Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NEW OS on the way in a few days ????
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
soundsailer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:25 pm    Post subject: NEW OS on the way in a few days ???? Reply with quote

I heard that they will be releasing a new OS for the Kronos in a few days is that true?
Kontrol49
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shame they haven't the same urgency to release back orders that people are waiting for....

All well and good releasing a new OS,but half the people haven't even got their Kronos's yet!!! Rolling Eyes
Chriskk

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I heard that they will be releasing a new OS for the Kronos in a few days is that true?

What is your source? I wouldn't bet my money on the new OS at this time.
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone remember that contest about who could run Linux on their xBox first? Just sayin'...
soundsailer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chriskk wrote:
Quote:

What is your source? I wouldn't bet my money on the new OS at this time.

not a good one I'm afraid, I posted to the forum that I'm having issues with my board having to be rebooted, and someone replied that the new OS they are releasing on the 8th might fix my problems
madbeatzyo111

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The source was robbinhood in this thread (see below). He's corresponded with Korg at some length and depth over some bugs he found, so I would consider him a reliable source.

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=412438#412438

Dan chimed in after robbinhood's post and did not confirm or deny it. I would think if it was a crazy rumor, Dan would have dispelled it then and there...
soundsailer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

madbeatzyo111 wrote:
The source was robbinhood in this thread (see below). He's corresponded with Korg at some length and depth over some bugs he found, so I would consider him a reliable source.

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=412438#412438

Dan chimed in after robbinhood's post and did not confirm or deny it. I would think if it was a crazy rumor, Dan would have dispelled it then and there...

Good to hear.........
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kontrol49 wrote:
Shame they haven't the same urgency to release back orders that people are waiting for....

All well and good releasing a new OS,but half the people haven't even got their Kronos's yet!!! Rolling Eyes

Do you actually assume the people who work on the manufacturing line are also doing software development? Of course not.

Also, the manufacturing lines have a certain capacity that can't be changed in the short term.

Are you waiting on a Kronos or just randomly complaining?

Korg USA Product support -- https://www.korgusa.com/contactus (For fastest service I would suggest calling them on the phone)

Outside the U.S. contact your Korg Country Distributor -- https://www.korg.com/us/corporate/distributors/
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I expect the people making the editor could be the same as making a new OS.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

michelkeijzers wrote:

This is very possible.

However, it is very unlikely that people on the manufacturing lines also do software development at the same time.

Korg USA Product support -- https://www.korgusa.com/contactus (For fastest service I would suggest calling them on the phone)

Outside the U.S. contact your Korg Country Distributor -- https://www.korg.com/us/corporate/distributors/
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MartinHines wrote:
michelkeijzers wrote:

This is very possible.

However, it is very unlikely that people on the manufacturing lines also do software development at the same time.

Indeed, actually at the company I work for they asked it and this is very unusual. Mostly when the programming/code work has been done, the software department continues with (new) R&D, extensions but no hardware related work like assembling products.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
billysynth1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do people actually work on assembly lines nowadays? I thought it was all automated.

I remember in Dec 1999 when i had just bought the newly released Kurzweil K2600 and was chatting on Sonikmatter, a Kurzweil person stated that the assembly line process was automated...didnt require many people to put the keyboard together.

Billy
I am a student of classical piano...I am not a classical pianist.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess it will be the same for Korg. The main resources will go to sampling/sound engineering and software engineering. And overhead (not meant in a negative way) like marketing, product support, sales etc.

jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm surrounded by people who could run Korg anytime.

At the same time none can tell me anything about editor and OS-Update. Laughing
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seriously think that the only way this keyboard can fail is through bad marketing. Sound preferences and shortcomings aside, from a technical viewpoint this this blows the competition so far out of the water it's not even funny anymore. The problem is "the masses" usually have no idea about SSDs or "different methods of synthesis". So it has to be marketed well. I hope they did some Q&A-ing with Steve Jobs or something.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: