Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chord names for pads in Karma

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeremy Bender

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:14 pm    Post subject: Chord names for pads in Karma Reply with quote

I have not been able to find anything in manuals on this yet...

On the M3, the chord names assigned for the pads would appear in one of the Karma screens when karma was running. Ie a pad chord name such as Dmin7 would appear when Karma was running (I forget which screen now and don't have M3 near at the moment).

This was a great feature as it made improvising over the chords really easy as you knew what the chord was!

Does the Kronos also display this info somewhere when you trigger the pads on the screen? I don't think it does as you have to have the pad screen open to trigger them unless using a remote pad based device to do this anyway.

I think this is one for a op system update when it comes
Korg Kronos 88, Korg M3 61 with Radias EXP, DSI Prophet 6,Moog Voyager, Korg MS-20 kit, Korg Wavestation SR, Korg M3R, Korg Legacy Collection, Roland JV1080, Roland D10, EDP Wasp, Roland TR606 Drumatix, Ableton Live, Ableton Push
JPWC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's there, on the Karma GE Tab, (in Prog/Combi modes)

The problem I have is the font is a little to small for my failing eyes, I have to put my reading glass on to read the chord, G & C look them same.
Kronos-6, Krome, M3, Radias, KingKorg, microKorg, KP-2, KP-3, KO-1, KO-1 PRO, Karma, microX, monotron, monotribe, PadCONTROL, Wavedrum Mini, Volca Keys, Beats, Bass, Sample, monotron Duo & Delay, microArranger, M1, Wavestation, Volca Sample, Keys, Beats & Bass, MS-20

JD-XA, JD-Xi, Aira (system 1, TB3, TR8, MX-1), Prophet 12, Mopho X4, Jupiter-80, FA-06, D50, CS1x, CZ101, DX200, AN200, analogFOUR, MachineDrum, MonoMachine, Motif XF6, Virus Snow, Nord Lead 2X, OP-1, MFOS, Tenori-on, QY100, QY70, meeblip se, miniBrute, microBrute, Bass Station 2
Jeremy Bender

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that! You are right it's so small I certainly missed it even after you me where to look!

Still have the problem though that it doesn't show chords on the pads trigger page so you can't see what chord it is without sustaining and switching tabs.

Not very useful when playing...
Korg Kronos 88, Korg M3 61 with Radias EXP, DSI Prophet 6,Moog Voyager, Korg MS-20 kit, Korg Wavestation SR, Korg M3R, Korg Legacy Collection, Roland JV1080, Roland D10, EDP Wasp, Roland TR606 Drumatix, Ableton Live, Ableton Push
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: