Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KORG M50 FREEZING?!?! How can I fix this?!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Amystika

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:34 pm    Post subject: KORG M50 FREEZING?!?! How can I fix this?! Reply with quote

Like I said, Korg M50 freezing...
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me guess, 61 keys?

You have to take it into a service center and they need to replace stuff...

The 61 keys seem to be plagued with this issue.
Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).
aynarc

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:04 am    Post subject: the same problem + solution Reply with quote

I had the same problem and the solution was to do a hard resset resst + realtime + power and then install the update 1.1, then go global and protects the prog and the combi .. problem solved
shano

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:17 pm    Post subject: help with freezing ugh!!! Reply with quote

i really like the m50 except for that i too am having the freezing problems! bought it about a year ago, and havent used it much till recently for last 5 months or so. i have been gigging with it when it started freezing. restarting it a few times seemed to help at first, but it seems to be getting worse. now i cant even use it. i use two keyboards when gigging, so i just go to my roland xp30 when this happens. when i try talking to korg tech support, they say may be a pedal i am using, but i use korg brand pedal. then they say that updating the o.s. should fix the problem. i checked which os i have and it already came with the newest update. would re-installing possibly help this? i will try calling korg support again, but was wondering if korg has done anything recently about this problem? recall or something? please help?!?!
akmon

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately no software solutions. Just hardware ones. Two capacitors replacement will be the solution. Look in the forums. It has been talked about it.
DoctorMo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We don't think the caps are the only problem. We had them replaced, but the M50-61 still locks up almost every time we use it. Recently, we heard a loud pop through the PA. We then noticed the keyboard had just locked-up.

At our last gig, the thing locked-up and, during our last practice, a note was stuck on and the only fix was to reboot it.

It's going back to the repairman, once again.

We recently purchased an M50-73. We have had no problems with that model. I would never recommend the 61 to anyone. It's a crap shoot and Korg should recall every damn one of them.

mike
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had my M50-73 since it was released and have never had an issue with it...

just sayin'
Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).
kimu
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had the freezing problem too, last summer.

i brought M50 to the shop where i bough it and they sent it to korg repair center.

never had an official note saying what has been really done, but guy in the shop say some capacitors have been changed.

from that moment i never had again problems and i use my M50 every week
shano

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:04 pm    Post subject: re: freezing Reply with quote

thanks all, will try the reboot thing, and if not, try send for repair caps? will update later... Sad
gdot

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 9:43 am    Post subject: I'm also having the same freeze issue:( Reply with quote

@DoctorMo

I'm a frequent reader of this forum.

I have followed your post from the time you have sent your M50 for repair for the first time.

I too faced issues of freezing. Not at all able to use it. (m50-61 keys). Not under warranty though.

Just curious to know whether you got your M50 back...

Is the problem solved? Question Question Rolling Eyes Crying or Very sad
dimitris
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 1:22 pm    Post subject: Re: KORG M50 FREEZING?!?! How can I fix this?! Reply with quote

Amystika wrote:
Like I said, Korg M50 freezing...

Take it near heat!! Very Happy Very Happy

Just kidding!!
I bought a M50 61key and I had freezing problems in the first 10 minutes!!! Of course I sold after 2 days!!!! The only synth I had it for nearly 2 days!!!! Very toyish keyboard!!! My TEX it's far ahead..........!!!!!!!!!!!
I am waiting for the new YAMAHA MOX6 which I think it would kill M50!!!

Regards,
Dimitris
DoctorMo

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@gdot

I'm taking it to the repairman today. The warranty runs out in a few days. Hopefully, he can fix this damned keyboard.

Still having no problems with the M50-73, however.

mike
guillex

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DoctorMo wrote:
@gdot

I'm taking it to the repairman today. The warranty runs out in a few days. Hopefully, he can fix this damned keyboard.

Still having no problems with the M50-73, however.

mike

well I have on M50 73, and some keys have problems, so...haha
gdot

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@DoctorMo

Oh great Very Happy ... atleast you have your keyboard still in warranty. Smile

Mine is out of warranty now Crying or Very sad . So, don't know how much the cost will be. Confused

What do you suggest? Should I go for a repair if the cost is more than 250$???? Coz, I heard from one of the service engineers that the design itself has a flaw, and the chances are there for the problem to come back....

Even your keyboard faced the problem though it was repaired Crying or Very sad

Can you please suggest me what to do? Shocked Confused
kimu
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

send M50 to a technician center and have it repaired.

they have to change two capacitors. it happens to me last summer, i just brought it (in warranty) to the shop where i bought it, they send it to korg assistance and have it back in 3 weeks less or more.

from that moment i never had any problem and use it every weeks for rehearsal and gig.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M50 All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: