Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Oasys Programs Name and Match with Kronos

View previous topic :: View next topic  
carmol

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:16 pm    Post subject: Oasys Programs Name and Match with Kronos Reply with quote

Hello,
I am trying to convert some karma combi's for oasys
to kronos, does somebody knows where can I find the oasys program names so I can substitute with those in kronos ?
Or is there a better/quicker way to do
the conversion ?
JPWC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.korg.com/uploads/Support/OASYS_VNL_v1_2_EJ3_633659387964450000.pdf

Link to the Korg Voice Name List for th Oasys
Kronos-6, Krome, M3, Radias, KingKorg, microKorg, KP-2, KP-3, KO-1, KO-1 PRO, Karma, microX, monotron, monotribe, PadCONTROL, Wavedrum Mini, Volca Keys, Beats, Bass, Sample, monotron Duo & Delay, microArranger, M1, Wavestation, Volca Sample, Keys, Beats & Bass, MS-20

JD-XA, JD-Xi, Aira (system 1, TB3, TR8, MX-1), Prophet 12, Mopho X4, Jupiter-80, FA-06, D50, CS1x, CZ101, DX200, AN200, analogFOUR, MachineDrum, MonoMachine, Motif XF6, Virus Snow, Nord Lead 2X, OP-1, MFOS, Tenori-on, QY100, QY70, meeblip se, miniBrute, microBrute, Bass Station 2
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I understand, you can actually load Oasys pcgs in the Kronos, which would make the whole conversion obsolete.
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SanderXpander wrote:
As far as I understand, you can actually load Oasys pcgs in the Kronos, which would make the whole conversion obsolete.

A Combi only stores Program Bank and Number information. Therefore, unless all OASYS Programs are in the same bank and number as in the Kronos (and there are differences), a person will have to perform some manual reassignment of Programs within a Combi after loading.

Korg USA Product support -- https://www.korgusa.com/contactus (For fastest service I would suggest calling them on the phone)

Outside the U.S. contact your Korg Country Distributor -- https://www.korg.com/us/corporate/distributors/
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right. I suppose that's true if you want to load Oasys combis with Kronos programs. But why not load the entire Oasys soundset?
Unless you really need to combine the two soundsets in a single setup, that seems by far the simplest solution.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made an app where you can see where each program is used (by which combis/setlists). I will adapt it later to show the programs per combi too.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: