Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Initialize Set List" - What does it do?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hal2001

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:31 pm    Post subject: "Initialize Set List" - What does it do? Reply with quote

I organized my set list just the way I wanted and really like its functionality. Later I mistakenly (on the drop down menu) hit "Initialize set list" and whoosh, it looked like everything was erased. All the slots which were originally labeled with the Preload set list plus my customs were replaced with Kronos german grand. After saying "Ooops!", (not exactly) I thought about all the work I had put into it and that it was all lost. Then I rebooted the Kronos and everything came back. Relief. So, what did I do when I hit Initialize Set List and when should I use it, to do what? I entered ISL in the Owner's manual PDF search and nothing came up.
BillW
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:35 pm    Post subject: Re: "Initialize Set List" - What does it do? Reply with quote

Hal2001 wrote:
I organized my set list just the way I wanted and really like its functionality. Later I mistakenly (on the drop down menu) hit "Initialize set list" and whoosh, it looked like everything was erased. All the slots which were originally labeled with the Preload set list plus my customs were replaced with Kronos german grand. After saying "Ooops!", (not exactly) I thought about all the work I had put into it and that it was all lost. Then I rebooted the Kronos and everything came back. Relief. So, what did I do when I hit Initialize Set List and when should I use it, to do what? I entered ISL in the Owner's manual PDF search and nothing came up.

It's not what you did, it's what you didn't do. Once you initialized it, you would have had to have saved the set list for any permanent damage to take place. Fortunately, you didn't. Laughing
Hal2001

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:16 pm    Post subject: So is initialization just a start from scratch reset? Reply with quote

BillW wrote:
[

It's not what you did, it's what you didn't do. Once you initialized it, you would have had to have saved the set list for any permanent damage to take place. Fortunately, you didn't. Laughing
Boy was I lucky. So when is the initialize set list appropriate to use? Is it to wipe out your current setlist and start from scratch?
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes or if you load a PCG which contains a set list and you want to erase one (or more) set list(s).

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Besides this, I'm wondering how many people are really editing the set list descriptions of 512 chars with the on screen keyboard? Or are most people waiting for the editor? Or do they use a hex editor with ASCII input?

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
TSUNAMI
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a great feature but the need to allow connection of a USB keyboard to do the text !!!! I would use it, but at the moment its to long winded to enter it in using the on screen keyboard.

michelkeijzers wrote:
Besides this, I'm wondering how many people are really editing the set list descriptions of 512 chars with the on screen keyboard? Or are most people waiting for the editor? Or do they use a hex editor with ASCII input?

13in Retina MacBook Pro, Quadcore i5 27in 8GB iMac, Logic Studio 9.1, Ableton Live9, Push, Volca Beats, Korg KRONOS 61, Korg Arp odyssey, Roland D50, Yamaha SY85, Moog Sub37, Roland TR8, Roland SP808, Korg NanoPad2, Eventide H9, Presonus 1602, Alesis M1 MkII, Yamaha APX5, Fender Splattercaster, DrumKat DK10, 1000 miles of cable !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope the Korg editor will not take 2 more months, otherwise I will add this feature in my app.

Hal2001

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:11 pm    Post subject: How will we receive the editor? Reply with quote

michelkeijzers wrote:
I hope the Korg editor will not take 2 more months, otherwise I will add this feature in my app.
Will a CD of the editor be mailed to us automatically if we already registered as owners with Korg? Or, will it be a download? Anybody know?
BillW
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:11 pm    Post subject: Re: How will we receive the editor? Reply with quote

Hal2001 wrote:
michelkeijzers wrote:
Will a CD of the editor be mailed to us automatically if we already registered as owners with Korg? Or, will it be a download? Anybody know?

Definitely a download.
BillW
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of set lists...I'm taking my Kronos live for the first time next Friday (8/12). I have about 130 combis for 3 sets (some songs have 1 combi, others have as many as 10). Rather than put every single combi into each of the 3 set lists, I've taken a different approach. I created 3 set lists and just put the first combi for each song into the appropriate set list. At the beginning of each set, I just pull up the right set list. At the beginning of each song, I go to set list mode, hit the song and then hit the combi button. We play the song and I step through the combis w/a foot pedal. It's much less time consuming than moving 130 combis into set lists from the Kronos' gui. Idea
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillW wrote:
Speaking of set lists...I'm taking my Kronos live for the first time next Friday (8/12). I have about 130 combis for 3 sets (some songs have 1 combi, others have as many as 10). Rather than put every single combi into each of the 3 set lists, I've taken a different approach. I created 3 set lists and just put the first combi for each song into the appropriate set list. At the beginning of each set, I just pull up the right set list. At the beginning of each song, I go to set list mode, hit the song and then hit the combi button. We play the song and I step through the combis w/a foot pedal. It's much less time consuming than moving 130 combis into set lists from the Kronos' gui. Idea

Do you mean you have the combis for each song in consecutive combi numbers?

Like a set list contains e.g.
1. Combi I-A000
2. Combi I-F000

Where I-A000 is the first combi for song 1 and the next combi of the song is in I-A001, I-A002 etc and 2 combis for the second song are in I-F000 and further?

Since when I will have a Kronos I will have a similar problem I intend to extend my app to make this easier.

Question for you BillW: if it would be easier to arrange/modify set lists, would you use 3 set lists with all the combis for each song there?
Like if you would have the possibility to move/insert/cut/paste the combis of a complete song at once? ( e.g. by an app looking at the name).

BillW
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

michelkeijzers wrote:
BillW wrote:

1. Combi I-A000
2. Combi I-F000

Where I-A000 is the first combi for song 1 and the next combi of the song is in I-A001, I-A002 etc and 2 combis for the second song are in I-F000 and further?

Yes. Most of them are in UA, UB and UC at the moment.

michelkeijzers wrote:
Since when I will have a Kronos I will have a similar problem I intend to extend my app to make this easier.

Question for you BillW: if it would be easier to arrange/modify set lists, would you use 3 set lists with all the combis for each song there?
Like if you would have the possibility to move/insert/cut/paste the combis of a complete song at once? ( e.g. by an app looking at the name).

That would probably be easier. I'm afraid at some point during the show I will forget to switch to combi mode and accidentally change songs. Smile
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillW wrote:
michelkeijzers wrote:
BillW wrote:

1. Combi I-A000
2. Combi I-F000

michelkeijzers wrote:

That would probably be easier. I'm afraid at some point during the show I will forget to switch to combi mode and accidentally change songs. Smile

I'm going to think about this issue. I am currently using also sometimes 2 or 3 combis but maybe more in the future (especially when I have a kronos with SST).

An offline app could rearrange songs easier, assuming each song has the same name with some index after it. I promise to come back (sooner or later) with a solution.

BillW
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

michelkeijzers wrote:
BillW wrote:
michelkeijzers wrote:
BillW wrote:

1. Combi I-A000
2. Combi I-F000

michelkeijzers wrote:

I'm going to think about this issue. I am currently using also sometimes 2 or 3 combis but maybe more in the future (especially when I have a kronos with SST).

An offline app could rearrange songs easier, assuming each song has the same name with some index after it. I promise to come back (sooner or later) with a solution.

I do this offline today with my Fantom G6's librarian. I just pop the USB stick into my laptop and reorder the Live sets.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillW wrote:

I do this offline today with my Fantom G6's librarian. I just pop the USB stick into my laptop and reorder the Live sets.

can your Fantom's librarian read PCG files from Korg?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: