Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Responsiveness

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GWILLY

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:36 pm    Post subject: Responsiveness Reply with quote

Hi folks, new to this forum. I am contemplating a Kronos, but am unsure about whether to purchase the five octave version (most affordable) or whether to go with the 88 weighted. This is a tricky concept to articulate - but I am very sensitive to the mapping or connection between the sound and the key action - on keyboards. And I feel that I have eventually sold off several boards - the Fantom G, and the Motif ES based on the fact that I much much preferred the instrument connection i've experienced on the various models of RD700. I currently have an NX. Yes these aren't exactly apples to apples boards - but as an instrument, I've felt the RD was more responsive.

I am curious if any users slave the unweighted Kronos to digital pianos, and whether they feel that the Kronos pianos and epianos - "feel" right from the master keyboard. Or whether to properly connect with the sounds of the Kronos - one needs to spring for the weighted versions. I do enjoy light keys for synth and organ playing, but for most applications - i just can't get enough of my RD action. I am not opposed to selling the RD if the Kronos weighted feel on accoustic and electric pianos is superior to slaving the unweighted version... Does this make sense?

Smile
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You just have to test a weighted Kronos in comparison to a master keyboard setup to be able to tell. I would follow no one's advice when it comes to something that personal.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: