Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Microkorg Sound Editor - OS X Lion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Simen

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:28 am    Post subject: Microkorg Sound Editor - OS X Lion Reply with quote

I've been a big fan of the Microkorg Sound Editor software for Mac, but in OS X Lion Apple decided to not include the Rosetta emulator(which the sound editor needs to run).

Unfortunately I upgraded my mac before checking software compatibility and I'm now stuck with Lion and a Microkorg Sound Editor that won't open.

Is there any easy way to still run this software on OS X Lion? And is there a newsletter I can subscribe to who'll annonce a Lion version when this i available?
vicz

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know whether Korg will release an updated version of the software, but in the meantime you could setup a dual-boot system with Lion and SL and boot into SL to run your Rosetta apps, or in theory set up a virtual SL environment under Parallels or VMWare if you have either of those two packages.
FredQC

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:06 am    Post subject: microKorg editor for recent OSX ? Reply with quote

Seeing the microKorg is still on sale, any idea when/if recent OSX releases will be supported ?
bradkorg

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can download the compatibilitychart to check:
http://www.korg.com/us/support/os/
FredQC

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:01 pm    Post subject: Ok got it ! Reply with quote

bradkorg wrote:
You can download the compatibilitychart to check:
http://www.korg.com/us/support/os/

Yes I had checked the compatibility chart but I had tested it on OSX 10.10 and 10.9 without success, the folder had no read permissions hiding all the programs inside it? In the end all i had to do was to change the KORG folder permissions to enable read and now the apps can load.

Thanks, still i wonder why the installer did that, it actually gave read permission to my wife which was the first user account alphabetically on both macs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Mac Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: