Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos 88 in the UK
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlueLouBoyle

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:45 pm    Post subject: Kronos 88 in the UK Reply with quote

Hey guys,

I was wondering If anybody has received a kronos 88 yet in the UK, or at least has any solid information. Razz

I've had mine on pre-order for ages now and my dealer says they're expecting them at any point in August, but I've also heard rumours that they've been delayed to September/October!!!

Would be nice to know whats going on!!!

Cheers Very Happy
•Yamaha DGX300 (Sigh)

Wishlist:
•Hohner D6
Jeremy Bender

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Got my K88 delivered to home from PMT on 12 July. It was a big surprise to PMT and to me as I only ordered if from them a week and a bit before.

It is also serial no 17 which is even stranger! Currently lowest number logged on Karma labs list.

Give Neil price a call and see what they can do...

It's great but my music room is in top floor of house and very hot up there this week in the evenings so I have not been playing as much as I want to!
Korg Kronos 88, Korg M3 61 with Radias EXP, DSI Prophet 6,Moog Voyager, Korg MS-20 kit, Korg Wavestation SR, Korg M3R, Korg Legacy Collection, Roland JV1080, Roland D10, EDP Wasp, Roland TR606 Drumatix, Ableton Live, Ableton Push
panrixx

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still expecting/hoping to recieve my K88 this month, as that is what I have been led to believe. I'll call them tomorrow for an update -if they have one!

During the waiting I decided to purchase a used JV-2080 and I received it today but have not run it yet.

I paid £141 and hoped I might find 1 or , if I was really lucky, 2 JV80 expansion cards inside. It was really wishful thinking Smile

I opened the expansion cover and what did I find?...................... 6 JV80 cards (Piano, Vintage Synth, World, Special FX, Hip Hop and Techno) Very Happy Very Happy

RESULT Laughing
Jeremy Bender

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome Panrixx! A great buy.

I have a jv1080 but only the vintage card which is great! Let me know if you ever feel like selling the cards on!

Good luck getting the Kronos
Korg Kronos 88, Korg M3 61 with Radias EXP, DSI Prophet 6,Moog Voyager, Korg MS-20 kit, Korg Wavestation SR, Korg M3R, Korg Legacy Collection, Roland JV1080, Roland D10, EDP Wasp, Roland TR606 Drumatix, Ableton Live, Ableton Push
BlueLouBoyle

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for replying guys.

Think I might give my dealer another call (Absolute Music) and see if they have any updates. The store manager there is really helpful, but I suppose he can only tell me what Korg has told him!
However If I get too impatient I might give Neil a call, thanks for that Jeremy.

Panrixx, thats an amazing buy!! The last update I got from Absolute music was the same. Be sure to let me know when you get yours, i'll do the same Very Happy

I'm gonna go fiddle with my microKorg while the long wait continues Razz

Cheers Smile
•Yamaha DGX300 (Sigh)

Wishlist:
•Hohner D6
Rorcus

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked "possibly" september is what I was emailed yesterday for my 61 .. It's like waiting for Xmas a kid but not actually knowing what day it's going to happen on..
TSUNAMI
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is 61's in the UK to buy ... why are you waiting ?

please don't say the bonners deal ..... Brick wall
Rorcus wrote:
Shocked "possibly" september is what I was emailed yesterday for my 61 .. It's like waiting for Xmas a kid but not actually knowing what day it's going to happen on..
] Brick wall
13in Retina MacBook Pro, Quadcore i5 27in 8GB iMac, Logic Studio 9.1, Ableton Live9, Push, Volca Beats, Korg KRONOS 61, Korg Arp odyssey, Roland D50, Yamaha SY85, Moog Sub37, Roland TR8, Roland SP808, Korg NanoPad2, Eventide H9, Presonus 1602, Alesis M1 MkII, Yamaha APX5, Fender Splattercaster, DrumKat DK10, 1000 miles of cable !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rorcus

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TSUNAMI wrote:
There is 61's in the UK to buy ... why are you waiting ?

please don't say the bonners deal ..... (*,)

Beer Bonners Deal...
aprilsbonfire

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whats the Bonners deal ?
Korg Kronos -73 #000083
panrixx

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I received a letter from Korg UK this morning. It basically apologises for the delays and points out that if I were to cancel my existing order it could be several months before I could get another one. What it does not say is anything about delivery dates.

I spoke to my dealer and they have no more information, at this time, than is on the letter!
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't say that even if you don't cancel, you also may have to wait months.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
panrixx

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To quote:

"....we would advise against making any adjustments to your order as this may cause further delay. In the case of any fresh orders now being placed, supply of Kronos could be several months away."
TSUNAMI
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Production Room and HTFR (Hard to Find Records) both have Kronos 61's in stock. I purchased a 61 Kronos from Production rooms last Friday and got a better deal than the Bonners one !!!

I also got a letter today from Korg UK thanking me for my custom !!!
13in Retina MacBook Pro, Quadcore i5 27in 8GB iMac, Logic Studio 9.1, Ableton Live9, Push, Volca Beats, Korg KRONOS 61, Korg Arp odyssey, Roland D50, Yamaha SY85, Moog Sub37, Roland TR8, Roland SP808, Korg NanoPad2, Eventide H9, Presonus 1602, Alesis M1 MkII, Yamaha APX5, Fender Splattercaster, DrumKat DK10, 1000 miles of cable !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume the Bonners deal may not be announced publicly ?

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
TSUNAMI
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bonners deal was £2599 and some crappy behringer monitors thrown in free.

Bonners also seemed to have some sort of exclusive deal with Korg having the official launch / really flash promo packs etc etc, If i'm not mistaken they haven't yet had any in !!!! but i could be wrong on that ....

Most of the Pro Audio guys have had a couple of drops of a few units at a time in so far.
michelkeijzers wrote:
I assume the Bonners deal may not be announced publicly ?

Last edited by TSUNAMI on Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: