Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2 Months without Kronos editor - zero communication
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
panrixx

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

danatkorg wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:
Also, Kronos being marketed like it comes with that editor is not a nice thing to do when the editor is non-existent yet.

But that's not the case.

http://www.korg.com/Product.aspx?pd=598

"* Editor software available soon as a free download."

Korg Site quote:

"Using the Kronos Editor software (free download, coming soon),..........."

I think Korg must have a different definition of the word SOON than mine Confused
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Though the editor is not as important as the Kronos itself (which is overwhelming good from my view), it would make things a lot easier to be able to use it as VSTi, as soon as you need to work with your software sequencer.

Looking at that, it sounds a bit weird to me, when two really nice guys, and thoroughbred musicians, answer like politicians in a press conference Smile

They probably can't help having to anwer like that, but I am sure that Korg certainly could, if they were willing to, and I'm simply disappointed by this kind of behavior. Case closed for me: my second negative Korg experience after the ongoing delivery communication desaster. Note: in both cases the critical point is not delay itself, but missing substantial communication.
ScoobyDoo555
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FWIW, so far, I've had no experiences that make me think, "hmmm, I *really* need the Editor for this now"...........

In the grand scheme of things, this machine is so easy to use, I'm intrigued to see what additional functionality the Editor might bring.... aside from Librarian aspects....

Which in the meantime, there's so any sounds to get to grips with, I think I can hang on a bit until Korg release it......
Yamaha SY77 & KX88, SSL Nucleus, Korg Kronos 61, Wavestation A/D, Access Virus B, Roland XP30, DeepMind12D, System 1m, V-Synth XT, Focusrite Red16Line, Unitor 8, Akai S3000 XL, Alesis Quadraverb+, Focal Shape Twins, Full fat iMac, Logic Pro X, ProTools 2021, loadsa plugins.
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scoobydoo, my main use is not editing, but software sequencer integration.

To update my midi and audio recording stuff and integrate the Kronos as basic sound source into it, or to write new songs in my software sequencer, a well done integrated VSTi is MUCH smarter for use and saves huge amounts of time, compared to the classical low integration method (just using midi ins and outs and basic audio out routing).

I know that huge difference too well from other hardware (Access TI, Fantom G etc.) to begin serious sequencing with the present state of things.
ScoobyDoo555
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course, there is the software plugin aspect, but it certainly isn't stopping me from writing/composing.

virtually everything has a controller # assigned, so I an still automate etc etc.

But I'm used to using SHED loads of midi hardware without DAW integration - it isn't an issue for me.

Will the editor make a difference? maybe, but not enough to stop me in my tracks.

and with all due respect, we've waited so long for Kronos (particularly Europe and further East), I'm not in the least surprised that it's been delayed for whatever reason. It's just not an issue for me.

Dan Smile
Yamaha SY77 & KX88, SSL Nucleus, Korg Kronos 61, Wavestation A/D, Access Virus B, Roland XP30, DeepMind12D, System 1m, V-Synth XT, Focusrite Red16Line, Unitor 8, Akai S3000 XL, Alesis Quadraverb+, Focal Shape Twins, Full fat iMac, Logic Pro X, ProTools 2021, loadsa plugins.
brimoore

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like for the editor to be here sooner or later as well, but bitching and whining about it isn't going to make it ready any faster.... Of course I'm bitching about people bitching Smile Ironic! BTW my Kronos 61 just showed up - whoop!!!!
Vlad_77

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can understand the impatience folks. But, perhaps we should remember that Kronos is still VERY new and people are still waiting for their orders they placed months ago.

Apparently there is an OS update imminent too. Now THAT is exciting news and for me at least will require infinitely more patience than the editor.

But whoever said that patience is a virtue never played synths. Wink

Ahimsa,
Vlad
Current gear: Kronos, Jupiter 80, Kurzweil PC3,Roland Fantom X8, Roland XV-88 (yep, its old, but the ACTION is heaven and those XV-3080 sounds are still wonderful for me), Radias-R, Motif ES (yeah it's older but I love the guitars Wink )
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has the source of the "imminent" OS update rumor ever been verified?
Or is it still just wishful thinking?

Just asking for verification ...
madbeatzyo111

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a theory on why Korg is keeping mum on the editor; it's so that they can announce with great pomp and circumstance the trifecta they've been planning all along.

1) OS update
    2) editor release
    3) expanded soundsets free of charge

Hey, it could happen.
RonF
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

panrixx wrote:

Korg Site quote:

I think Korg must have a different definition of the word SOON than mine Confused

Yes...I think their definition of "soon" is VERY different than yours. Not to say that I do not understand and empathize with your's......but I think at a corporate level....if a software enhancement to a hardware product (yes, I know they are supposed to "go" together...but think Corporate for a minute) comes out in the same 6 months to a year as the product launch....then everything is on task. Remember....the Kronos does not *rely* on the editor to function in any way. Its only a feature enhancement.....and therefore is going to take back seat to fulfilling all of the core product demand in the pipeline at launch. We know from a number of forumer's here that there are many who have yet to even have an opportunity to purchase a Kronos.

Of course....we all expect that Korg can "multi-task", and I am sure they are....but there could be numerous reasons they are waiting for the release of the software editor, including (speculating) that for it to function as they desire....they may need to release a Kronos OS update....or may be waiting for Apple and/or Microsoft to release an OS update or other sub-system update, so Korg is not having to release its own update shortly after distribution. There could be many reasons, which if we knew about, we would probably understand and perhaps even appreciate. I suspect the reason Dan and Rich are not expressing more info about it is....they do not know for sure, they do not want to make the classic error of broadcasting false "vaporware" release dates, and they are bound by contract not to do so.
Favorite Gear: Kronos 61, M3, Z1, Radias, KPro, KP3, Moog Voyager, Foogers, Virus TI, Jupiter 80, Integra7, GAIA, SPD-30, Kiwi 106, RE-201, MC808, RC505, MV8800, DSI P6 and OB6 and P12, Ensoniq SQ80, EMU MP-7, Eventide H7600, Eclipse, SPACE, Pitchfactor, Timefactor, Looperlative LP-1, Axe FX Ultra, Nord Modular, DSI Tetra, Tempest, PEK, JDXA, Eurorack Modular, Octatrack, MDUW, Monomachine, A4, RYTM, Waldorf Q Phoenix, MWXTk, Blofeld, TR8.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

madbeatzyo111 wrote:
I have a theory on why Korg is keeping mum on the editor; it's so that they can announce with great pomp and circumstance the trifecta they've been planning all along.

1) OS update
    2) editor release
    3) expanded soundsets free of charge

Hey, it could happen.

I don't see that many problems in the OS tough of course they might working on it. No real bugs have been found, mainly some expected sequencer features.

The editor is promised so I guess this will have priority.

And why should the expanded soundsets be free of charge? If so, the priority will be very low.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
panrixx

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RonF wrote:
panrixx wrote:

Korg Site quote:

Yes...I think their definition of "soon" is VERY different than yours. Not to say that I do not understand and empathize with your's.......

So as to be clear, I am the one empathising with fellow Kronos owning members - I am still awaiting delivery of my Kronos 88 Sad
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soon can be anything Smile
(e.g. at my work I made a software test which is should be tested SOON on a real machine after implementing. This is already 3 months ago.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
RonF
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

panrixx wrote:

So as to be clear, I am the one empathising with fellow Kronos owning members - I am still awaiting delivery of my Kronos 88 Sad

Then you are the classic example of what I was talking about....and I am once again empathizing with you! Smile

Imagine if you could download the editor....but had no Kronos to dongle with it! Clearly that would be a mix-up of priorities. Would be *nice* to have both.....but so would a lot of things!
Favorite Gear: Kronos 61, M3, Z1, Radias, KPro, KP3, Moog Voyager, Foogers, Virus TI, Jupiter 80, Integra7, GAIA, SPD-30, Kiwi 106, RE-201, MC808, RC505, MV8800, DSI P6 and OB6 and P12, Ensoniq SQ80, EMU MP-7, Eventide H7600, Eclipse, SPACE, Pitchfactor, Timefactor, Looperlative LP-1, Axe FX Ultra, Nord Modular, DSI Tetra, Tempest, PEK, JDXA, Eurorack Modular, Octatrack, MDUW, Monomachine, A4, RYTM, Waldorf Q Phoenix, MWXTk, Blofeld, TR8.
PinkFloydDudi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RonF wrote:
panrixx wrote:

Then you are the classic example of what I was talking about....and I am once again empathizing with you! Smile

Imagine if you could download the editor....but had no Kronos to dongle with it! Clearly that would be a mix-up of priorities. Would be *nice* to have both.....but so would a lot of things!

Thats where I'm coming from as well. I'd be pretty pissed if their priority was on the editor and not fulfilling the full demand for the product.
(Editor = free, no profit. Kronos = not free, lots of profit).

Although on the flip side, I don't think the 2 are linked. Most likely those dealing with the creation and distribution of Kronoi have nothing to do with the editor.

The main point about the silence from Korg I think is a great one still. Would it kill them to say "in the final phases of testing"...or "We are waiting on a driver update from ____"...or "we will have it in 3 weeks?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: