Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My Kronos 73 in it's new home!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
danmusician
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:28 am    Post subject: My Kronos 73 in it's new home! Reply with quote

Enjoying the new baby!
Jun3829

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:29 am    Post subject: Very nice Reply with quote

Very nice - congratulations . Where did you buy your Kronos 73? Looking to buy fairly soon.
PauloF

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:52 am    Post subject: Re: My Kronos 73 in it's new home! Reply with quote

danmusician wrote:

Enjoying the new baby!

Congrats Danmusician,
It's really nice (by the way, nice studio too)
Enjoy your Kronos
Paulo

Keys: Korg Wavestate
Softsynths: Korg iM1, ARP Odyssei, iElectribe, iMS-20, Moog AniMoog
https://jpaulof.wixsite.com/Mysite
danmusician
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:58 am    Post subject: Re: Very nice Reply with quote

Jun3829 wrote:
Very nice - congratulations . Where did you buy your Kronos 73? Looking to buy fairly soon.

Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center in Wheaton, MD. Got a great price. I waited until early July to order. I wanted to put my hands on one, unlike when I bought my M3. They had an 88 which i played for a couple hours before i ordered. Took about month for it to come in. I have no idea how many they got or if the others were spoken for.

They wil ship orders over the Internet or by phone. I've bought a lot from Chuck's over the years. Always good service!
apex
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dan you still using that Roland VS digital recorder?

YouTube -
https://www.youtube.com/juliusdeberryjr

Facebook -
https://www.facebook.com/majesticstudiosllc

Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/majesticstudios_jld/
danmusician
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

apex wrote:
dan you still using that Roland VS digital recorder?

No, in fact I'm planning to unload it. I rearranged my studio in anticipation of getting the Kronos. When I did, I thought I might use the VS as a controller for mixing in Digital Performer. When it came time to make the MIDI settings, I didn't feel like diving back into the manuals to remember how.

I did an album on it back in the day and used it for remote projects. It's an original model with the expansion. I upgraded the HD at some point and I have the CD burner and a ZIP drive for it. I just haven't figured out what to do with it. I will either give it to my school, my nephew who is just getting started in music technology, some ministry that could use it or eBay it.

I know a guy who STILL uses multiple VS's to record his albums, but he's got 3 of 'em and is looking to move to computer.

I've got a Zoom R24 coming next week to use as a control surface/portable interface.
PianoManChuck
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a really nice studio setup you have there!

My pro studio is set up at my office location, but for now, until I get familiar with the Kronos, its at my home studio (I can spend a lot more time with it there). There's a lot to learn and get familiar with. I can't wait to move it to my office studio so that I can start making live videos with it, but from the looks of it, that could be a few more weeks!

All I can say is... I'm as thrilled about the Kronos now as I was when I got my Triton back in 2000!

Post some samples when you're ready!!! In the meantime, enjoy!
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you use headphones most of the time with the Kronos? I always disliked having both speakers on one side of my head.
danmusician
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bertotti wrote:
Do you use headphones most of the time with the Kronos? I always disliked having both speakers on one side of my head.

Speakers on the side are not my fav either, but I've gotten used to it. I use the Bose LT1 when I'm playing out and I'm not always able to get it directly behind me due to space.

I create a lot of practice CDs for HS choirs. This set up is the best for that work. That plus recording live events pays for the toys.

When I'm ready to mix, I face the computer anyway. Then I'm right in the sweet spot.
danmusician
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PianoManChuck wrote:
That's a really nice studio setup you have there!

My pro studio is set up at my office location, but for now, until I get familiar with the Kronos, its at my home studio (I can spend a lot more time with it there). There's a lot to learn and get familiar with. I can't wait to move it to my office studio so that I can start making live videos with it, but from the looks of it, that could be a few more weeks!

All I can say is... I'm as thrilled about the Kronos now as I was when I got my Triton back in 2000!

Post some samples when you're ready!!! In the meantime, enjoy!

Thanks, Chuck (and Paulo!)

The speaker towers are student computer desks I bought at the dreaded evil conglomerate Walmart. I used to have a table between them with the computer on it but everything was too spread out. I really agonized for a long time over how to set this up when I rearranged a month ago. But the desks side by side work really well. (The Mac keyboard is suspended between the shelves on both desks!) Laughing

Anyway, I've had it this way for a couple of weeks and I really like it. Everything is easily reached from my swivel chair.
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I run my Wavedrumthrough two PA's and they are off to the side as well. We do what we need to do, eh! Funny those student wallyworld desks look like a great set up. And you just have to love the glide pad for the mac!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: