Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Answers by Roland on Jupiter-80, may compliment your Kronos
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> General Synthesizers/Keyboards
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rocness

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:28 pm    Post subject: Answers by Roland on Jupiter-80, may compliment your Kronos Reply with quote

Finally Roland speaks. New videos about Jupiter -80 .
This may compliment your kronos very well .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnCEPdio6Vk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsvjinwKA3U
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBf1RumKYn8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kQ6qUa0kZQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTGGhOJL8q4
RonF
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool Videos.....this didn't need a new thread however...should have been posted in the existing JP80 thread. No need to rub JP80 into everyones faces....lets discuss in peace in the existing thread....IMO. Smile
Favorite Gear: Kronos 61, M3, Z1, Radias, KPro, KP3, Moog Voyager, Foogers, Virus TI, Jupiter 80, Integra7, GAIA, SPD-30, Kiwi 106, RE-201, MC808, RC505, MV8800, DSI P6 and OB6 and P12, Ensoniq SQ80, EMU MP-7, Eventide H7600, Eclipse, SPACE, Pitchfactor, Timefactor, Looperlative LP-1, Axe FX Ultra, Nord Modular, DSI Tetra, Tempest, PEK, JDXA, Eurorack Modular, Octatrack, MDUW, Monomachine, A4, RYTM, Waldorf Q Phoenix, MWXTk, Blofeld, TR8.
Rocness

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a nice compliment to Kronos but maybe your right , just have the Mods delete it .
panrixx

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought this was a Korg forum - why so many threads about JP80. If I want to know about Rolands I'll vist thier forum Confused
EvilDragon
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn that "Leslie" simulation sucks balls.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUqC0SdYFyw

Sounds more like tremolo with a hint of vibrato to me. Just a joke.
dg-keys

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you notice the background music at 3:10?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsvjinwKA3U

It's the opening song from the german Korg TV:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHtewWggiqw

Question: Is the music on the Roland video made with much better Korg stuff?

Wink

Have a nice day

Dan from germany
Randelph
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There may be some folks that don't want to hear about the JP80 for various reasons. Fine, but there's some of us that are eager for this comparison.

Personally I'd like to hear more. The two folks that have talked the most about it have a Kronos to compare it to- what could be better- and they both have extensive music and gear experience.

My big mistake when I bought the Motif XS is I bought into the hype. Perhaps the XS was the "best" out there at the time, but it sure the hell wasn't the best for me. Little satisfaction, lots of time wasted with tech workarounds, and 40 cents on the dollar selling it. It's good to hear points of view that don't go with the prevailing (the Kronos is the ultimate WS, which I believe as well) mindset, but looks at another approach (JP80), one that may be better suited for some folks.

Perhaps I should "get out more", but Korg Forums is where i do most of my synth forum reading, and hearing intelligent, highly experienced comparisons to other top of the line boards is great.

At least now there's something to compare to! Viva la difference!

Randy

Last edited by Randelph on Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
PauloF

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

panrixx wrote:
I thought this was a Korg forum - why so many threads about JP80. If I want to know about Rolands I'll vist thier forum Confused

Well... IMO I think that there's nothing wrong with having threads about JP-80 here even this being a Korg Forum.

The same applies in reverse to the Roland Forums, and I can tell you that you will find a lot of info about the Kronos over there too, basically comparing Kronos and JP-80 functions and features and having the guys opinions about these two awesome boards.

JMHO
Take care Wink

Keys: Korg Wavestate
Softsynths: Korg iM1, ARP Odyssei, iElectribe, iMS-20, Moog AniMoog
https://jpaulof.wixsite.com/Mysite
EvilDragon
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Randelph wrote:
Fine, but there's some of us that are eager for this comparison.

And that's why this forum has "General Synthesizers/Keyboards" section for that stuff. Smile
Kontrol49
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can this thread be moved please mods???

Although its not irrelevant to synths in general just think these jp80 threads seem to be taking over the Kronos forum and can see it becoming counterproductive to most Kronos discussions

Is it not more diplomatic to ask for it to be moved
to it's rightful place and continue it there
Randelph
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EvilDragon wrote:
Randelph wrote:

And that's why this forum has "General Synthesizers/Keyboards" section for that stuff. Smile

What the chunk? Really surprised hearing this from you- aren't you in constant comparison mode with the staggering number of keyboards and softsynths you have played/learned? You certainly seem to be everytime you respond to a post with an enthusiastic thumbs up/down for all kinds of sound makers.

I've hung out in the Kronos section of this forum since the first announcements of the Kronos, and get my daily update even now. Suffered through a lot of cranky posts while the delivery dates were being pushed back.

The reward is hearing sound demos, peoples enthusiastic discoveries of new workflows, sound engines, comparisons to other boards, etc. The value of this forum is the vitality and freshness of a lot of smart, musical folks; and those of you lucky (and brave enough) to have 2 of the top boards at this time- all I can say is I hope YOU BRING IT ON!

Randy
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you don't like to read a thread, don't read it ... and the title is quite clear Smile

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
EvilDragon
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Randelph wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:
Randelph wrote:

What the chunk? Really surprised hearing this from you- aren't you in constant comparison mode with the staggering number of keyboards and softsynths you have played/learned? You certainly seem to be everytime you respond to a post with an enthusiastic thumbs up/down for all kinds of sound makers.

Damn, they have to invent [SARCASM] tag. Wink
EXer
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

panrixx wrote:

As a prospective Kronos buyer I found the discussions about the JP-80 on this forum useful and informative.

That said, nobody is forced into reading them...
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I certainly DO regard the way, how several JP-80 threads have been pushed and pushed again in here from 3-4 people, often with absolutely no substantial information but irrelevant smalltalk (nearly in the style of "my, have you seen the new high gloss brochure the other day?"), just to keep the keyword "JP 80" on top of the threads continously, as obviuous and shameless form of Roland advertising in midst of a dedicated Kronos forum. And it is of no interest at all to me if this is intended or just a not unwelcome aside.

There is ZERO reason why these threads should not be moved into the general synths area: they have long ceased providing ANY substantial new information which isn't already quite well known. The fact that Kronos owners talk about the JP80 all day long in a Kronos forum doesn't make it even a lttle bit more tolerable to place it here from my view: any other Kronos owner can read it in the general synths froum as well, if he is interested. And I fail to see a single reason why people who are interested in the JP-80 shouldn't get informed there or - what would be MUCH more natural, in the Roland clan, where the Kronos/JP80 owners show their double expertise just as well. Just with one difference: nobody is opening several ongoing Kronos threads over there! Why in the world SHOULD anybody do such a nonsense??? Think about it for a minute.

The forum members and moderators have to decide themselves how to handle this, but THIS thread certainly has put it over the top from my view and caused me to write this one post before keeping silent again. And I now cleatrly demand to remove all JP-80 threads from here as my explicit opinion, no matter if others like it or not.

One main reason, why I am not willing to post in this forum for a while, was exactly the from my view continuous misuse of this forum for only superficially justified Roland advertising, even if it is only for the sake of telling everybody about someones other gear all day long.

Should I open three Access Virus threads here for continuous comparison with the Kronos, with every fresh OS update, just because I happen to own both??? And two other threads for any new Moog model? Oh, I forgot, we have to tolerate this only because the JP-80 is even newer, and enjoys utmost urgency to be hyped EXACTLY in a dedicated Kronos thread!

This all is a really ridiculous way of exchanging Kronos user interests in a forum dedicated for exactly THIS purpose!

Hope to see more reasonable times in this forum again and will be ready to post again then. Or will the JP-80 be still "new" enough to misuse this forum in autumn and winter? Then I can unsubscribe right away!
Bye!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> General Synthesizers/Keyboards All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: