Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I posted a new Yamaha CP 80 Program on KarmaLabs forum

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeremy Bender

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:27 am    Post subject: I posted a new Yamaha CP 80 Program on KarmaLabs forum Reply with quote

I have attached a program I made in less than 5 mins on my K88 in the sound files section on Karma Lab Kronos Forum (I would attach it here as well but I cant see how you can attach files here).

The limited time I spent may be self evident (and I am sure this will be pointed out on here) but it proved to me how quick I could get close to something I wanted very quickly!

I am trying to get close to the Tony Banks CP70 sound (e.g. One for the Vine live), Peter Gabriel (Wallflower etc), that kind of thing

I thought I would post this as a base starting point and if others are up for it we could contribute improved versions see how it can be made to actually sound more like the original keyboard!

Have fun!
Korg Kronos 88, Korg M3 61 with Radias EXP, DSI Prophet 6,Moog Voyager, Korg MS-20 kit, Korg Wavestation SR, Korg M3R, Korg Legacy Collection, Roland JV1080, Roland D10, EDP Wasp, Roland TR606 Drumatix, Ableton Live, Ableton Push
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, sounds good!

The one thing I would change is the too big "tail" (release plus reverb) at the end. You can't play real staccato this way, and with damper pedal the sound also gets muddy fast, due to this "tail" at the end.
Jeremy Bender

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you! Thanks for commenting

That's mainly why I posted it to try and see if it can be much improved. Is the tail due to too long sustain in the volume envelope or the reverb decay or both?

It seems to develop an odd murky harmonic when sustained
Korg Kronos 88, Korg M3 61 with Radias EXP, DSI Prophet 6,Moog Voyager, Korg MS-20 kit, Korg Wavestation SR, Korg M3R, Korg Legacy Collection, Roland JV1080, Roland D10, EDP Wasp, Roland TR606 Drumatix, Ableton Live, Ableton Push
kbrkr
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeremy, it's interesting you say that, because I experience the same issues when programming my own sounds. I do start with making the reverb dry so I can hear the amp ADSR. Then I adjust accordingly. On some of my patches I can't get the ADSR correct; I attribute it to not fully understanding how the Kronos works yet. I feel like I need to spend more quality time with each parameter in the OSC and AMP screens.
xus75

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, I need one of those CP sounds for my M3...
arapahoe

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A man of leisure?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: