Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

walk me through triggering chords with external pads?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dtray187

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:15 pm    Post subject: walk me through triggering chords with external pads? Reply with quote

Hello, I have an mpd26 and want to know how to set it to trigger the 8 chord pads inside my kronos.

Thanks!!
Jon Lord

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't have kronos nor mpd26 so can't walk you throught but you can take a look at page 33 in the Parameter guide which should explain how to do this.

Just assign a notes above/below the keyboard itself on the pads to not trigger sounds and then just map those specific notes to the pads on the mpd26. When pressing the pads on the mpd26 those single notes (if assigned properly) will trigger the kronos pads. You can aswell do this with CC messages aswell instead of single notes.

JPWC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. hook midi cable from pad device (output) to Kronos (input)

2. Program pad device to send 8 different note numbers, Program Kronos to match, you'll have to set the midi channels on each to match also.

This is all I did, I suggest using the last (highest) midi notes on the devices as this will allow you to play the keyboard without interfering with the pads.

I have the korg padKontrol, it works great, 8 pads to play Karma, and 8 pads to play drums, the XY ribbon control works too!
Kronos-6, Krome, M3, Radias, KingKorg, microKorg, KP-2, KP-3, KO-1, KO-1 PRO, Karma, microX, monotron, monotribe, PadCONTROL, Wavedrum Mini, Volca Keys, Beats, Bass, Sample, monotron Duo & Delay, microArranger, M1, Wavestation, Volca Sample, Keys, Beats & Bass, MS-20

JD-XA, JD-Xi, Aira (system 1, TB3, TR8, MX-1), Prophet 12, Mopho X4, Jupiter-80, FA-06, D50, CS1x, CZ101, DX200, AN200, analogFOUR, MachineDrum, MonoMachine, Motif XF6, Virus Snow, Nord Lead 2X, OP-1, MFOS, Tenori-on, QY100, QY70, meeblip se, miniBrute, microBrute, Bass Station 2
dtray187

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Can you tell me how to the program screen for that on the kronos?
The one I found must be wrong , it only allows the chord pads on the kronos to go up down the 88 key range, this isnt good since those notes would play along with the chords.

Thanks
JPWC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note Assign for Pads is in the

Global ModeP2:Controllers/Scales (Controllers Tab)

MIDI CC# Assign - Vector Joystick / Pads

You can set a MIDI Note for each of the Pads 1-8
Kronos-6, Krome, M3, Radias, KingKorg, microKorg, KP-2, KP-3, KO-1, KO-1 PRO, Karma, microX, monotron, monotribe, PadCONTROL, Wavedrum Mini, Volca Keys, Beats, Bass, Sample, monotron Duo & Delay, microArranger, M1, Wavestation, Volca Sample, Keys, Beats & Bass, MS-20

JD-XA, JD-Xi, Aira (system 1, TB3, TR8, MX-1), Prophet 12, Mopho X4, Jupiter-80, FA-06, D50, CS1x, CZ101, DX200, AN200, analogFOUR, MachineDrum, MonoMachine, Motif XF6, Virus Snow, Nord Lead 2X, OP-1, MFOS, Tenori-on, QY100, QY70, meeblip se, miniBrute, microBrute, Bass Station 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: