy Laughing
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As developer of PCG Tools I can (sadly for you) confirm there will be not Korg PA support for PCG Tools, main reason is that the PA structure is vastly different and I don't develop actively on PCG Tools anymore.

I'm glad KorganizR gives help.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Jokeyman123

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries-I was not expecting it could for the SP-500, but I will use this with my microKorg XL, have been looking it over. even with its own editor/librarian, I am always appreciative of independent software developers who can design and build their own music applications. Thanks for responding.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jokeyman123 wrote:
No worries-I was not expecting it could for the SP-500, but I will use this with my microKorg XL, have been looking it over. even with its own editor/librarian, I am always appreciative of independent software developers who can design and build their own music applications. Thanks for responding.

You are welcome.. afaik there is also a (paid) software product handling PCG files for the PA but I don't know many details about it. I think it's made with help of Korg Italy.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
chelsea4023

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Jut a quick thank you for the 3.2.0 version update that provides supports for the the Korg Nautilus.
Chris
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The PCG Tools website will from now on be part of KronosHaven, a website for Korg Kronos fans.

It can be found here: https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/

Jokeyman123

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PCG tools-wonderful program. I've just restored a rather shopworn M3, opened PCG tools with my M3 thumb drive attached-works beautifully, I can see everything organized much better, makes more sense than i can make out with just the screen. Thanks.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2023 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jokeyman123 wrote:
PCG tools-wonderful program. I've just restored a rather shopworn M3, opened PCG tools with my M3 thumb drive attached-works beautifully, I can see everything organized much better, makes more sense than i can make out with just the screen. Thanks.

Thank you and enjoy your M3!

studio460

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 5:26 am    Post subject: Nautilus 61 AT: Reply with quote

Dear Michael:

Unsure if you still check in here at KorgForums, but I just bought a Korg Nautilus 61 AT to replace my Kronos-88. I was pleased to discover that you have updated PCG Tools for the most recent Nautilus OS—thank you!

I am about to enter the scary (to me) world of EXs-installation. I'm having a third-party EXs library re-licensed (for my new public key) and will be buying several KApro orchestral libraries as well. I look forward to using your acclaimed tool to assist in this process.

I was wondering if you have a way for me to donate a small financial reward as a token of my appreciation for your efforts? Thanks!

Korg Nautilus 61 AT + DS1H + EXP2 | Korg Kronos 2 Platinum 88 | Korg Radias | Korg Kaoss Pad KP3+ | Kaossilator Pro+ | Kronos Remote iOS
PCG Tools v3.2.0 | WavesArt Cinematic Suite EXs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 59, 60, 61
Page 61 of 61

Jump to: