Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LOOP HOLD Button Question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikeatgl

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:41 pm    Post subject: LOOP HOLD Button Question Reply with quote

This is a strange instrument, and figuring it out has been somewhat counterintuitive to me! That being said, I've been able to do everything I've wanted to except for one thing: I wish there was a setting so that I could trigger complete samples with one press/release of a key without having to press that LOOP HOLD button.

It'd be great if I could press C4 and that sample would start looping and then I could press D4 and that sample would loop instead of C4.

Am I missing something, or is triggering a complete loop always a 2-handed affair? As a guitar player who is planning on using this thing live, that makes performance significantly harder. I want to be able to hit a key and get my hands back to the guitar as quickly as possible.

Mike
Re-Member
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If operating loops in SAMPLE mode, yeah, you're gonna need to use both hands to trigger on and off samples, or get good at stretching your fingers to use one hand, haha.

Another thing you can do is use the sequencer to loop a single sample for you. Since you can record up to 16 patterns, you can bounce between 16 looped samples using the just the pattern knob.

1. Figure out how many measures long the sample is
2. Set the sample to BMP sync
3. Keep the MS in SAMPLE mode
3. Set the sequencer recording settings to match the length of the sample
4. Set record quantize on
5. Record yourself holding one note
6. Do the same on all 16 patterns using different samples

Now when you press play, it will loop the sample you have selected according to the pattern number, plus when you select another pattern, it won't switch over till a loop ends it's cycle.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSampler All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: