Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

best workflow tweaking programs in combi/seq. mode?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
soundsailer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:21 pm    Post subject: best workflow tweaking programs in combi/seq. mode? Reply with quote

what's the quickest way to get into a program and have access to all the controls just like you were in program mode while you are in combi or seq. mode, so you can make and save changes without effecting the original program?
CfNorENa

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The easiest way to make quick, non-permanent edits to programs within Combi or SEQ mode is from the tone adjust tab (on the control surface tab, on the main "Play" tab). No deep editing from tone adjust, but you can transform the sounds pretty dramatically...
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you don't want to change programs because they are possibly used in other combis, copy all the needed/wanted programs and let the combi make use of the copied programs.

(you can use my app to find out if programs are used by multiple combis if needed).

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
soundsailer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

michelkeijzers wrote:
If you don't want to change programs because they are possibly used in other combis, copy all the needed/wanted programs and let the combi make use of the copied programs.

(you can use my app to find out if programs are used by multiple combis if needed).

Dam I hoping there was a way to have access to each of the programs parameters while in either combi/seq. modes, that would be really sweet...
CfNorENa

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

soundsailer wrote:
Dam I hoping there was a way to have access to each of the programs parameters while in either combi/seq. modes, that would be really sweet...

Give Tone Adjust a shot. You'd be surprised how much editing you can do on that tab!
soundsailer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CfNorENa wrote:
soundsailer wrote:

Give Tone Adjust a shot. You'd be surprised how much editing you can do on that tab!

I will thanks............
soundsailer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

soundsailer wrote:
CfNorENa wrote:
soundsailer wrote:

I will thanks............

your right major Tonal sculpting can be done without opening up the program Shocked I'm surprised, sure couldn't do that with the old tritons..... Very Happy
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eventually I hope to add a feature to my app to copy programs from a combi which are also used in other combis automatically so you can change those programs without being afraid to ruin combis. However, since editing will be done on the Kronos, you have to go to each program and save it each time. For changing that, Korg has to do something (and it will be quite some change).

The ultimate way would be the so called Inheritance model but I'm afraid it's too difficult for most people (tough I think it would be very logical and easy after one understand how it works).

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: